Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Nagios XI installation errors Post 303005264 by DOkuwa on Monday 16th of October 2017 11:28:07 AM
Old 10-16-2017
Nagios XI installation errors

Hello I am installing Nagios XI on red hat 7 and I am getting this error message

Code:
./fullinstall
========================
Nagios XI Full Installer
========================

This script will do a complete install of Nagios XI by executing all necessary
sub-scripts.

IMPORTANT: This script should only be used on a 'clean' install of CentOS or
RedHat. Do NOT use this on a system that has been tasked with other purposes
or has an existing install of Nagios Core. To create such a clean install
you should have selected ONLY the 'Base' package in the OS installer.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Proceeding with installation...
Checking MySQL credentials...
MySQL not yet installed - that's okay.
Running './0-repos'...
Configuring Repos...
Passed New Subscription Check
package centos-release is not installed
An error has occurred:
ERROR: can not find RHNS CA file: /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
See /var/log/up2date for more information
ERROR: Please add the 'Optional' channel to your Red Hat systems subscriptions.
       You can do so in the Redhat Network web interface or using the rhn-channel command.
       or, install the yum-utils package and use the following command:
       yum-config-manager --enable rhel-7-server-optional-rpms
RESULT=1

===================
INSTALLATION ERROR!
===================
Installation step failed - exiting.
Check for error messages in the install log (install.log).

If you require assistance in resolving the issue, please include install.log
in your communications with Nagios XI technical support.

The script that failed was: './0-repos'

Last edited by Scott; 10-16-2017 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: Use code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
0 Replies

3. AIX

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major OS errors/Bash errors help!!!!

Hi all, dummy here.... I have major errors on entering the shell. On login I get: -bash: dircolors: command not found -bash: tr: command not found -bash: fgrep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: id: command not found -bash: [: =: unary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcmmlynn
12 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Installation errors Please help

Hi to all I have a sun Ultra 10 workstation with the following configuration SUN ULTRA-10 Workstation 440 Mhz CPU 1024 MB RAM 40 GB HDD Seagate (Connected as Primary master) FDD Samsung DVD Writer (connected as Secondary master) CABINET SMPS Sun keyboard and mouse the command -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: network45
3 Replies

6. Solaris

MIBs installation errors

hi guys, actually am experiencing an big issue.. while compiling MIBs ''RFC 1213 and Host-Resources-MIB'' on my solaris server version 9 ... i got object errors!! :(. i used a software that can monitor network devices, but unfortunately it can not polled information from my solaris 9 because... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bryan17
1 Replies

7. Solaris

installtool installation errors

I have a product that is built using installtool software(using makekit utility). I am able to build the product successfully but while installing the product on a machine i am getting errrors as shown below, ################################## installtool: Entered Ready for Extraction phase...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
0 Replies

8. Linux

Nagios Installation in CentOS is having "Error #2 "

Hello All, I was trying to install Nagios on CentOS 6.2 by following the below link and having few errors at the "Install Nagios" section in the website, could you please let me know how to get rid of it and successfully install. Install Nagios in CentOS CENTREON 6 | Linux Tutorial I have... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
12 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios check dependent on second nagios server

We have a dual Nagios server setup. One is setup for internal server monitoring on our LAN, while the second Nagios server is hosted externally and is used for external checks only such as URL and ping checks form the WAN side. I was wondering if there is any way to setup cross dependencies... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugenes18t
1 Replies
UP2DATE(8)						    Red Hat Linux System Manual 						UP2DATE(8)

NAME
Update Agent - a program for updating packages on Red Hat Linux SYNOPSIS
up2date [OPTION]... [PACKAGE NAME]... up2date-nox [OPTION]... [PACKAGE NAME]... DESCRIPTION
Update Agent provides a complete system for updating the RPM packages installed on a Red Hat Linux system. Both command line and graphical interfaces are included. When you run Update Agent, you will be prompted for the computer's root password. This is because Update Agent needs read/write access to the RPM database, and it needs to be able to install packages when so requested. It also needs read/write access to the up2date systemid file in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid , and it's configuration in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date Update Agent has a quite a few configuration options, including but not limited to: installing packages after they are downloaded; down- loading source RPMs along with binary RPMs; whether or not to upgrade packages where the default configuration file(s) have been modified, and more. You can change these settings through a graphical interface by running up2date-config, or you can edit the configuration file /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date directly. A number of the command line arguments described below can also be used at runtime to override con- figuration options. There is also a text mode based configuration if invoked with with the --configure option. If you supply package names on the command line, those particular packages will be updated or installed if there are new versions avail- able. Only the package name is needed, do not supply any version or release information. If the package is not currently installed, it will be downloaded and installed, along with any dependencies that package requires. --configure Configure Update Agent options. This will allow you to adjust things such as which files/packages to skip by default, where to store retrieved packages, and more. --register Register a system with Red Hat Network. This is mainly useful for reregistering a system, as up2date will automatically invoke this mode if the current system isnt registered. -d, --download Download packages only, do not install them. This option is provided so that you can override the configuration option "Do not install packages after retrieval." It is mutually exclusive with the --install option. --nodownload Do not download packages at all. This is for testing purposes. -f, --force Force package installation. This option is provided so that you can override the file, package and configuration skip lists. -i, --install Install packages after they are downloaded. This option is provided so that you can override the configuration option "Do not install packages after retrieval.". It is mutually exlusive with the the --download option. -l, --list Output a list of packages which have been updated and available for retrieval/installation. --dry-run Output a list of packages available for updates, and all the deps they need, including obsoletes. --showall Show a list of all packages available from the channels the system is currently subscribed to, including those not currently installed. -k, --packagedir Specify a colon seperated path of directories to look for packages before attempting to download them. --nosig Do not use GPG to check package signatures (overrides configuration option). --src Download source rpms as well as binary rpms. --nosrc Do not download source package (overrides configuration option). -p, --packages Update the packages associated with this System Profile on Red Hat Network. Useful if you have installed, updated, or removed pack- ages without Update Agent, and your package list has become unsynchronized with your remote Profile. --whatprovides=<deps> Queries the RHN servers to resolve the comma seperated list of dependencies. It will return a list of packages that will satisfy these deps. --solvedeps=<deps> Queries the RHN servers to resolve the comma seperated list of dependencies. Essentially the same as --whatprovides except it will also download and install the packages that are needed to resolve the dependencies. --show-channels Show the channels associated with a package where approriate. If used alone, it shows the currently subscribed channels. If used with --showall or --whatprovides it will show channels as well as package names. --installall Used in combo with --channel to install all the packages from a given channel. --show-orphans List all packages currently installed that are not present in channels the server is subscribed to. --show-available List all packages available in the channels the server is subscribed to, but are not currently installed. --channel Specify a specific channel. Used in combo with --installall. --list-rollbacks Shows all currently available rpm rollbacks. --tmpdir=<directory> allows you to override the configured package/temporary file storage directory. This can be useful if you are about to download a lot of packages but you do not have enough space to store them in the default location. --serverURL=<url> Specify what server url to use. --gpg-flags Shows the flags that gpg will be invoked with (the keyring, the home directory, etc). Intentend for useage in scripts that want to invoke gpg the same way up2date does. -u, --update Completely update the system. All relevant packages will be downloaded (and possibly installed, if you have configured Update Agent to do so). --nox do not even attempt to display the gui. -h, --help display help on command line arguments and exit. -v, --verbose print more information about what Update Agent is doing. --justdb only add packages to the database,do not install them to the filesystem. --dbpath Specify a path where an alternat rpm database to use is found. --version output version information and exit. RETURN CODES
Update Agent returns 0 on success, 1 on error. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date Configuration settings for Update Agent. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid Unique system identification certificate for Red Hat Network. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date-keyring.gpg The default keyring used specificaly for up2date, if used with versions of rpm that support it (rpm-4.0.4 or higher) /var/spool/up2date The spool directory where rpm stores package lists, package headers and packages. /var/spool/repackage The spool directory where rpm/up2date stores rollback rpms. /var/log/up2date This is the log file for up2date. /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT The ssl certificate authority file used by up2date to validate the Red Hat Network ssl servers. /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY A copy of the Red Hat, Inc rpm package signing key. This is the gpg key that can be used to verify a package is signed by Red Hat, Inc. EXAMPLES
The following example starts up the interactive gui client. up2date The following example shows up2date being used in non-interactive batch mode. up2date -u This example shows up2date being used to discover which packages solve a set of deps manually on a Red Hat Linux 7.0 machine. up2date --whatprovides "/bin/bash,gimp,libhistory.so.4.1" bash-2.04-11 readline-4.1-5 gimp-1.1.25-1 This example shows how to start up the text based config tool. up2date --nox --configure This example shows how to use up2date to install a package with many deps that isnt currently installed. up2date kdebase This example shows how to install all the packages from the channel foobar-1.0-i386 up2date --installall --channel foobar-1.0-i386 This example shows how to list all the currently installed packages that are not part of channels the system is currently subscribed to. up2date --show-orphans SEE ALSO
Configuration is performed through up2date-config. The Update Agent is tightly coupled with Red Hat Network. Visit <http://rhn.red- hat.com> for access or to sign up. AUTHORS
Written by Preston Brown <pbrown@redhat.com>, Cristian Gafton <gafton@redhat.com>, and Adrian Likins <alikins@redhat.com> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2002 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. 4th Berkeley Distribution Wed 29 November 2000 UP2DATE(8)