Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cloning a Sunblade 2500
Operating Systems Solaris Cloning a Sunblade 2500 Post 303005137 by Stellaman1977 on Friday 13th of October 2017 10:23:19 AM
Old 10-13-2017
I never used the installation media though I do have some. I only used the Operating Environment ROM when putting this together with the mirror drive.

What do I do now?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux Benchmarks

AMD 2500 / 1G RAM / Soyo KT600 Ultra MB

System Notes: CPU/Speed: AMD Athlon 2500+ 1.8Ghz Ram: 1 GB DDR 333 PC2700 Motherboard: Soyo KT600 Dragon Ultra Bus: PCI Cache: 512KB (corrected earlier error stating 512MB!) HD Controller: EIDE Benchmarks: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Anyone has problems with new Blade 2500????

Hi guys, I am a new member here. This is my first post. I try to purchase some new Blade 2500 for the company. However, the vendor suggests me to get Blade 2000 instead. The vendor said he has many problems with new Silver Blade 2500's. Has anyone here had simlar experience with blade 2500?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: facaizhu
4 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SB2000, 2500 server client convert

Hi, Sir, I have a customer who use a SB2000 as server and just upgraded three client machine with SB2500. The system is used for planning and all boxes likely share the same source on server, so pretty slow when all machines are in operation. The customer wish to do a server-to-client and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: howhowzz
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sunblade 1000

Hi everyone this is my first post I have used linux a couple of times and was impressed, so i bought an old sunblade 1000, just to learn something new. I cannot get the thing to work! I have tried to install solaris 10 and several types of linux. I am beginning to wonder if i was sold a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kawakaze
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Now Over 2500 FB Fans for Our New Timeline

Progress! 25% there on our way 10,000 FB fans on the new timeline: https://www.unix.com/members/neo-albums-forum-pics-picture503-facebook-timeline-now-over-2-500-fans.png (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

6. Hardware

StorageTek 2500

Hi, I recently got StoragaTek 2500 and I would like to connect it to my solaris machine, since I don't have much experience with storages, could someone point me how to do so, how can i present disks from storage on my solaris os? (everything is already connected) thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sprehodec
1 Replies

7. BSD

Installing OpenBSD for Xorg on Sunblade 2500

Hello All, I am new to the forum so forgive me for any mistakes. I have a question. I have been doing alot of reading about how to get a supportable operating system on my sunblade 2500. I also want to use it for Xorg. I have been having trouble getting the sun XVR drivers working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harqobi22
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need in for a script that should check for errors in multiple log file (approx 2500) and should mail

hello everyone, I am new to linux and got this deliverable to write a script that should check for error in multiple log file (count is approx 2500 log files on single server) and once error is found, it should mail that error My logic says: we can put all log files path/location in one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik_CTS
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ufsrestore on SunBlade 2500

Good Afternoon, I'm setting up a SunBlade 2500 using ufsrestoreand have gotten to the point where I have restored the root and usr partitions. However, the machine keeps rebooting, never really coming up. Looking at vfstab, it looks pretty empty- shouldn't I see entries like... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
22 Replies
rmmount(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       rmmount(1M)

NAME
rmmount - removable media mounter for CD-ROM, floppy, Jaz drive, and others SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rmmount [-D] DESCRIPTION
The rmmount utility is a removable media mounter that is executed by Volume Management whenever a removable medium, such as a CD-ROM or a floppy, is inserted. The Volume Management daemon, vold(1M), manages removable media. rmmount can also be called by using volrmmount(1). Upon insertion of a medium and following invocation of the volcheck(1) command, rmmount determines what type of file system (if any) is on that medium. If a file system is present, rmmount mounts the file system in one of the locations listed below. For a diskette (floppy): /floppy/floppy0 symbolic link to mounted floppy in local floppy drive /floppy/floppy_name mounted named floppy /floppy/unnamed_floppy mounted unnamed floppy For a CD-ROM or a DVD-ROM: /cdrom/cdrom0 symbolic link to mounted CD-ROM in local CD-ROM drive /cdrom/CD-ROM_name mounted named CD-ROM /cdrom/CD-ROM_name/partition mounted named CD-ROM with partitioned file system /cdrom/unnamed_cdrom mounted unnamed CD-ROM For a Zip drive: /rmdisk/zip0 symbolic link to mounted Zip medium in local Zip drive /rmdisk/Zip_name mounted named Zip medium /rmdisk/Zip_name/partition mounted named Zip medium with partitioned file system /rmdisk/unnamed_zip mounted unnamed Zip medium For a Jaz drive: /rmdisk/jaz0 symbolic link to mounted Jaz medium in local Jaz drive /rmdisk/Jaz_name mounted named Jaz medium /rmdisk/Jaz_name/partition mounted named Jaz medium with partitioned file system /rmdisk/unnamed_Jaz mounted unnamed Jaz medium For a generic "rmdisk" drive: /rmdisk/rmdisk0 symbolic link to mounted removable medium in local removable medium drive /rmdisk/rmdisk_name mounted named removable medium /rmdisk/rmdisk_name/partition mounted named removable medium with partitioned file system /rmdisk/unnamed_rmdisk mounted unnamed removable medium If the media is read-only (for example, a CD-ROM or a floppy with write-protect tab set), the file system is mounted read-only. If a file system is not identified, rmmount does not mount a file system. See the System Administration Guide: Basic Administration for more information on the location of CD-ROM, floppy, and other media without file systems. Also see volfs(7FS). If a file system type has been determined, it is then checked to see that it is "clean." If the file system is "dirty," fsck -p (see fsck(1M)) is run in an attempt to clean it. If fsck fails, the file system is mounted read-only. After the mount is complete, "actions" associated with the media type are executed. These actions allow for the notification to other pro- grams that new media are available. These actions are shared objects and are described in the configuration file, /etc/rmmount.conf. See rmmount.conf(4). Actions are executed in the order in which they appear in the configuration file. The action function can return either 1 or 0. If it returns 0, no further actions will be executed. This allows the function to control which applications are executed. In order to execute an action, rmmount performs a dlopen(3C) on the shared object and calls the action function defined within it. The def- inition of the interface to actions can be found in /usr/include/rmmount.h. File systems mounted by rmmount are always mounted with the nosuid flag set, thereby disabling setuid programs and access to block or char- acter devices in that file system. Upon ejection, rmmount unmounts mounted file systems and executes actions associated with the media type. If a file system is "busy" (that is, it contains the current working directory of a live process), the ejection will fail. OPTIONS
-D Turn on the debugging output from the rmmount dprintf calls. FILES
/etc/rmmount.conf removable media mounter configuration file /usr/lib/rmmount/*.so.1 shared objects used by rmmount. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWvolu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
volcancel(1), volcheck(1), volmissing(1), volrmmount(1), fsck(1M), vold(1M), dlopen(3C), rmmount.conf(4), vold.conf(4), attributes(5), volfs(7FS) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 2004 rmmount(1M)