Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Inconsistency with parallel run Post 303006270 by joeyg on Monday 30th of October 2017 02:56:56 PM
Old 10-30-2017
Are the seven splits identical? Sounds like you are breaking a transaction file into seven parts to lookup against a master file.
Because I cannot fathom any reason to do the same thing seven times - my only guess is that you are doing it seven times BUT with different data elements.
Please provide more details.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run processes in parallel?

In a korn shell script, how can I run several processes in parallel at the same time? For example, I have 3 processes say p1, p2, p3 if I call them as p1.ksh p2.ksh p3.ksh they will run after one process finishes. But I want to run them in parallel and want to display "Process p1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasak
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a same script in parallel with diffs parameters

i have script say some_script.ksh that takes an argument I need to run some_script.ksh in background parallely at the sametime with different arguments. Once all the background jobs complete, i need to run this script again in parallel with another 5 set of arguments. Would really... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hyennah
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Run a script parallel for a month's worth:

Is there a utility that can be used in a shell script that would run a .sql file for 30 or 31 days in a month at the same time parallely. Please Advice. Thanks SD12. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sd12
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a command in parallel

Hi all, How do i run a command in parallel 50 times and capturing the result of each run in a separate file Eg: myApp arg1 > run1.txt myApp arg1 > run2.txt ::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::: myApp arg1 > run50.txt The above way is sequential. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script - how to prevent in parallel run

I have one shell script which is being accessed by many jobs at same time. I want to make the script such that , other job should wait for the script if script is being used by some other job. Is there any way to implement it in script level ? Gops (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run in series and Parallel

I have a list with four dates say load_date.lst contains 2010-01-01 2010-01-31 2010-03-01 2010-03-31 2010-05-01 2010-05-31 2010-07-01 2010-07-31 And I have directory /lll/src/sql with set of sql's 1_load.sql 2_load.sql 3_load.sql I want to run the sql'in series with respective to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script in parallel

Hey, I am new to UNIX scripting . I have script (ex: start_script) that starts a job in 10 different servers one server after another.Now I want to modify the script so that the script starts the job in all servers parallely (at a time in all servers).and I need the choice of selecting the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpspsm
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

To run job in parallel in batch

Hi, I am using a batch file to run 2 or more shutdown batch for each of my server like below: Shutdown_serverA.bat Shutdown_serverB.bat ... Is there anyway i can do this in parallel instead of serially:confused: ServerA & ServerB shutdown at the same time in one click (batch). (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the for loop in parallel

I have the below code which runs on multiple databases , but this runs one-after-one. I will need this to run in parallel so that i could save a lot of time. Please help!!! Thanks in advance for Db in `cat /var/opt/oracle/oratab |egrep -v "ASM" |grep -v \# |cut -d\: -f1` do { export... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoy
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script in parallel in while loop

Hi I am running a loop which actually runs same script for different argument value passed to it. while read repID do echo "Starting for $repID"; date; perl process_report.pl $repID done<${FILE_TO_READ} However this runs in sequence. I want the loop to not to wait for perl to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
3 Replies
times.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							    times.h(3HEAD)

NAME
times.h, times - file access and modification times structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/times.h> DESCRIPTION
The <sys/times.h> header defines the structure tms, which is returned by times() and includes the following members: clock_t tms_utime /* user CPU time */ clock_t tms_stime /* system CPU time */ clock_t tms_cutime /* user CPU time of terminated child processes */ clock_t tms_cstime /* system CPU time of terminated child processes */ The clock_t type is defined as described in <sys/types.h>. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
times(2), types.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Sep 2004 times.h(3HEAD)