Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers UNIX command to ignore replacing a search string if it is already present Post 303005389 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 17th of October 2017 02:23:09 PM
Old 10-17-2017
Or
Code:
sed 's|\(Folder^\)/*|\1/|g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a string in a file with command line parameter

Hello, I am trying to replace a string with a paramter given along with the script. I am replacing application1 to application2 with the script: ./change_app.sh application2 change_app.sh: #!/bin/ksh grep $1 applications.dat 2>&1 >/dev/null echo $1 file=pckage.new sed 's/Name:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix find command to print directory and search string

Hi i need to print pathname in which the string present using 'find' command sample output like this Pathname String to be searched ---------- -------------------- /usr/test/myfile get /opt/test/somefile get Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: princein
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep exact string from files and write to filename when string present in file

I am attempting to grep an exact string from a series of files within a directory and append that output to the filename when it is present in the file. I've been after this all day with no luck. Thanks for your help in advance :wall:. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JC_1
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How write the ignore dupkey command in UNIX?

I know that in oracle the is a way to write to ignore the dupkey, something like /*+ ignore_row_on_dupkey_index(tab, index_tab) */ Is there a way to do the same thing but with unix commands? I think there's a way with WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE but i'm not sure and i don't know how do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: punticci
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string within a file and list common words from the line having the search string

Hi, Need your help for this scripting issue I have. I am not really good at this, so seeking your help. I have a file looking similar to this: Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. How are you? Hello, i am human and name=PQRS. I am good. Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. Good bye. Hello, i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search, and add if present

Dear All, I have to find a way to reorganize a table file according to the last column. The input file looks like this: cat Input1.txt: ID:12:23:00Q EU232 2342 234 123 231 aa1;ab2 ID:11:22:00E EU112 1232 211 112 233 ab2;ac3 ID:19:24:00S EU121 569 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: loba
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String search in UNIX

Hi Team, Please help me with a command which greps the exact match of the string which I am searching in a file. For examplecat > file abc abcd def ghi In the above file I just wanted to display abc which is first entry. When I execute grep command cat file | grep "abc" it results... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhuraju
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a file which is also present in another file in UNIX

Hi there, I am new to Unix and had below requirement to finish my task. I have file1.dat which has data as shown below. case1.txt case2.txt case3.txt case4.txt file1.dat has only file names I have folder which has above files mentioned in file1.dat ./all_files case1.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj028
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search partial string in a file and replace the string - UNIX

I have the below string which i need to compare with a file and replace this string in the file which matches closely. Can anyone help me on this. string(Scenario 1)- user::r--,user::ourfrd:r-- String(Scenario 2)- user::r-- File **** # file: /local/Desktop/myfile # owner: me # group:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
6 Replies
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Folder(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Folder(3pm)

NAME
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Folder - Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Folder object SYNOPSIS
use Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable; my $document=Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable->new; my $folder=$document->Folder(name=>"My Folder"); DESCRIPTION
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Folder is a Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Base with a few other methods. USAGE
my $folder=$document->Folder(); #add folder to $document my $subfolder=$folder->Folder(); #add folder to $folder METHODS
initialize We overide the default "initialize" method in order to append the "plugins" method from Module::Pluggable on to the packages list of the Method::Autoload package. The "packages" property is what is needed by Method::Autoload package. The "plugins" method is what is provided by Module::Pluggable. So, the Folder package now has available to it every method in the "Plugins" folder at runtime. Folder Constructs a new Folder object and appends it to the parent folder object. Returns the object reference if you need to make any setting changes after construction. my $folder=$folder->Folder(name=>"My Folder"); $folder->Folder(name=>"My Folder"); NetworkLink Constructs a new NetworkLink object and appends it to the parent folder object. Returns the object reference if you need to make any setting changes after construction. $folder->NetworkLink(name=>"My NetworkLink", url=>"./anotherdoc.kml"); LookAt Constructs a new LookAt object and returns the object reference to assign to other object "lookat" properties. $document->LookAt( latitude => $lat, #decimal degrees longitude => $lon, #decimal degrees range => $range, #meters tilt => $tilt, #decimal degrees from veritical heading => $header, #decimal degrees from North ); type Returns the object type. my $type=$folder->type; node data Pushes arguments onto data array and returns an array or reference that holds folder object content. This is a list of objects that supports a type and structure method. my $data=$folder->data; my @data=$folder->data; $folder->data($placemark); open BUGS
Please log on RT and send to the geo-perl email list. LIMITATIONS
Due to limitations in Perl hashes, it is not possible to specify the order of certain elements and attributes in the XML. TODO
SUPPORT
Try geo-perl email list. AUTHOR
Michael R. Davis (mrdvt92) CPAN ID: MRDVT COPYRIGHT
This program is free software licensed under the... The BSD License The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable, Module::Pluggable Method::Autoload, XML::LibXML::LazyBuilder perl v5.14.2 2011-06-26 Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Folder(3pm)