Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem Upgrading OS
Operating Systems AIX Problem Upgrading OS Post 303005023 by bakunin on Thursday 12th of October 2017 04:27:54 AM
Old 10-12-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobochacha29
So I guess that there are some differences between Power 5 and Power 6. These remaining old filesets above are not upgraded and they made the OS remaining 6.1.0.0.

Is that right? And how to fix this ?
For license reasons you need to have the base level fileset included in the NIM resource (usually an lpp_source) even if you do not install that itself but a subsequent patch level.

If you do not need a certain fileset (some are just installed by default) you can deinstall it with installp -u.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrading to Solaris 8 from 2.6

Hello, First of all I don't know much about the different between sun or Solaris :confused: This is my scenario We have 6 WS and server running DNS, Oracle DB and Apache server. I type uname -a -- the result is "SunOS omjs06 5.6 Generic_105181-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-2" I guess... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoquest
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrading Sudo

Hi all I am trying to upgrade Sudo on my Redhat Linu 7.0 box. I have obtained the latest version of Sudo (1.6.6) from http://www.courtesan.com/sudo/. THis is in the form of a src.rpm file. I am confused about installing this. How can I install from a source rpm. It does not upgrade the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skotapal
1 Replies

3. AIX

Upgrading from 5.1.0.0 to 5.2.0.0

As a fairly new Administrator to AIX i am a little leary of the OS upgrade I need to do on one of our servers. I have already upgraded the microcode to the lastest level and now need to do the OS. I have the docs and discs from IBM and have determined that I dont want to do a new installation but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Target
5 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Upgrading PC Memory

hello folks, I am planning to upgrade my PC's ram. currently the ram I have is 2x256MB=512MB/133MHz (DDR266) - DDR SDRAM, PC-2100. My guess is that it has 184 Pins. I would like to get a DDR2 with 667MHz, 240 pin. Is it possible, since pins don't match. Do they have to match? (there are 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem with Upgrading firmware on X4500

I have X4500 running solaris 10 with 5.10 version. The ILOM version is 1.1.1 and I want to upgrade the firmware. I setup the TFTP server on my machine using the following link. A P P E N D I X C - Updating the Firmware I could install the tftp server and could transfer a file as well. When I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bharu_sri
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrading Apache

Hi I run FEDORA CORE 4 and I have been asked to upgrade the apache to the latest version--this machine is using 2.0.54 Apache which is really OLD. The problem is that upgrading the RPM fails because of all these dependencies. Those dependencies in turn have other dependencies. I am new to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

7. AIX

Upgrading OS from 5.2 to 5.3

We currently have test and production servers running AIX 5.2, DB2 8.1(Prod), DB2 8.2(Test),Websphere 6.1 on both. We need to upgrade to DB2 to version 9, but to do that we also need to upgrade the operating system to 5.3 and go from 32 bit kernel to 64 bit kernal. Looking for information on any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Facing problem after upgrading the kernal patch level to 142900-12

I have a Solaris 10 OS having kernal patch level 138888-03 on several servers but recenlty I upgraded it into 142900-12 on some T-Series servers & v890 server after install them my syslog is increasing at a rate of 1GB on average on all servers . I believe its a bug, can somebody help me in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb200
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Encountering problem on upgrading the packages

Hi folks, Ubuntu 9.04 I have an old box not running for years. I just dig it out from the store room. On running; $ sudo aptitude update ...... ...... Err http://hk.archive.ubuntu.com jaunty/main Packages 404 Not Found Err http://hk.archive.ubuntu.com jaunty/restricted Packages ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satimis
1 Replies
showfsets(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      showfsets(8)

NAME
showfsets - Display information about filesets in an AdvFS file domain SYNOPSIS
/sbin/showfsets [-b | -q] [-k] domain [fileset...] OPTIONS
Lists the names of the filesets in a file domain, without additional detail. Displays the total number of blocks and the number of free 1K blocks. Displays the quota limits for filesets in a domain. OPERANDS
Specifies the full path name of the AdvFS file domain. Specifies the name of one or more filesets in the file domain. DESCRIPTION
The showfsets command displays the filesets (or clone filesets) and their characteristics in a specified domain. The characteristics of a fileset are: Fileset Identifier A fileset identifier is a combination of the file-domain identifier and an additional set of numbers that identify the fileset within the file domain. For example, the fileset identifier 2be95ef4.000a129.1.8001 consists of the following: 2be95ef4.000a129 1.8001 Clone status The status items of a clone fileset vary, depending on the fileset. Status items can include: Clone is Specifies the name of a clone fileset, if one exists for the parent fileset. Clone of Specifies the name of the parent fileset, if the displayed fileset is a clone fileset. Revision Specifies the number of times you revised a clone fileset. For example, if you recreate a clone fileset of the same parent fileset three times, the revision value is 3. Files Specifies the number of files in the fileset and the current file usage limits (quotas). SLim, the soft limit, is a quota that can be exceeded for a fixed period of time and HLim, the hard limit, is a quota that cannot be exceeded. Blocks Specifies the number of blocks that are in use by a mounted fileset and the current block soft and hard usage limits (quotas). For filesets that are not mounted, zero blocks will display. For an accurate display, the fileset must be mounted. Quota Status Specifies which quota types are enabled (enforced). The showfsets command with the -q option set displays block and file information for a specified domain or for one or more named filesets in the domain. The characteristics of a named fileset are: BF (block flag) Specifies block (B) and file (F) usage limits. A + in this field means that the soft limit is exceeded; a * means that the hard limit is reached. Block (512) Limits Specifies the number of blocks used, the soft limit (the number of blocks that can be exceeded for a period of time), the hard limit (the number of blocks that cannot be exceeded), and the grace period (the remaining time for which the soft limit may be exceeded). File Limits Specifies the number of files used, the soft and hard file limits for the fileset, and the grace period remaining. Note On a TruCluster Server, showfsets can sometimes report incorrect disk usage. Data in CFS client caches is synchronized to the server at least every 30 seconds. The disk usage reported does not account for dirty data in client caches that has not yet been synchro- nized to the server. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the command line and resulting display for the showfsets command: # showfsets usr_domain usr Id : 2f1dabd6.00059d50.1.8001 Clone is : usr_clone Files : 17644, SLim= 0, HLim= 0 Blocks (512) : 90582, SLim= 212000, HLim= 256000 Quota Status : user=on group=on usr_clone Id : 2f1dabd6.00059d50.3.8052 Clone of : usr Revision : 82 The following example shows the command line and resulting display when the fileset quota option is set: # showfsets -q test_domain Block (512) Limits File Limits Fileset BF used soft hard grace used soft hard grace fileset1 +- 1750 1500 2000 11:32 35 300 400 SEE ALSO
Commands: chfsets(8), mkfset(8), rmfset(8) File Formats: advfs(4) showfsets(8)