Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Building hierarchy with the list Post 303004613 by RudiC on Thursday 5th of October 2017 08:07:54 AM
Old 10-05-2017
"the last record" - even if I translate "record" to "field", "MANUAL" would NOT be the last.

"group record based on the entire row" - what does this mean? Is that bespoke subfield the key, or the entire row?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to archive certain folders in a hierarchy

I'm new to shell scripting and I'm having a tough time figuring out how to script something. Can anyone help? Here is my setup and what I want to do: A directory contains a list of projects by year (2000, 2001, etc) and customers (01-001) all of which have the same internal directory setup... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: medazinol
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp without maintaining the soucre directory tree hierarchy

Hi guys. I'm willing to copy a specific file system hierarchy, but I would not like to maintain the directory tree organization. For example: Let's say /a/b/c is the fs I'm wanting to copy to my destination, and that c is a directory with 30 files, 10 on /a/b/c , 10 on a/b/c/c1 and 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 435 Gavea
2 Replies

3. Tips and Tutorials

Linux Filesystem Hierarchy

Hi, Please have a look this: http://tldp.org/LDP/Linux-Filesystem-Hierarchy/Linux-Filesystem-Hierarchy.pdf I think this can be very useful for a beginner/intermediate level user to understand the filesystem hierarchy and as well as it can be used as a reference to various linux commands and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Why are so many dirs used in solaris hierarchy?

Hi all, I would like to know the difference between the different dir structures present in solaris!!! Meaning what does /usr contain, /etc ,/opt/ ,so on... I know what /usr and /etc are used for. But why are /opt /bin /sbin /var and many more that i have missed I would appreciate if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script calling hierarchy

If a.sh calls b.sh, how can we know inside b.sh that it was called by a.sh? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitu_inmage
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

building table from list

Hi, I have a file with the following structure M17XX-050-01-001 1100000000 A16 1.341E+05 ... B18 3.084E+02 total 1.344E+05 XY35 5.694E+03 ... XY241 6.725E+02 total 9.897E+05 Wr81Z 5.195E+00 ... Wr91Z 1.029E+02 Wr92Z 1.285E+02 total 9.897E+05 M17XX-050-01-001 1010000000... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync building file list/catalog path/location

Where is the file list created by rsync when it says building file list ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

8. Programming

DB2 Query to pick hierarchy values

Dear Team I am using DB2 v9 . I have a condition to check roles based on hierarchies like below example. 1.Ramesh has Roles as "Manager" and "Interviewer" 2.KITS has Roles as "Interviewer" 3.ANAND has Roles as "Manager" and "Interviewer" select * FROM TESTING NAME ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
6 Replies
CAP_MKDB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       CAP_MKDB(1)

NAME
cap_mkdb -- create capability database SYNOPSIS
cap_mkdb [-b | -l] [-v] [-f outfile] file1 [file2 ...] DESCRIPTION
cap_mkdb builds a hashed database out of the getcap(3) logical database constructed by the concatenation of the specified files. The database is named by the basename of the first file argument and the string ``.db''. The getcap(3) routines can access the database in this form much more quickly than they can the original text file(s). The ``tc'' capabilities of the records are expanded before the record is stored into the database. The options are as follows: -b Use big-endian byte order for database metadata. -f outfile Specify a different database basename. -l Use little-endian byte order for database metadata. -v Print out the number of capability records in the database. The -b and the -l flags are mutually exclusive. The default byte ordering is the current host order. FORMAT
The following is a description of the hashed database created by cap_mkdb. For a description of the format of the input files see termcap(5). Each record is stored in the database using two different types of keys. The first type is a key which consists of the first capability of the record (not including the trailing colon (``:'')) with a data field consisting of a special byte followed by the rest of the record. The special byte is either a 0 or 1, where a 0 means that the record is okay, and a 1 means that there was a ``tc'' capability in the record that couldn't be expanded. The second type is a key which consists of one of the names from the first capability of the record with a data field consisting a special byte followed by the first capability of the record. The special byte is a 2. In normal operation names are looked up in the database, resulting in a key/data pair of the second type. The data field of this key/data pair is used to look up a key/data pair of the first type which has the real data associated with the name. EXIT STATUS
The cap_mkdb utility exits 0 on success and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
dbopen(3), getcap(3), termcap(5) BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD