Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Smartos experiences
Operating Systems Solaris Smartos experiences Post 303006356 by jlliagre on Tuesday 31st of October 2017 08:02:08 PM
Old 10-31-2017
@jim Illumos is not an OS (i.e. not a distribution). SmartOS is based on Illumos.

@Peasant I believe other illumos based OSes are still maintained including OpenIndiana Hipster and Tribblix. OmniOS has also been recently "resurrected".

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies
Bulkmail::DummyServer(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Bulkmail::DummyServer(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Bulkmail::DummyServer - dummy class for dummy server objects AUTHOR
Jim Thomason, jim@jimandkoka.com DESCRIPTION
Mail::Bulkmail::DummyServer is a drop in replacement for Mail::Bulkmail::Server. Sometimes you just want to test things on your end - make sure your list iterates properly, make sure your mail merge is functioning fine, make sure your logging functions are correct, whatever. And in those cases, you probably don't want to worry about futzing around with your SMTP relay and sending junk messages through it that you don't care about. Not to mention the fact that those probably will need to be inspected and deleted later. A hassle for debugging. Enter DummyServer. This is a subclass of Mail::Bulkmail::Server that behaves exactly the same except for the fact that it doesn't actually connect to a server. Instead, it sends all data that would be going to the server to a file instead. This file should be specified in the conf file. #in your conf file define package Mail::Bulkmail::DummyServer dummy_file = ./my.dummy.file Now, instead of sending commands to your SMTP relay, they'll get sent to ./my.dummy.file for easy inspection at a later date. CLASS ATTRIBUTES
dummy_file Stores the dummy_file that you want to output your data to. METHODS
connect "connects" to your DummyServer. Actually, internally it ties a filehandle onto this package. Yes, this thing has a (minimal) implementation of a tied handle class to accomplish this feat. This method is known to return MBDu001 - server won't say EHLO disconnect overloaded disconnect method. Wipes out the internal socket as usual, but doesn't try to say RSET or QUIT to the server. disconnect can also disconnect quietly, i.e., it won't try to issue a RSET and then quit before closing the socket. $server->disconnect(); #issues RSET and quit $server->disconnect('quietly'); #issues nothing SEE ALSO
Mail::Bulkmail::Server COPYRIGHT (again) Copyright and (c) 2003 James A Thomason III (jim@jimandkoka.com). All rights reserved. Mail::Bulkmail::DummyServer is distributed under the terms of the Perl Artistic License. CONTACT INFO
So you don't have to scroll all the way back to the top, I'm Jim Thomason (jim@jimandkoka.com) and feedback is appreciated. Bug reports/suggestions/questions/etc. Hell, drop me a line to let me know that you're using the module and that it's made your life easier. :-) perl v5.8.8 2008-03-04 Bulkmail::DummyServer(3pm)