Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Esc-k and command history
Operating Systems Solaris Esc-k and command history Post 303004565 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 4th of October 2017 12:38:46 PM
Old 10-04-2017
Is this a mis-type? For me, sudo -u oracle would try to run the trailing command as user oracle, but you seem to not have one.

Do you actually sudo -u oracle bash or something else? If you become the user oracle then you will share the command history unless there is something in a profile that changes the history file pointer to be based on the real user on the Solaris 10 server.

On the old server, what exactly do you do?

What is the value of $HISTFILE on the old & new servers when you are being oracle?

I hope that this helps,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History Command

Hi I am using ksh shell, and I am unable to use the command !n (where n is the number in the history list). Please help me... :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the Esc key to complete command line typing

Dear Techs, In the past on a different box (HP) I use to be able to complete something I was typing by entering a portion of the filename in the pwd and I would hit the Esc key and it would match the rest of the filename. I did this without understanding how it was setup. Now I am on a new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jxh461
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with the History command

How do I make the history command, in addition to the past commands, display the hard path to the place where i modified or did my past action? thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

History command

I am working on solaris and audit is not configured on server. I get last commands used on server by HISTORY command, but I want some extra information like by which user command fired & by which host id Because same time we have many people use one login & fire commands & want History command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash_wagh
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

history command

hi, i had to submit a project into a directory. i copied it from my location to the specified folder, no problemo. just one thing though. after i copied and searched for the time i copied using the history command, the system would not show. even using the up arrow key would not display my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iluvsushi
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using command history

Hi All. Suppose I am in a "verylongpath" directory and I type "gedit thisfile". At a later stage, the command is accessible from the hystory, but it is useless if I have moved to another directory. The same applies to "cd myfolder", etc. Is there a way to instruct shell history to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruno69
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command history

Hi all, How can i view command history of a day. when i used history command in my AIX server, it shows only last 16 commands. Is there a location where all the history is stored ? Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The history command: See other users command history

Can anyone tell this: If two users are logged into the same server from different locations. Is there a way to see the history command of the other user? I tried the history command, but it is showing me only the commands I used. Thanks in advance for your help. Iamnew2solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

9. AIX

History command

How to get the other user history file. I would like to check the commands issues from my teammate. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mariappan.m
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

History command

Hi, I would like to know commands which i have executed on terminal should not be present in the history.How can i approch please help me. Regards, Mastan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies
CHING(6)							 BSD Games Manual							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching -- the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
ching [hexagram] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (e.g., ``It furthers one to have somewhere to go.'') while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life (``Thus the superior man makes himself strong and untiring.'') When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes significant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff(1) for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD