Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to check the files existence inside a directory. Post 303006229 by rovf on Monday 30th of October 2017 04:05:04 AM
Old 10-30-2017
You can wrap your for-loop by an infinite loop, end exit the script once you did your calculation:

Code:
while true
do
    for ...
    do
       exit 0
    done
    sleep 123
done

This User Gave Thanks to rovf For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for FILES existence

hi, I have a list of filenames and I want to verify if they all exist. I know "if filename" would do the trick but how do I go about a list of files? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell :: check directory existence

Hi All, I have shell script and I need to check if some directory exist. I'm don't have the information if that directory is written in upper case or lowcase or mixed. Is there anyway to check the existence of that directory by ignoring case senestive? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alalush
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip files inside the directory, but not the directory itself

Hi, Im facing a problem that im stucked, I have the following structure: thales@pereirtc-vbox:/home/VfARM$ ls code config doc lib manifest.bak manifest.rel manifest.v3 ns pub if i try to execute zip -q -o arm.zip VfARM/* it will create a zip file with the folder VfARM.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thales.Claro
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check for existence of file (or else sleep for x time)

Hi Forum. I have a script that accepts 3 input parameters (source directory, list file text, sleep time) and checks for the presence of files. If not there, script goes to sleep for certain amount of time provided by 3rd input. list file text contains 1 entry but may contain more (file... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check existence of a number of files and call other scripts

Hi, I am new to unix scripting and am jus getting to learn about it.. I need to know on how to check for the existence of a number of files in a path..i.e the files are ftp'ed from several other servers, should check if all the files have arrived, if not wait till they arrive..can i use a flag... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohasini
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check existence of files in a folder

Hi I am having a problem to verify existence of files. I need to know whether or not files in a folder that begins with a name. For example all files that start with The_File_ *. I was doing it this way, but gives me error. if text -f /work/The_File_* then ... else .. fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rodrih92
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for the existence and add them from 2 different files

Hi, I have two files file1: ALEX DANY GARY TOM MARY HARRIS file2: ALEX 3 ALEX 5 ALEX 0 ALEX 1 ALEX 0 DANY 2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check whether directory has files in it or not in shell script?

hi, I am having script in which i want to check if directory has any file in it or not. If directory contains a single or more files then and only then it should proceed to further operations... P.S.: Directory might have thousand number of files. so there might be chance of getting error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSom007
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the Files existence

Hi I have a requirement to check whether the files exists, then it will call other steps in shell script. I did ls *.csv|wc -l if then checking the count of the files should be more than 1 then it will call other steps. I am getting the error that too many arguements as there n... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnrj
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if files inside a text file are found under a directory

Hi all, Please somebody help me with this: I want to check if the files listed in a text file, are found under a directory or not. For example: the file is list_of_files.txt, which contains inside this rows: # cat list_of_files logs errors paths debug # I want to check if these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrals_vl
3 Replies
atfsit(1)							    ShapeTools								 atfsit(1)

NAME
atfsit - A program to prepare files for version control SYNOPSIS
atfsit [ -cFhfsmM ] [ -qad ] [ -Iflags ] [ -Rflags ] [ -tdirectory ] file1 ... DESCRIPTION
Atfsit is a semi-intelligent program to prepare files for ShapeTools version control. This involves putting the correct type of headings at the top of the file so that retrv will update a header and log changes in the file. By default, atfsit will use default headers ``hard-wired'' into itself for each different file type that it ``knows'' about. (See below for list of known file types). If the -tdirectory option is specified, then atfsit will use ``.template.suffix'' files (where ``suffix'' is a suffix that atfsit ``knows'' about) found in directory. If a directory name is not specified on the command line, then the environment variable TEMPLATES is used. If $TEMPLATES is not set, then the environment variable, HOME is tried. The following template files are recognized: Template NameFile Type --------------------------------------- .template.c Standard C .template.h C Include .template.f Fortran .template.shShell Script .template.makeMakefile .template.manManual Atfsit is ``semi-intelligent'' in that it can guess the type of headers to put in the file by the type of file (C program, C include, make- file, shell script, or manual). It determines the file type by looking at the name of the file. If the name of the file is ``Makefile'' or ``makefile'', then the file type is taken to be for make(1). The suffix after the last ``.'' in the file name is then used. The fol- lowing table shows the suffixes that atfsit knows about: Suffix File Type --------------------------------------------- c C Program F C Program (with compile flags) h C Include f Fortran mk Make(1) file sh Shell Script csh Shell Script [1-9] Manual (digits 1 - 9) If the environment variable ``ATFSDIR'' is present, then atfsit will attempt to make a link from it to ``AtFS'' in the current directory if the -I option is used and there is no directory called ``AtFS'' already, in the current directory. If the -I option is used and ``ATFS- DIR'' is not specified in the environment, then a normal directory called ``AtFS'' will be created. This feature can be overrided with the -d option. OPTIONS
c Force file type to be ``Standard C''. F Force file type to be ``Standard C''. Add a special header-line for recording of compile-time options in addition to the default header. The inserted line has the form static char *ConfFlg = CFFLGS. CFFLGS must be a string value. As it is very inconve- nient, to define the proper value of CFFLGS from the command-line, this feature is more intended to be used from within Make- files. h Force file type to be ``C Include''. f Force file type to be ``Fortran''. M Force file type to be ``Manual''. Note: If you also specify the ``Iflags'' option, atfsit will run vadm(1) to tell ShapeTools what kind of comment string to use for the manual file. s Force file type to be ``Shell Script''. m Force file type to be ``Makefile''. Note that this does the same thing as the -s option does. It just prints a different mes- sage. t Do not use any Template files for the headers. q Be quiet. Don't print out what is going on. Only error messages are printed. d Do not attempt to make the directory ``AtFS''. See above for more info. a Turn off auto guessing of file type. Iflags Check In file. Run save(1) on the file with ``flags'' being passed onto save(1) as the command line arguments. Rflags Run vadm(1) with ``flags'' as the command line arguments. FILES
/tmp/atfsit* - temporary buffer ~/.template.* - template files to use as the header. AUTHOR
Michael Cooper (mcooper@usc-oberon.ARPA) Modified for use with ShapeTools by Axel.Mahler@cs.tu-berlin.de SEE ALSO
save(1), vadm(1), retrv(1). DIAGNOSTICS
Complains about the usual stuff. (i.e. - the specified file doesn't exist, or it can't read it...just things like that.) atfsit-1.15 Tue Jun 29 16:29:16 1993 atfsit(1)