Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filtering log file with lines older than 10 days. Post 303006462 by RudiC on Thursday 2nd of November 2017 11:26:23 AM
Old 11-02-2017
Sure? Didn't it create the two desired output files?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete user file(s) older then 'X' days ??

I want to delete any file in unix file system which is older then a week. Those files should not be unix system file..means it should be user created file. Any clue to this ?? ASAP. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete file older than N days

Hi, All, I'd like to delete files older than 1 day. I thought the following command find /your_directory -mtime +1-exec rm -f {} \; will do the work, but not so, it seems like it won't delete files unless it is 2 days old or older. the files between 1 day and 2 days old does not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericaworld
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete file older than three days

I am using SFTP to transmit files from the Mainframe to an UNIX server. I am looking for some kind of script that runs with SFTP to delete tranmitted files older than 3 days. Can this be done in a SFTP transmission batch job? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steve Carlson
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting entries older than 7 days from a file

Hi, I have a file which contains entries in this format. my-bin.000140 my-bin.000141 my-bin.000142 my-bin.000143 my-bin.000144 my-bin.000145 my-bin.000146 my-bin.000147 my-bin.000148 my-bin.000149 my-bin.000150 my-bin.000151 my-bin.000152 my-bin.000153 my-bin.000154... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Remove file older than 90 days

I have crontab job a tar file to a directory ( tar -cvf /tmp/backup/or.`date +%m%d%y`. /ora/db/* ) , it will do it every day . Now I don't want to keep too much files , I just want to keep the file for 90 days , can advise if I want to remove the backup file which are elder than 90 days , can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust3
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest date log file date

To delete log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest date log file date in the respective logs I want to write a shell script that deletes all log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest log file date in the respective logs This is my script cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekumarhari
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find all log files under all file systems older than 2 days and zip them

Hi All, Problem Statement:Find all log files under all file systems older than 2 days and zip them. Find all zip files older than 3days and remove them. Also this has to be set under cron. I have a concerns here find . -mtime +2 -iname "*.log" -exec gzip {} Not sure if this will work as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh.mishra
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines older than 30 days

Hi Experts/Gurus, Is there a way to remove lines in a file that are older than x days (i.e. 30 days) based on the date stamp in the first column? Example. $ date Sat Jan 11 14:12:06 EDT 2014 $cat sample.txt 10-10-2013 09:00:01 AM|Line test 1234567 16-10-2013 08:30:00 AM|Line test... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: brichigo
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search 2 days older file and then delete last 10 lines

I want to search 2 day older file and then delete last 10 line of that file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To nullify multiple log files older than X days.

Hi, I am writing the script for tomcat logs clean up ending with *.txt and *.log. cleanup should be applied to logs older than 7 days logs same will be scheduled in cron. after googling found below but it only help partially. find . -type f -name '*.log' -exec truncate --size 0 "{}" \; I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
6 Replies
FAXCRON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							FAXCRON(8)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date (1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/status/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8), faxq(8), faxgetty(8), faxsend(8), xferfaxstats(8), recvstats(8), hylafax-server(5) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8)