Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Are certifications worth it?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Are certifications worth it? Post 303004316 by vbe on Friday 29th of September 2017 10:39:58 AM
Old 09-29-2017
Hi Robin,
I never had the chance to take an exam as if I were it would be on my spare time and money ( I dont have as kids cost a lot our days...) The only exams I passed were for my diploma and then I was student without a Job ( but hoping with a Federal IT diploma I would then find easily...)
IMHO certification is a must for someone beginning in IT or for a junior wishing to escape his present situation for better, but for someone that is not in services ( lients want to see you have the latest...) you know like me the content reflect only partially the real IT world.. and so we have knowledge that cant be learned and a lot of what you learn there is of no use for our Dept...
So I can only agree with you...

Best regards
Vic

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX certifications

Are there any nationally recognized UNIX certifications, similar to A+., for basic unix and system admin skills? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pacsman
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Unix certifications

Hi all, I'm new to this forum also to unix, but eager to learn unix. Can any one gimme the certifications/exams available to validate our unix strengths. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarang
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What Certifications to be done in UNIX

Hello I am a newbie i learnt Shell programming and Unix Internals.Well plz advice me what certifications i shud do as i have free time and want to utilize my time :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strawberry
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Certifications in Unix?

Guys, I just want information abt certifications available for unix. If they exist can anyone give some info them. Making clear I am pointing to developer level exams, not admin side. Thanks, Sharif.S (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharifhere
0 Replies

5. AIX

Aix Certifications

Hi , I want to know aix certifications,How to perepare for that ?How many number of papers are there? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Certifications

Hi All, Can anybody let me know if there is any Unix certification course which will provide basically programming in Unix. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
4 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Certifications on Unix and Linux

hi there :) I will study the Linux LPI certification in a few months What do u think about it? Is this certification good enough to work with solaris too actually? I´m not sure because i think is more oriented to linux, and solaris as far as i know, is based on UNix. What else can i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andriusman
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP-UX Certifications

Hi, I am planning to get certified on HP-UX. I googled about HPUX Certifications. I understand that I need to pass on exam HP0-A01 but I find many references to HP0-095. I bought this book: HP-UX: HP Certification Systems Administrator, Exam HP0-A01 - Training Guide and Administrator's... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: psicopunk
16 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Certifications in Linux

Hi , I am working in Perl/Shell Script for past 3 years.I am planning to learn and switch my Career as Linux Admin.So Please suggest some certifications to learn about it.Do we have separate sub categories/area of specifications in Linux Admin ? Like Virtualization ,Vmware,storage. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajaytts123
0 Replies
AMC-EXPORT(1)						       Auto Multiple Choice						     AMC-EXPORT(1)

NAME
AMC-export - exports marks for AMC multiple choice exams. SYNOPSIS
auto-multiple-choice export --data project-data-dir --module module --fich-noms students-list.csv [--noms-encodage list-encoding] --o output-file DESCRIPTION
The AMC-export.pl command exports marks from an Auto Multiple Choice exam. --data project-data-dir gives the directory where data files are (see for example AMC-prepare(1)). --module module selects a module for export. See below for the modules included in the AMC standard distribution. --fich-noms students-list.csv sets the students list file. --noms-encodage list-encoding selects an encoding for file students-list.csv (default is utf-8). --o output-file gives the output file name. --option-out options gives an option for selected module, in the form key=value (see below for possible options for each module). To specify multiple options, use --option several times. --sort sort-type sort the students names, depending on sort-type. If sort-type is l, use line number from students list file to sort. If sort-type is m, use mark (and name if marks are equal) to sort. If sort-type is i, use student number to sort. If sort-type is n, use name to sort (or line from students list if equal). --useall all if all is 0 or empty, only students with a scaned answer sheet appears in the output. If all is 1, all students in the students list appears in the output. MODULES
OpenDocument With "--module ods", an OpenDocument (for use by OpenOffice or LibreOffice for example) is produced. The following options are recognized: nom gives a name for the exam, to be written on the beginning of the sheet. code gives an short name for the exam, to be used as a tab name. columns sets the list of columns that are to be added to each student. Default value is student.key,student.name. stats with a true value, a table will be added with statistics for all questions. statsindic with a true value, a table will be added with statistics for all indicative questions. CSV With "--module CSV", a CSV file is produced. The following options are recognized: columns sets the list of columns that are to be added to each student. Default value is student.copy,student.key,student.name. decimal sets the decimal point (default is a dot). encodage sets the encoding to use for output (default is utf-8). separateur sets the character used between colums (default is a comma). entoure sets the character used to enclose strings (default is a double quote). ticked if not empty, additional columns (with "CHECKED:" prefix) are included to give all the checked boxes on all the sheets. This can be used by an external program to retrieve all the checked boxes when marks are not sufficient. Use value 01 to get 0;0;1;1;0 if boxes 3 and 4 are checked, and value AB to get CD if boxes 3 and 4 are checked. List With "--module List", a PDF file is produced with a list of marks for all students. The following options are recognized: pagesize The page size. Default value is a4. nom gives the name of the exam, to be printed at the top of the page. ncols The number of columns. Default value is 2. decimal sets the decimal point (default is a dot). AUTHORS
Alexis Bienvenue <paamc@passoire.fr> Main author Jean Berard Translation from French Georges Khaznadar Translation from French COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2012 Alexis Bienvenue This document can be used according to the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Auto Multiple Choice 1.1.1 06/19/2012 AMC-EXPORT(1)