Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help me making this script
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help me making this script Post 303005652 by wbport on Friday 20th of October 2017 04:33:45 PM
Old 10-20-2017
What have you attempted so far? Is this in a class you are taking?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a script exectuable

Hi, I'm pretty new to Unix and I just have a question concerning making a script executable without putting the "sh" command before it. In case it makes the difference I am on an Apple computer using the Terminal. Anyway here is the little test code I wrote followed by the commands I took to try to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BuyoCat
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making flags for my script

I have no idea how to make my own flags. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help making a script

Here is what I have: #!/bin/bash # Setup year date and month YR=`date +%Y '{print $6}'` MON=`date +%b '{print $2}'` DAY=`date +%d '{print $3}'` file=$YR$MOY$DOM # clear # Dump database using USER/PASS to ..sql mysqldump --user=me -ppass database > database-db.$file.sql The YR, MON and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npereira
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

making script

hello experts cany any one help me i want to make one script which can rlogin to another machine . but it should not ask me username/password from me of another machine it should take the username and password from the script only. please help me out. regards, shary (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

making shell script

Hi , I am new to shell scripting I want to make script as to execute followng command mysqldump -u (user name) -p(password) database name>filename.sql this file saves with current date and time and execute automatically at particular time which I give (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making a tasklog script

I am trying to create a program called tasklog that integrates with one of my online accounts, to keep track of what tasks I have been working on. On login, I'd like it to display (up to) the five most recent entries, then ask me what I plan to work on during the new session. I then will type an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santod
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I could use some help with making a script

I run a small instrument lab. We track our user's time on the instruments with a very manual process of 'last wtmp.1' then cut/paste data into spreadsheets. My boss makes the initial spreadsheets then I convert and format them for uploading into our billing software (COReS). Cores is looking for a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpontius
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help With making this script

Hello, im a new user on this site and learning scripting very slowly at a understanding pace. However i am up with a challenge and require help completing this. The script has to include arguments, variables, decisions and loops. So the script is about calculating the broadcast address for any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tHe666
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making any script executable

Hi all, I'm new to Unix so just wanted some help. I've been self learning and came accross a question online that I was trying. It is to make any shell script executable, the name of the file is to be made executable. I would use nano and type in something like #! /bin/bash Chmod +x... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HelenaR
4 Replies

10. AIX

Making a trace for a script

Hello experts, I'm trying to make a trace (unix log) in hope to see why I have differences in some bases : I putted at the first { and in the last line } > $DATA_SAS 2>&1 Is it a right command ? Do you have another solution ? thank you, regards, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimob
7 Replies
EVENT2VRULE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    EVENT2VRULE(1)

NAME
event2vrule - adds 'events' to rrdtool graphs SYNOPSIS
event2vrule <params> DESCRIPTION
Adding Events to Graphs There is a new graphing feature which allows you to specify events that should be displayed in your graphs. These events are simply a list of points in time at which something of interest occurred. For instance, one could create a plain text file in the graphs directory called events.txt containing these lines: 2001/02/10 1538 added support for events to FlowScan graphs 2001/02/12 1601 allowed the events file to be named on make command line Then to generate the graphs with those events included one might run: $ make -f graphs.mf events=events.txt This feature was implemented using a new script called event2vrule that is supplied with FlowScan. This script is meant to be used as a ``wrapper'' for running rrdtool(1), similarly to how one might run nohup(1). E.g.: $ event2vrule -h 48 events.txt rrdtool graph -s -48h ... That command will cause these VRULE arguments to be passed to rrdtool, at the end of the argument list: COMMENT: VRULE:981841080#ff0000:2001/02/10 1538 added support for events to FlowScan graphs COMMENT: VRULE:982015260#ff0000:2001/02/12 1601 allowed the events file to be named on make command line COMMENT: SEE ALSO
add_ds.pl(1), add_txrx(1), flowscan(1), ip2hostname(1), locker(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Anibal Monsalve Salazar, for the Debian Project. EVENT2VRULE(1)