Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Login
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Login Post 303006115 by Scott on Friday 27th of October 2017 06:39:23 AM
Old 10-27-2017
Hi there.

No, we don't change usernames, except as a benefit for VIP members.

Regards,

Scott.
This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both, when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
1 Replies

3. Solaris

error message rmclomv ... SC Login Failure for user Please login:

Hello World ~ HW : SUN Fire V240 OS : Solaris 8 Error message prompts 'rmclomv ... SC login failure ...' on terminal. and Error Message prompts continually 'SC Login Failure for user Please login:' on Single Mode(init S) The System is in normal operation, though In case of rain, Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

telnet login successful ,but ssh can not login

why I can login by telnet using root account but when i use login by ssh using root account it is not successful ,is it different password i am sure ssh service is started (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

5. AIX

User Account Login Login on your AIX server

I want to learn AIX. I would like to find someone who would be willing to give me a login to their AIX home lab server. My intent is to poke around and discover the similarities and differences of AIX compared to other *NIXs. I am a UNIX admin so I can think of what some immediate concerns may... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl_in_my_shel
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing login details to htaccess login prompt

Hi, How i can pass the login details to the URL which is password protected with the htaccess using command line or script (perl,or shell,or php). Any help or hint appreciated. Thanks, SJ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilvesterJ
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can adding to a new group be effective in current login environment without re-login?

Hey folks, When a user is added to a new group, the user has to be log out and log in again to make the new group effective. Is there any system command or technique to refresh user group ID update without re-login? I am not talking about to use "login" or "su -l" commands which can only make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
2 Replies

8. AIX

Not able to login AIX server but able to login thru console.

Hi, i am able to login to AX server thru console but not able to login directly thru server. also the server is not ping-able with other server. filesystem is fine. and OS version is AIX 5.3. please let me know if you need any specific log. thx in advance. Scriptor (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

First login on KUbuntu 16.04 no SKEL copied with first login LDAPusers

Hello, we have an problem on kubuntu16.04 that when i login with ldap, and it is my first login, nothing is copied from skel. With SSH it is working fine. Can anyone say we how KDE setup an new first userlogin? Tested with SDDM and Lightdm. Thanks a lot! Best Regard darktux ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darktux
1 Replies
in.uucpd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      in.uucpd(1M)

NAME
in.uucpd, uucpd - UUCP server SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/in.uucpd [-n] DESCRIPTION
in.uucpd is the server for supporting UUCP connections over networks. in.uucpd is invoked by inetd(1M) when a UUCP connection is established, that is, a connection to the port indicated in the "uucp" service specification, and executes the following protocol. See services(4): 1. The server prompts with login:. The uucico(1M) process at the other end must supply a username. 2. Unless the username refers to an account without a password, the server then prompts with Password:. The uucico process at the other end must supply the password for that account. If the username is not valid, or is valid but refers to an account that does not have /usr/lib/uucp/uucico as its login shell, or if the password is not the correct password for that account, the connection is dropped. Otherwise, uucico is run, with the user ID, group ID, group set, and home directory for that account, with the environment variables USER and LOGNAME set to the specified username, and with a -u flag specifying the username. Unless the -n flag is specified, entries are made in /var/adm/utmpx, /var/adm/wtmpx, and /var/adm/lastlog for the username. in.uucpd must be invoked by a user with appropriate privilege (usually root) in order to be able to verify that the pass- word is correct. SECURITY
in.uucpd uses pam(3PAM) for authentication, account management, and session management. The PAM configuration policy, listed through /etc/pam.conf, specifies the modules to be used for in.uucpd. Here is a partial pam.conf file with entries for uucp using the UNIX authen- tication, account management, and session management module. uucp auth requisite pam_authtok_get.so.1 uucp auth required pam_dhkeys.so.1 uucp auth required pam_unix_auth.so.1 uucp account requisite pam_roles.so.1 uucp account required pam_projects.so.1 uucp account required pam_unix_account.so.1 uucp session required pam_unix_session.so.1 If there are no entries for the uucp service, then the entries for the "other" service will be used. If multiple authentication modules are listed, then the peer may be prompted for multiple passwords. FILES
/var/adm/utmpx accounting /var/adm/wtmpx accounting /var/adm/lastlog time of last login ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbnuu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svcadm(1M), uucico(1M), pam(3PAM), pam.conf(4), services(4), attributes(5), pam_authtok_check(5), pam_authtok_get(5), pam_authtok_store(5), pam_dhkeys(5), pam_passwd_auth(5), pam_unix_account(5), pam_unix_auth(5), pam_unix_session(5), smf(5) DIAGNOSTICS
All diagnostic messages are returned on the connection, after which the connection is closed. user read An error occurred while reading the username. passwd read An error occurred while reading the password. Login incorrect. The username is invalid or refers to an account with a login shell other than /usr/lib/uucp/uucico, or the password is not the correct password for the account. NOTES
The in.uucpd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/uucp Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. The pam_unix(5) module is no longer supported. Similar functionality is provided by pam_authtok_check(5), pam_authtok_get(5), pam_auth- tok_store(5), pam_dhkeys(5), pam_passwd_auth(5), pam_unix_account(5), pam_unix_auth(5), and pam_unix_session(5). SunOS 5.11 12 Aug 2004 in.uucpd(1M)