Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Water cooled 1U server
Special Forums Hardware Water cooled 1U server Post 303005291 by gandolf989 on Monday 16th of October 2017 08:33:31 PM
Old 10-16-2017
Right. It goes back to the second law of thermodynamics. I would need a cooling unit outside the server and tubing to bring water into and out of the server. I was hoping that someone figured this out. I realize also that it would be bad if the water cooling system leaked.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Man develops Car that runs using water as fuel

It's a metacafe video, doesn't work with tags. Here's the link Man Develops a Car Which Runs Solely on Water ! Video This is good news, I guess if water replaces oil we won't get a heart attack any more when we see fuel prices keep escalating because arabs and israeli's keep fighting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tracking high water usage of mount point

Oracle Linux 5.6 x86-64 This may or may not end up being a strictly 'scripting' issue, but I'll start here. I'm looking for a way of establishing the 'max' or 'high water' useage of a given mount point over a period of a week. My first thought was for a cron job, as: */5 * * * * df -h |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH fetching files from server A onto server B and putting on server C

Dear Friends, Sorry for this basic request. But I just started learning Ksh recently and still I am a newbie in this field. Q: I have files on one server and the date format is 20121001000009_224625.in which has year (yyyy) month (mm) and date (dd). I have these files on server A. The task... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrownBob
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to server-1 from server-2 and get a file from server-1

I need to connect to a ftp server-1 from linux server-2 and copy/get a file from server-1 which follows a name pattern of FILENAME* (located on the root directory) and copy on a directory on server-2. Later, I have to use this file for ETL loading... For this I tried using as below /usr/bin/ftp... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer file from server B to server C and running the script on server A

I have 3 servers A, B, C and server B is having some files in /u01/soa/ directory, these files i want to copy to server C, and i want to run the script from server A. Script(Server A) --> Files at Server B (Source server) --> Copy the files to Server C(Target Server). We dont have RSA key... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
4 Replies
ACPI_THERMAL(4) 					   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					   ACPI_THERMAL(4)

NAME
acpi_thermal -- ACPI thermal management subsystem SYNOPSIS
device acpi DESCRIPTION
The acpi_thermal driver provides the thermal management features of the ACPI module. This driver has a sysctl(8) interface and a devd(8) notification interface. The sysctls export properties of each ACPI thermal zone object. There can be multiple thermal zones in a system. For example, each CPU and the enclosure could all be separate thermal zones, each with its own setpoints and cooling devices. Thermal zones are numbered sequentially in the order they appear in the AML. The acpi_thermal driver also activates the active cooling system according to each thermal zone's setpoints. SYSCTL VARIABLES
hw.acpi.thermal.min_runtime Number of seconds to continue active cooling once started. A new active cooling level will not be selected until this interval expires. hw.acpi.thermal.polling_rate Number of seconds between polling the current temperature. hw.acpi.thermal.user_override If set to 1, allow user override of various setpoints (below). The original values for these settings are obtained from the BIOS and system overheating and possible damage could occur if changed. Default is 0 (no override). hw.acpi.thermal.tz%d.active Current active cooling system state. If this is non-negative, the appropriate _AC%d object is running. Set this value to the desired active cooling level to force the corresponding fan object to the appropriate level. hw.acpi.thermal.tz%d.passive_cooling If set to 1, passive cooling is enabled. It does cooling without fans using cpufreq(4) as the mechanism for controlling CPU speed. Default is enabled for tz0 where it is available. hw.acpi.thermal.tz%d.thermal_flags Current thermal zone status. These are bit-masked values. hw.acpi.thermal.tz%d.temperature Current temperature for this zone. hw.acpi.thermal.tz%d._PSV Temperature to start passive cooling by throttling down CPU, etc. This value can be overridden by the user. hw.acpi.thermal.tz%d._HOT Temperature to start critical suspend to disk (S4). This value can be overridden by the user. hw.acpi.thermal.tz%d._CRT Temperature to start critical shutdown (S5). This value can be overridden by the user. hw.acpi.thermal.tz%d._ACx Temperatures at which to switch to the corresponding active cooling level. The lower the _ACx value, the higher the cooling power. All temperatures are printed in Celsius. Values can be set in Celsius (by providing a trailing "C") or Kelvin (by leaving off any trailing letter). When setting a value by sysctl(8), do not specify a trailing decimal (i.e., 90C instead of 90.0C). NOTIFIES
Notifies are passed to userland via devd(8). See /etc/devd.conf and devd.conf(5) for examples. The acpi_thermal driver sends events with the following attributes: system ACPI subsystem Thermal type The fully qualified thermal zone object path as in the ASL. notify An integer designating the event: 0x80 Current temperature has changed. 0x81 One or more trip points (_ACx, _PSV) have changed. 0x82 One or more device lists (_ALx, _PSL, _TZD) have changed. 0xcc Non-standard notify that the system will shutdown if the temperature stays above _CRT or _HOT for one more poll cycle. SEE ALSO
acpi(4), cpufreq(4), acpidump(8) AUTHORS
Michael Smith This manual page was written by Takanori Watanabe. BSD
March 17, 2007 BSD