Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C Exit Not Executing
Operating Systems AIX C Exit Not Executing Post 303005251 by jeffs42885 on Monday 16th of October 2017 09:02:04 AM
Old 10-16-2017
When I do an ldd against the exit itself as my own user -

Code:

user@server:/dir/to/exit> ldd CustomExit
 CustomEXIT: No such file or directory

toss in sudo-

Code:
user@server:/dir/to/exit> ldd CustomExit
CustomExit/usr/lib/libcrypt.a(shr.o)
/usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o)

Code:
user@server:/dir/to/exit> echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/lpp/psf/bin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find a list of exit codes? (Exit code 64)

I'm receiving an exit code 64 in our batch scheduler (BMC product control-m) executing a PERL script on UX-HP. Can you tell me where I can find a list of exit codes and their meaning. I'm assuming the exit code is from the Unix operating system not PERL. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: executing commands and reading exit vals

I have a function that returns a bunch of exit codes, say func1, and in my code I'm trying to execute that function in an if statement. This is the closest I could get. f1call=`func1 $arg1 $arg2` if ]; then ... fi When I run the script the function never gets called. What's the right way... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eur0dad
7 Replies

3. Programming

exit(0) versus exit(1)

What is the difference between using exit(0) and exit(1) to exit a program? Which should I use? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nohup - sub job in script not executing until I exit

My job is launched using this command: I'm at home and having VPN drops so I used nohup and background. nohup perf_mon -c rating_4_multi,cfg & The main script is PID 26119, and the sub task under it is 26118 which is not running - just sits there. 26119 runs forever but nothing else runs. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ido1957
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing multiple processes without waiting for their exit status.

Hello Friends, Hope you are doing well. I just need a help in executing multiple processes. I've written a shell script which calls another scritps. But the problem is there are too many processes to run, and each process takes about a min to finish its execution. So, I want to just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: singh.chandan18
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need the difference between exit 1 & exit 7

Hi In one of the script I am seeing some thing like exit 7,exit 1,exit 2,exit 3,exit 9,exit6.What is the difference between all of this exit.Can anyone help here please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute shell script and if string found while executing then exit

Hi All, I have one shell script start.sh which executes another shell script test.sh something like below :test.sh -param1 -param2 In the test.sh there is one command for removing file:rm file1.bak I want whenever I execute start.sh, it will execute test.sh and if it finds string rm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ORAI
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing 'exit' command from shell script

Hi, I am writing shell script to automate few use cases for CLI interface. We have CLI interface which has bunch of commands. I am trying to execute one of the commands 'exit' as part of automation to exit from CLI object (not from shell script) in my shell script. My intension is to execute... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahesh Desai
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to keep staying on remote server after executing a shell script with if then exit end statement?

i have a "if .. then exit end " in s shell script on remote servers. now the connection to the remote server got killed after i run this script on the remote servers. How do i run this script on remote hosts and still keep remote connections alive after executing the script. Thank you. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: moonmonk
10 Replies
EXIT(P) 						     POSIX Programmer's Manual							   EXIT(P)

NAME
exit - cause the shell to exit SYNOPSIS
exit [n] DESCRIPTION
The exit utility shall cause the shell to exit with the exit status specified by the unsigned decimal integer n. If n is specified, but its value is not between 0 and 255 inclusively, the exit status is undefined. A trap on EXIT shall be executed before the shell terminates, except when the exit utility is invoked in that trap itself, in which case the shell shall exit immediately. OPTIONS
None. OPERANDS
See the DESCRIPTION. STDIN
Not used. INPUT FILES
None. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
None. ASYNCHRONOUS EVENTS
Default. STDOUT
Not used. STDERR
The standard error shall be used only for diagnostic messages. OUTPUT FILES
None. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
None. EXIT STATUS
The exit status shall be n, if specified. Otherwise, the value shall be the exit value of the last command executed, or zero if no command was executed. When exit is executed in a trap action, the last command is considered to be the command that executed immediately preceding the trap action. CONSEQUENCES OF ERRORS
Default. The following sections are informative. APPLICATION USAGE
None. EXAMPLES
Exit with a true value: exit 0 Exit with a false value: exit 1 RATIONALE
As explained in other sections, certain exit status values have been reserved for special uses and should be used by applications only for those purposes: 126 A file to be executed was found, but it was not an executable utility. 127 A utility to be executed was not found. >128 A command was interrupted by a signal. FUTURE DIRECTIONS
None. SEE ALSO
Special Built-In Utilities COPYRIGHT
Portions of this text are reprinted and reproduced in electronic form from IEEE Std 1003.1, 2003 Edition, Standard for Information Technol- ogy -- Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX), The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6, Copyright (C) 2001-2003 by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc and The Open Group. In the event of any discrepancy between this version and the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard, the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard is the referee document. The original Standard can be obtained online at http://www.opengroup.org/unix/online.html . IEEE
/The Open Group 2003 EXIT(P)