Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Reading file and matching it from set of file Post 303004508 by arunkumar_mca on Tuesday 3rd of October 2017 12:54:33 PM
Old 10-03-2017
Thanks that worked. Thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file names from a file and executing the relative file from shell script

Hi How can i dynamically read files names from a list file and execute them from a single shell script. Please help its urgent Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reading a file and writing the file name to a param file.

Hi All, Not sure if this would be in a dummies sectiin or advanced. I'm looking for a script if someone has doen something like this. I have list of files - adc_earnedpoints.20070630.txt adc_earnedpoints.20070707.txt adc_earnedpoints.20070714.txt adc_earnedpoints.20070721.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thebeginer
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading lines in a file matching a pattern

Hi, I need to redirect the lines in a file to a different file if the character starting from 2 to 6 in the line are numerical . Please let me know if anyone have any script to do this. Thanks, Ranjit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: torenji
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for Log / Bad file and Reading and writing to a flat file

Need to develop a unix shell script for the below requirement and I need your assistance: 1) search for file.log and file.bad file in a directory and read them 2) pull out "Load_Start_Time", "Data_File_Name", "Error_Type" from log file 4) concatinate each row from bad file as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - writing matching pattern to a new file and deleting it from the current file

Hello , I have comma delimited file with over 20 fileds that i need to do some validations on. I have to check if certain fields are null and then write the line containing the null field into a new file and then delete the line from the current file. Can someone tell me how i could go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading Xml file and print the values into the text file in columnwise?

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to filter records in a zip file that contains matching columns from another file

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question. I have two files. file1.zip, file2 Input: file1.zip col1, col2 , col3 a , b , 0:0:0:0:0:c436:9346:d40b x, y, 0:0:0:0:0:880:39f9:c9a7 m, n , 0:0:0:0:0:80c7:9161:fe00 file2.txt col1 c4:36:93:46:d4:0b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil.v
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matching file in bash with variable file names but consisent prefixs

As part of a bash the below line strips off a numerical prefix from directory 1 to search for in directory 2. for file in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/missing/*.txt do file1=${file##*/} # Strip off directory getprefix=${file1%%_*.txt} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Script, Reading A File, Grepping A File Contents In Another File

So I'm stumped. First... APOLOGIES... my work is offline in an office that has zero internet connectivity, as required by our client. If need be, I could print out my script attempts and retype them here. But on the off chance... here goes. I have a text file (file_source) of terms, each line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brusimm
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to update file with partial matching line in another file and append text

In the awk below I am trying to cp and paste each matching line in f2 to $3 in f1 if $2 of f1 is in the line in f2 somewhere. There will always be a match (usually more then 1) and my actual data is much larger (several hundreds of lines) in both f1 and f2. When the line in f2 is pasted to $3 in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(3Dwt)											     DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(3Dwt)

Name
       DwtScrollWindowSetAreas - Sets up or adds the window region, and the horizontal or vertical scroll bar widgets to the scroll window widget.

Syntax
       void DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(widget, horizontal_scroll_bar,				vertical_scroll_bar, work_region)
	    Widget widget;
	    Widget horizontal_scroll_bar;
	    Widget vertical_scroll_bar;
	    Widget work_region;

Arguments
       widget	 Specifies the scroll window widget ID.

horizontal_scroll_bar
		 Specifies  the scroll bar widget ID for the horizontal scroll bar to be associated with the scroll window widget.  You can set or
		 specify this ID only after creating an instance of the main window widget.  The attribute name associated with this  argument	is
		 DwtNhorizontalScrollBar.

vertical_scroll_bar
		 Specifies  the  scroll  bar widget ID for the vertical scroll bar to be associated with the scroll window widget.  You can set or
		 specify this ID only after creating an instance of the main window widget.  The attribute name associated with this  argument	is
		 DwtNverticalScrollBar.

work_region
		 Specifies  the  widget  ID for the window to be associated with the scroll window work area.  You can set or specify this ID only
		 after you create an instance of the main window widget.

Description
       The DwtScrollWindowSetAreas function adds or changes a window work region and a horizontal or vertical scroll bar widget to the scroll win-
       dow  widget  for  the  application.  You must call this function before the scroll window widget is realized, that is, before calling the X
       intrinsics function XtRealizeWidget.  Each widget is optional and may be passed as NULL.

See Also
       DwtScrollWindow(3Dwt), DwtWindow(3Dwt),
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit: C Language Binding
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit Intrinsics: C Language Binding

DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(3Dwt)