Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking MAC Address - Four Interfaces with the same MAC Address Post 303006322 by Neo on Tuesday 31st of October 2017 11:54:28 AM
Old 10-31-2017
You should post the full screenshot of the output of your ifconfig command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Get Mac Address

:( Hi I am trying to get Mac address of of my Sun server from my C program running on the host machine. Any suggestions . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss_hpov
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac address

Hi Can some one help me How do find out Mac address in Tru64 Unix Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Syed_45
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

How do I mask my MAC address

I posted this thread under BSD but realized that it actually belongs here instead.... makes more sense to put it under IP. So without further delay on to my problem ... I havent been using UNIX for that long, so this question might sound quite stupid to most of you. I want to know how to mask my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PenguinDevil
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

How to Achive IP address through MAC(Ethernet) address

Hi sir, i want to make such programe which takes MAC(Ethernet) address of any host & give me its IP address....... but i'm nt getting that how i can pass the MAC address to Frame........ Please give me an idea for making such program... Thanks & regards Krishna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnacins
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Host ID vs MAC Address

Hi, I've got a Sun Solaris machine with host ID (840f8e57) and MAC address (0:14:4f:f:8e:57), how do I: 1. Write the MAC address in standard (IEEE 802) format, i.e. xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx? Do I need to add 0's before or after the 'f', i.e. 00-14-4f-0f-8e-57 or 00-14-4f-f0-8e-57? 2. What is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheBlueSky
4 Replies

6. Programming

SCO get MAC Address

Does anyone know how to get the mac address of a SCO box using c. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcarter2333
11 Replies

7. Solaris

Get ip address from mac address

I have following message in my messages file on solaris 10 WARNING: e1000g3712000:3 has duplicate address 010.022.196.011 (in use by 00:50:56:85:25:ef); disabled Now is there any way i can find which server has 00:50:56:85:25:ef mac address either IP or Hostname ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
6 Replies

8. SCO

MAC address

hi every one please help i want to change mac address in sco unix 5.0.6 how can i do this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaydream
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

Tracing a MAC address to IP address: Solaris

Hi there I lost connectivity to one of our remote systems and when I checked the messages log I found the following: Aug 10 23:42:34 host xntpd: time reset (step) 1.681729 s Aug 16 13:20:51 host ip: WARNING: node "mac address" is using our IP address x.x.x.x on aggr1 Aug 16 13:20:51 host... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
9 Replies

10. IP Networking

Cannot change mac address

ubuntu / xubuntu 13.10 and 14.04 (this issue should exist in debian as well) I use wifi to connect to internet. I would like to change the wifi card mac address before connecting. Let's call the original mac address, macA, and the new mac address, macB. I do the following: ifconfig wlan0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arpagon
2 Replies
MAC_IS_PRESENT(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 MAC_IS_PRESENT(3)

NAME
mac_is_present -- report whether the running system has MAC support LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/mac.h> int mac_is_present(const char *policyname); DESCRIPTION
The mac_is_present() function determines whether the currently-running kernel supports MAC for a given policy or not. If policyname is non-NULL, the presence of the named policy (e.g. ``biba'', ``mls'', ``te'') is checked, otherwise the presence of any MAC policies at all is checked. RETURN VALUES
If the system supports the given MAC policy, the value 1 is returned. If the specified MAC policy is not supported, the value 0 is returned. If an error occurs, the value -1 is returned. ERRORS
[EINVAL] The value of policyname is not valid. [ENOMEM] Insufficient memory was available to allocate internal storage. SEE ALSO
mac(3), mac_free(3), mac_get(3), mac_prepare(3), mac_set(3), mac_text(3), mac(4), mac(9) HISTORY
Support for Mandatory Access Control was introduced in FreeBSD 5.0 as part of the TrustedBSD Project. BSD
July 7, 2006 BSD