Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Nagios XI installation errors Post 303005264 by DOkuwa on Monday 16th of October 2017 11:28:07 AM
Old 10-16-2017
Nagios XI installation errors

Hello I am installing Nagios XI on red hat 7 and I am getting this error message

Code:
./fullinstall
========================
Nagios XI Full Installer
========================

This script will do a complete install of Nagios XI by executing all necessary
sub-scripts.

IMPORTANT: This script should only be used on a 'clean' install of CentOS or
RedHat. Do NOT use this on a system that has been tasked with other purposes
or has an existing install of Nagios Core. To create such a clean install
you should have selected ONLY the 'Base' package in the OS installer.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Proceeding with installation...
Checking MySQL credentials...
MySQL not yet installed - that's okay.
Running './0-repos'...
Configuring Repos...
Passed New Subscription Check
package centos-release is not installed
An error has occurred:
ERROR: can not find RHNS CA file: /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
See /var/log/up2date for more information
ERROR: Please add the 'Optional' channel to your Red Hat systems subscriptions.
       You can do so in the Redhat Network web interface or using the rhn-channel command.
       or, install the yum-utils package and use the following command:
       yum-config-manager --enable rhel-7-server-optional-rpms
RESULT=1

===================
INSTALLATION ERROR!
===================
Installation step failed - exiting.
Check for error messages in the install log (install.log).

If you require assistance in resolving the issue, please include install.log
in your communications with Nagios XI technical support.

The script that failed was: './0-repos'

Last edited by Scott; 10-16-2017 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: Use code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
0 Replies

3. AIX

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major OS errors/Bash errors help!!!!

Hi all, dummy here.... I have major errors on entering the shell. On login I get: -bash: dircolors: command not found -bash: tr: command not found -bash: fgrep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: id: command not found -bash: [: =: unary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcmmlynn
12 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Installation errors Please help

Hi to all I have a sun Ultra 10 workstation with the following configuration SUN ULTRA-10 Workstation 440 Mhz CPU 1024 MB RAM 40 GB HDD Seagate (Connected as Primary master) FDD Samsung DVD Writer (connected as Secondary master) CABINET SMPS Sun keyboard and mouse the command -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: network45
3 Replies

6. Solaris

MIBs installation errors

hi guys, actually am experiencing an big issue.. while compiling MIBs ''RFC 1213 and Host-Resources-MIB'' on my solaris server version 9 ... i got object errors!! :(. i used a software that can monitor network devices, but unfortunately it can not polled information from my solaris 9 because... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bryan17
1 Replies

7. Solaris

installtool installation errors

I have a product that is built using installtool software(using makekit utility). I am able to build the product successfully but while installing the product on a machine i am getting errrors as shown below, ################################## installtool: Entered Ready for Extraction phase...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
0 Replies

8. Linux

Nagios Installation in CentOS is having "Error #2 "

Hello All, I was trying to install Nagios on CentOS 6.2 by following the below link and having few errors at the "Install Nagios" section in the website, could you please let me know how to get rid of it and successfully install. Install Nagios in CentOS CENTREON 6 | Linux Tutorial I have... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
12 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios check dependent on second nagios server

We have a dual Nagios server setup. One is setup for internal server monitoring on our LAN, while the second Nagios server is hosted externally and is used for external checks only such as URL and ping checks form the WAN side. I was wondering if there is any way to setup cross dependencies... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugenes18t
1 Replies
Nagios::StatusLog(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Nagios::StatusLog(3pm)

