Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Conditional IF Question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Conditional IF Question Post 303005562 by awkwardone on Thursday 19th of October 2017 04:01:55 PM
Old 10-19-2017
Thank you Scott, that fixed it. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

question on conditional compilation

Hey, can I #define something outside the source file ? I have a C program which uses #ifdef.. #ifdef ABC ... do this.. #else ... that ... #endif The usual way that I know of defining ABC is in the source/header file #define ABC But is there any other way to do that ? Maybe as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - conditional cause

Hello guys, I want to make a conditional cause in the following file using awk: awk '{ if ($2 != 0) print $1, $2, $3}' test.csv > test2.csv FILE EXAMPLE = test.csv string,number,date abc,0,20050101 def,1,20060101 ghi,2,20040101 jkl,12,20090101 mno,123,20020101 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rafael.Buria
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

conditional ftp

There are two servers X and Y.We have some files in server X created in the month of may,08(other months file is also there). We want to FTP the files to server Y checking the condition on server X.We cant run script on server X.please suggest wat is the command to do it (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

conditional

conditional is not wworking can any one figure out what goes wrong xx1=`$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s apps/ostgapps1 2>/dev/null << EOF WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT 1 set head off feedback off ; WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE; select count(*) from CMS_INVOICE_ALL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u263066
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If conditional

Hi, I am new to unix and shell scripting.In my script,there is a line using the "if" conditional - if && ; then do something Here "x" is a variable holding string value.If it is not equal to a comma or a string,only then I want to enter the "if" loop. But I am getting error while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhinavsinha
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

If conditional

Hi, I am new to unix and shell scripting.In my script,there is a line using the "if" conditional - if && ; then do something Here "x" is a variable holding string value.If it is not equal to a comma or a string,only then I want to enter the "if" loop. But I am getting error while... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinavsinha
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional Splitting.

hi, I have file with some data delimited by #. For e.g. : RHMS0001#1#ABCD RHMS0002#1#ABCD RHMS0003#1#ABCD RHMS0004#1#ABCD RHMS0005#1#ABCD RHMS0006#1#ABCD RHMS0007#1#ABCD RHMS0001#2#ABCD RHMS0002#2#ABCD RHMS0001#3#ABCD RHMS0004#3#ABCD RHMS0006#3#ABCD (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pparthiv
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easy if conditional question.

I'm just starting this whole scripting thing, and I'm trying to write a simple script which will ask the user to press a key between 3-7. If they press a key that's not between 3-7, it will tell the user such. Here's my script: #!/bin/bash blah=1 echo -n "Press a key from 3-7." read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SlickStretch
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional execution

Hi All, I want to echo a message in case a system is reachable by ping or echo a different message in case it's not reachable. Sample code i wrote is ping localhost -n 2 | grep 'ttl' > ping_op; ls ping_op > /dev/null && drReachable=Alive; echo -e `date`: \\t "DR server is reachable" >>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Zer0
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Conditional Script

Hi, I have a script file which has some simple commands. I want these commands to be executed based on the input. Ia m good with IF statement also. At the end it has to be based on incoming value. Example CASE 1 : Execute some commands where Input value as 1 CASE 2 : Execute... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrupatel
5 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)

NAME
dh_installdebconf - install files used by debconf in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdebconf [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdebconf is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by debconf into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postrm commands needed to interface with debconf. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how that works. Note that if you use debconf, your package probably needs to depend on it (it will be added to ${misc:Depends} by this program). Note that for your config script to be called by dpkg, your postinst needs to source debconf's confmodule. dh_installdebconf does not install this statement into the postinst automatically as it is too hard to do it right. FILES
debian/package.config This is the debconf config script, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. Inside the script, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. debian/package.templates This is the debconf templates file, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. debian/po/ If this directory is present, this program will automatically use po2debconf(1) to generate merged templates files that include the translations from there. For this to work, your package should build-depend on po-debconf. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postrm script. -- params Pass the params to po2debconf. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)