Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Upgraded BIOS - cannot see Solaris partition?? Post 303004486 by achenle on Tuesday 3rd of October 2017 08:50:10 AM
Old 10-03-2017
Run the bootadm process under truss:

Code:
truss -f -a -vall -w2 -d -o /path/to/your/output/file bootadm install-bootloader -P rpool

Then, in the output file, look for where it writes the error message to stderr (file descriptor 2 - the "-w2" option to truss). Look for something like "G R U B 2 i n s t..." - the error message with an extra space inserted between each character.

The failure was likely right before that message was output, and should be in the truss output right above where the error message is.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

re-partition disks on solaris

hi all, i was wondering if i have some volume manager and i want to format all partitions/disks and re-create new slices can i use regular format command or what? i think veritas volume manager is already installed. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 8 partition - compression

Hi, Anyone know if I have a mount point /data , can it turn on compression like what the MS Windows does ???? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to access a solaris partition

Hi, I have the present scenario on a x86 machine. fdisk c0d0p0 Cylinders Partition Status Type Start End Length % 1 Active Solaris2 1 2500 2500 61 2 ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to merge solaris partition

I m using solaris 8. I have some free space on my hard disk. I want to merge that space into /export/home. Please tell me complete procedure for doing it. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem with Solaris Partition, I cant see it

Hi All, First post, I work as database developer (Oracle) My task is to setup a solaris system on a VMware installation which sits on a x86 server. I have installed the Os, applied patches (I think) and on VMWARE I added new hardware (Disk) which is where my database will be. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: platforminc
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Disabling Solaris 10 active partition

I have a dual boot system with windows xp and solaris 10 running. Solaris 10 is currently in the primary active partision. If it's possible, how do I make the windows partision the primary active one rather than solaris 10? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shakarho
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem - rename the partition

Hi all i got this filesystem Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t600A0B80001F350A000033404A5D29D9d0s2 492G 64M 487G 1% /u10 How do i change the name for /dev/dsk/c0t600A0B80001F350A000033404A5D29D9d0s2 to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Dual Booting - Solaris image CD doesn't read in BIOS

I am trying to install solaris 10-x86 as second OS on top of Windows XP. I have downloaded iso image from Oracle website and burned into bootable cd. when I loaded into CD-drive and made changes in BIOS to boot from CD. Its not reading from CD drive. After restarting the system with CD(solaris... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunSolars_admin
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Partition overlaps another partition while creating new parition in solaris

hi all while formatting hard disk i am getting following error. Partition 1 ends at 266338338 It must be between 34 and 143374704. label error: EFI Labels do not support overlapping partitions Partition 8 overlaps partition 1. Warning: error writing EFI. Label failed. I have formatted the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
2 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Tapatalk Upgraded

Hello, FYI, I upgraded our Tapatalk Version to version 4.8.1 today (from version 4.3.2). All seem to be OK but we never know! Please post in this thread if you see any problems after the upgrade. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
REPARTITION(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    REPARTITION(8)

NAME
repartition - load a partition table SYNOPSIS
repartition device [partition-file] DESCRIPTION
Repartition uploads a new partition table for the partitions of device. The table is obtained from the first sector of partition-file if given, device otherwise. Device may refer to the whole drive or a primary partition, depending on whether you want to upload a partition or a subpartition table. The partitions will be truncated to fit within the enclosing device like the disk driver does, unless the numbers are coming from partition-file. EXAMPLES
repartition /dev/hd0 repartition /dev/hd4 /etc/hd4.table Reload the partition table of drive 0 setting /dev/hd[1-4], and the subpartition table of /dev/hd4 setting /dev/hd4[a-d] using a file. The latter may be useful if you need more than the 4 subpartitions a single Minix partition gives you. DIAGNOSTICS
The new table is printed on standard output. FILES
/dev/hd[0-9] SEE ALSO
hd(4), part(8). BUGS
The disk must be in use for the changes to stick. The partition table of an idle disk will be reloaded on the first open. AUTHOR
Kees J. Bot (kjb@cs.vu.nl) REPARTITION(8)