Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Water cooled 1U server
Special Forums Hardware Water cooled 1U server Post 303005350 by gandolf989 on Tuesday 17th of October 2017 09:23:55 AM
Old 10-17-2017
Thanks Bakunin. I was thinking that it would be a good desktop machine. I'm not a gamer, but it would be better than the desktop that I have. Unfortunately, it's just too loud. But I could stuff it in the basement, and use it as a server.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Man develops Car that runs using water as fuel

It's a metacafe video, doesn't work with tags. Here's the link Man Develops a Car Which Runs Solely on Water ! Video This is good news, I guess if water replaces oil we won't get a heart attack any more when we see fuel prices keep escalating because arabs and israeli's keep fighting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tracking high water usage of mount point

Oracle Linux 5.6 x86-64 This may or may not end up being a strictly 'scripting' issue, but I'll start here. I'm looking for a way of establishing the 'max' or 'high water' useage of a given mount point over a period of a week. My first thought was for a cron job, as: */5 * * * * df -h |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH fetching files from server A onto server B and putting on server C

Dear Friends, Sorry for this basic request. But I just started learning Ksh recently and still I am a newbie in this field. Q: I have files on one server and the date format is 20121001000009_224625.in which has year (yyyy) month (mm) and date (dd). I have these files on server A. The task... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrownBob
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to server-1 from server-2 and get a file from server-1

I need to connect to a ftp server-1 from linux server-2 and copy/get a file from server-1 which follows a name pattern of FILENAME* (located on the root directory) and copy on a directory on server-2. Later, I have to use this file for ETL loading... For this I tried using as below /usr/bin/ftp... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer file from server B to server C and running the script on server A

I have 3 servers A, B, C and server B is having some files in /u01/soa/ directory, these files i want to copy to server C, and i want to run the script from server A. Script(Server A) --> Files at Server B (Source server) --> Copy the files to Server C(Target Server). We dont have RSA key... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
4 Replies
gnome-background-properties(1)					   User Commands				    gnome-background-properties(1)

NAME
gnome-background-properties - customize your desktop background SYNOPSIS
gnome-background-properties [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The Background preferences tool allows you to customize the desktop background. The desktop background is the part of the desktop where there are no interface graphical items, such as panels and windows. The desktop background is always beneath the other interface items. You can customize the desktop background in the following ways: o Select an image to display on the desktop background. The image is superimposed on the desktop background color. The desktop back- ground color is visible if you select a transparent image or if the image does not cover the entire desktop background. o Select a color for the desktop background. You can select a solid color, or create a gradient effect with two colors. A gradient effect is a visual effect where one color blends gradually into another color. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the background preference tool example% gnome-background-properties EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-backgrounExecutableefor Background preferences tool ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-preferences | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-control-center(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 gnome-background-properties(1)