NAME
Nagios::StatusLog, Nagios::(Service|Host|Program)::Status - Perl objects to represent the Nagios status file DESCRIPTION
Reads the Nagios status log and returns ::Status objects that can be used to get status information about a host. For Nagios version 2.x logs, pass in the Version => 2.0 parameter to new(). And similarly, pass in the Version => 3.0 parameter to new() for Nagios version 3.x logs. my $log = Nagios::StatusLog->new( Filename => "/var/opt/nagios/status.log", Version => 1.0 ); $localhost = $log->host( "localhost" ); print "status of localhost is now ",$localhost->status()," "; $log->update(); print "status of localhost is now ",$localhost->status()," "; # for Nagios v2.0 my $log = Nagios::StatusLog->new( Filename => "/var/cache/nagios2/status.dat", Version => 2.0 ); # for Nagios v3.0 my $log = Nagios::StatusLog->new( Filename => "/var/cache/nagios3/status.dat", Version => 3.0 ); METHODS
new() Create a new Nagios::StatusLog instance. The object will be initialized for you (using $self->update()). Nagios::StatusLog->new( "/var/opt/nagios/status.log" ); update() Updates the internal data structures from the logfile. $log->update(); service() Returns a Nagios::Service::Status object. Input arguments can be a host_name and description list, or a Nagios::Service object. my $svc_stat = $log->service( "localhost", "SSH" ); my $svc_stat = $log->service( $localhost_ssh_svc_object ); Nagios::Service::Status has the following accessor methods (For V1): host_name description status current_attempt state_type last_check next_check check_type checks_enabled accept_passive_service_checks event_handler_enabled last_state_change problem_has_been_acknowledged last_hard_state time_ok current_notification_number time_warning time_critical process_performance_data notifications_enabled latency scheduled_downtime_depth is_flapping plugin_output percent_state_change execution_time time_unknown failure_prediction_enabled last_notification obsess_over_service flap_detection_enabled list_services() Returns an array of all service descriptions in the status log. Services that may be listed on more than one host are only listed once here. my @all_services = $log->list_services; list_services_on_host() Returns an array of services descriptions for a given host. my @host_services = $log->list_services_on_host($hostname); my @host_services = $log->list_services_on_host($nagios_object); host() Returns a Nagios::Host::Status object. Input can be a simple host_name, a Nagios::Host object, or a Nagios::Service object. my $hst_stat = $log->host( 'localhost' ); my $hst_stat = $log->host( $host_object ); my $hst_stat = $log->host( $svc_object ); Nagios::Host::Status has the following accessor methods (for V1): host_name status last_check last_state_change problem_has_been_acknowledged time_up time_down time_unreachable last_notification current_notification_number notifications_enabled event_handler_enabled checks_enabled flap_detection_enabled is_flapping percent_state_change scheduled_downtime_depth failure_prediction_enabled process_performance_data plugin_output list_hosts() Returns a simple array of host names (no objects). my @hosts = $log->list_hosts; info() [Nagios v2 & v3 logs only] Returns a Nagios::Info::Status object. It only has two methods, created() and version(). my $i = $log->info; printf "Logfile created at %s unix epoch time for Nagios verion %s ", $i->created, $i->version; contact() [Nagios v3 logs only] Returns a Nagios::Contact::Status object. Input can be a simple contact_name, or a Nagios::Contact object. my $c = $log->contact( 'john' ); my $c = $log->contact( $contact_object ); Nagios::Contact::Status has the following accessor methods (for v3): contact_name modified_attributes modified_host_attributes modified_service_attributes host_notification_period service_notification_period last_host_notification last_service_notification host_notifications_enabled service_notifications_enabled hostcomment() [Nagios v3 logs only] Returns a Nagios::Hostcomment::Status object. Input can be a simple host_name, or a Nagios::Host or Nagios::Service object. my $c = $log->hostcomment( 'localhost' ); my $c = $log->hostcomment( $localhost_object ); my $c = $log->hostcomment( $localhost_service_object ); foreach my $id (sort keys %$c) { printf "Host %s has a comment[$id] made by %s on %s: %s", $c->{$id}->host_name, $c->{$id}->author, scalar localtime $c->{$id}->entry_time, $c->{$id}->comment_data; } Nagios::Hostcomment::Status is a perl HASH, keyed with the Nagios comment IDs, where each ID has the following accessor methods (for v3): host_name entry_type comment_id source persistent entry_time expires expire_time author comment_data servicecomment() [Nagios v3 logs only] Returns a Nagios::Servicecomment::Status object. Input can be a simple host_name or Nagios::Host object with a service description or Nagios::Service object, or just a Nagios::Service object by itself. my $c = $log->servicecomment( 'localhost', 'SSH' ); my $c = $log->servicecomment( $localhost_object, $localhost_ssh_svc_object ); my $c = $log->servicecomment( $localhost_ssh_svc_object ); foreach my $id (sort keys %$c) { printf "Service %s on %s has a comment[$id] made by %s on %s: %s", $c->{$id}->service_description, $c->{$id}->host_name, $c->{$id}->author, scalar localtime $c->{$id}->entry_time, $c->{$id}->comment_data; } Nagios::Servicecomment::Status is a perl HASH, keyed with the Nagios comment IDs, where each ID has the following accessor methods (for v3): host_name service_description entry_type comment_id source persistent entry_time expires expire_time author comment_data hostdowntime() [Nagios v3 logs only] Returns a Nagios::Hostdowntime::Status object. Input can be a simple host_name, or a Nagios::Host or Nagios::Service object. my $d = $log->hostdowntime( 'localhost' ); my $d = $log->hostdowntime( $localhost_object ); my $d = $log->hostdowntime( $localhost_service_object ); foreach my $id (sort keys %$d) { printf "Host %s has scheduled downtime[$id] made by %s on %s for %.1f hours [%s - %s]: %s", $d->{$id}->host_name, $d->{$id}->author, scalar localtime $d->{$id}->entry_time, ($d->{$id}->duration)/3600.0, scalar localtime $d->{$id}->start_time, scalar localtime $d->{$id}->end_time, $d->{$id}->comment; } Nagios::Hostdowntime::Status is a perl HASH, keyed with the Nagios downtime IDs, where each ID has the following accessor methods (for v3): host_name downtime_id entry_time start_time end_time triggered_by fixed duration author comment servicedowntime() [Nagios v3 logs only] Returns a Nagios::Servicedowntime::Status object. Input can be a simple host_name or Nagios::Host object with a service description or Nagios::Service object, or just a Nagios::Service object by itself. my $c = $log->servicedowntime( 'localhost', 'SSH' ); my $c = $log->servicedowntime( $localhost_object, $localhost_ssh_svc_object ); my $c = $log->servicedowntime( $localhost_ssh_svc_object ); foreach my $id (sort keys %$d) { printf "Service %s on %s has scheduled downtime[$id] made by %s on %s for %.1f hours [%s - %s]: %s", $d->{$id}->service_description, $d->{$id}->host_name, $d->{$id}->author, scalar localtime $d->{$id}->entry_time, ($d->{$id}->duration)/3600.0, scalar localtime $d->{$id}->start_time, scalar localtime $d->{$id}->end_time, $d->{$id}->comment; } Nagios::Servicedowntime::Status is a perl HASH, keyed with the Nagios downtime IDs, where each ID has the following accessor methods (for v3): host_name service_description downtime_id entry_time start_time end_time triggered_by fixed duration author comment program() Returns a Nagios::Program::Status object. No arguments. my $prog_st = $log->program; Nagios::Program::Status has the following accessor methods (For V1): program_start nagios_pid daemon_mode last_command_check last_log_rotation enable_notifications execute_service_checks accept_passive_service_checks enable_event_handlers obsess_over_services enable_flap_detection enable_failure_prediction process_performance_data STRUCTURE
This module contains 4 packages: Nagios::StatusLog, Nagios::Host::Status, Nagios::Service::Status, and Nagios::Program::Status. The latter 3 of them are mostly generated at compile-time in the BEGIN block. The accessor methods are real subroutines, not AUTOLOAD, so making a ton of calls to this module should be fairly quick. Also, update() is set up to only do what it says - updating from a fresh logfile should not invalidate your existing ::Status objects. AUTHOR
Al Tobey <tobeya@tobert.org> SEE ALSO
Nagios::Host Nagios::Service perl v5.12.4 2011-10-22 Nagios::StatusLog(3pm)