Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Execution problems with sun blade 150 Post 303005683 by moh_abaloo on Saturday 21st of October 2017 12:14:01 PM
Old 10-21-2017
dear sir
thanks for the kind reply. well the main problem was the medical device and now we solved and it works properly.however, there is an imaging system installed in the sun blade and once the medical device detect something , it install in the data base and the imaging shown in the imaging system in the sun blade.
well i want the sun blade run. so if there is a way to make the solaries run without a hard drive or dvd disc
i am looking to heir from you as soon as possible

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory upgrade Sun Blade 150

I would like to upgrade the memory in my Sun Blade 150 workstation. In reading through Sun's Blade 150 DIMM Installation Guide, it indicates that the memory must be "certified by Sun for the Sun Blade 150 system." Does anyone know if any SDRAM, PC133 • CL=2 • Unbuffered • ECC • 133MHz • 3.3V ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help to configure Sun Blade 150 workstation

Hi, I am new to UNIX. I have a Sun Blade 150 worksation. I used a Dell monitor and Dell keyboard as input and output devices. However, workstation always told me that keyboard couldn't be found. I used Dell keyboard with USB and Dell keyboard with series connector. It all didn't work. Please help... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
10 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Blade 150 - I can't hook up extra drives

I'm not familiar with this particular machine and it's baffling me. For those that are familar with the workstation, allow me to paint a picture. If you were looking down on the machine (open) you would see the main board and then a riser board. On the left side of the riser board are jacks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silversaleen68
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Blade 100 cdrom problems...

FYI noob to here and sun blades... I have a sun blade 100 and I can't get the cdrom to work. if i try using vold that doesn't seem to work either...maybe i'm not using it correctly. Upon boot you can open/close the cdrom and it runs but after i'm logged in it won't open and i can't access it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaun138
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Jumpstart Solaris 8 on Sun Blade 150 Hangs

We had to replace a hard drive in one of our Sun Blade 150s, but now it hangs during the Jumpstart. It will show 1 or 2 Timeout for ARP/RARP messages and then start the spinning numbers. It always stops at 2ae00 and just hangs there. We have 1 combined jumpstart server and it is also our NIS+... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stottsja
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris: Blade 150 - XWINDOWS Problem

Hi, I have a Solaris 8.0 BLADE 150 machine. I have an onboard graphics alongwith an addon XVR500 graphics card. Now, when I use the motherboard graphics, I am not able to login to the XWINDOWS terminal, instead it stays on the console. But, if I insert the monitor cable to the XVR500 port,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Blade 150 not a Sun?

I have recently re-installed Solaris 10 on a Sun Blade 150 followed by a patch set (10_Recommended) dated 2011.12.05. I have just noticed /bin/sun now returns false, rather than true. See below. $ uname -a SunOS myblade1 5.10 Generic_147440-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100 $ /bin/sparc &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apmcd47
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun Blade 150 wont boot off cdrom

Hello, Ive just aquired a blade 150 off ebay.Im new to suns and are having a problem getting it to boot off the cdrom.Openboot continuously tries to do a network boot and I cant enter any commands.Im using an average pc keyboard and it definetly works.Thanks for any help.:wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chucky
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun Blade 150 will not boot off harddrive after install of solaris 10

Hello, I cant get my blade box to boot off the harddrive after installing solaris 10.I can get to a root prompt after issuing "boot cdrom -s".I tried booting off disk0 and disk1,but I get "the file just loaded does not seem to be executable".Thanks for any help.:wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chucky
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Cannot install or run Solaris 8 on Sun Blade 150

Hi everybody, I'm having big troubles in installing Solaris 8 on a Sun Blade 150. Here are some system specs: Sun Blade 150 (UltraSPARC-IIe 550MHz) RAM: 256MB OBP 4.10.6 2003/06/06 12:30 POST 2.0.1 2001/08/23 17:13 When I try to boot from Solaris 8 CD with boot cdrom or... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vortigern
10 Replies
deallocate(1)                                                                                                                        deallocate(1)

NAME
deallocate - device deallocation SYNOPSIS
deallocate [-s] device deallocate [-s] [-F] device deallocate [-s] -I The deallocate utility deallocates a device allocated to the evoking user. device can be a device defined in device_allocate(4) or one of the device special files associated with the device. It resets the ownership and the permission on all device special files associated with device, disabling the user's access to that device. This option can be used by an authorized user to remove access to the device by another user. The required authorization is solaris.device.allocate. When deallocation or forced deallocation is performed, the appropriate device cleaning program is executed, based on the contents of device_allocate(4). These cleaning programs are normally stored in /etc/security/lib. The following options are supported: device Deallocate the device associated with the device special file specified by device. -s Silent. Suppresses any diagnostic output. -F device Forces deallocation of the device associated with the file specified by device. Only a user with the solaris.device.revoke authorization is permitted to use this option. -I Forces deallocation of all allocatable devices. Only a user with the solaris.device.revoke authorization is permitted to use this option. This option should only be used at system initialization. The following exit values are returned: non--zero An error occurred. /etc/security/device_allocate /etc/security/device_maps /etc/security/dev/* /etc/security/lib/* See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ allocate(1), list_devices(1), bsmconv(1M), dminfo(1M), mkdevalloc(1M), mkdevmaps(1M), device_allocate(4), device_maps(4), attributes(5) The functionality described in this man page is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. /etc/security/dev, mkdevalloc(1M), and mkdevmaps(1M) might not be supported in a future release of the Solaris Operating Environment. 28 Mar 2005 deallocate(1)