Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Smartos experiences
Operating Systems Solaris Smartos experiences Post 303006356 by jlliagre on Tuesday 31st of October 2017 08:02:08 PM
Old 10-31-2017
@jim Illumos is not an OS (i.e. not a distribution). SmartOS is based on Illumos.

@Peasant I believe other illumos based OSes are still maintained including OpenIndiana Hipster and Tribblix. OmniOS has also been recently "resurrected".

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies
bbc_beep(7D)							      Devices							      bbc_beep(7D)

NAME
bbc_beep - Platform-dependent Beep driver for BBC-based hardware. SYNOPSIS
beep@unit-address DESCRIPTION
The bbc_beep driver generates beeps on platforms (including Sun Blade 1000) that use BBC-based registers and USB keyboards. When the KIOC- CMD ioctl is issued to the USB keyboard module (see usbkbm(7M)) with command KBD_CMD_BELL/KBD_CMD_NOBELL, usbkbm(7M) passes the request to the bbc_beep driver to turn the beep on and off, respectively. FILES
/platform/sun4u/kernel/drv/sparcv9/bbc_beep 64-bit ELF kernel driver ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |BBC-based SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcarx.u | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
kbd(1), attributes(5), grbeep(7D), kb(7M), usbkbm(7M) Writing Device Drivers DIAGNOSTICS
None SunOS 5.10 18 Dec 2001 bbc_beep(7D)