Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Water cooled 1U server
Special Forums Hardware Water cooled 1U server Post 303005291 by gandolf989 on Monday 16th of October 2017 08:33:31 PM
Old 10-16-2017
Right. It goes back to the second law of thermodynamics. I would need a cooling unit outside the server and tubing to bring water into and out of the server. I was hoping that someone figured this out. I realize also that it would be bad if the water cooling system leaked.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Man develops Car that runs using water as fuel

It's a metacafe video, doesn't work with tags. Here's the link Man Develops a Car Which Runs Solely on Water ! Video This is good news, I guess if water replaces oil we won't get a heart attack any more when we see fuel prices keep escalating because arabs and israeli's keep fighting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tracking high water usage of mount point

Oracle Linux 5.6 x86-64 This may or may not end up being a strictly 'scripting' issue, but I'll start here. I'm looking for a way of establishing the 'max' or 'high water' useage of a given mount point over a period of a week. My first thought was for a cron job, as: */5 * * * * df -h |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH fetching files from server A onto server B and putting on server C

Dear Friends, Sorry for this basic request. But I just started learning Ksh recently and still I am a newbie in this field. Q: I have files on one server and the date format is 20121001000009_224625.in which has year (yyyy) month (mm) and date (dd). I have these files on server A. The task... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrownBob
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to server-1 from server-2 and get a file from server-1

I need to connect to a ftp server-1 from linux server-2 and copy/get a file from server-1 which follows a name pattern of FILENAME* (located on the root directory) and copy on a directory on server-2. Later, I have to use this file for ETL loading... For this I tried using as below /usr/bin/ftp... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer file from server B to server C and running the script on server A

I have 3 servers A, B, C and server B is having some files in /u01/soa/ directory, these files i want to copy to server C, and i want to run the script from server A. Script(Server A) --> Files at Server B (Source server) --> Copy the files to Server C(Target Server). We dont have RSA key... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
4 Replies
ACPI(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   ACPI(1)

NAME
acpi - Shows battery status and other ACPI information SYNOPSIS
acpi [options] DESCRIPTION
acpi Shows information from the /proc or the /sys filesystem, such as battery status or thermal information. OPTIONS
-b | --battery show battery information -a | --ac-adapter show ac adapter information -t | --thermal show thermal information -c | --cooling show cooling device information -V | --everything show every device, overrides above options -s | --show-empty show non-operational devices -i | --details show additional details if available: * battery capacity information * temperature trip points -f | --fahrenheit use fahrenheit as the temperature unit instead of default celsius -k | --kelvin use kelvin as the temperature unit instead of default celsius -p | --proc use the old /proc interface, default is the new /sys one -d | --directory <dir> path to ACPI info (either /proc/acpi or /sys/class) -h | --help display help and exit -v | --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
The original version of this manual page was written by Paul Telford <pxt@debian.org> for the Debian system. Newer additions were done by Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU GPL. ACPI(1)