Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Contents deleted from /var/sadm Post 303004268 by drysdalk on Thursday 28th of September 2017 04:33:23 PM
Old 09-28-2017
Hi,

That's good, that you at least have something that can take over while you do a re-build. In terms of repairing this - I'm not myself aware of a way of doing that, sadly. The problem is that the information about installed packages and patches only lives in /var/sadm, and if it's gone, it's gone. With all the files actually being totally gone rather than corrupt or otherwise experiencing a problem, I'm not aware of any way to re-build /var/sadm, since it is itself the database that keeps note of what's happened to the system. Since there is no other record, there's nothing to re-build from, if you follow.
This User Gave Thanks to drysdalk For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/var/sadm/install

Hi, can I delete the file install in /var/sadm directory because I do not need. Regard TDS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tinfoul
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleted /var/adm/sw/patch

I am on a HP-UX 11.0 machine and I deleted '/var/adm/sw/patch'. I realize now what a mistake this was. Since doing this I can no longer export display to remotely view netscape. At this point, what are my options for recovering the 'patch' directory? I don't have a backup. Any help would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucesean
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

accidentally remove the contents of /var/sadm/pkg

Hi all, I carelessly remove the contents of /var/sadm/pkg. I do not have any backup of the folder. What can I do ? Thanks a lot. :eek: (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: stancwong
11 Replies

4. Solaris

Directory should not be deleted, But the contents can be

Hi Guys, I have an user's home directory set to /home/A And A contains the following directories B & C Is there some way in solaris by which i can prevent the directories B and C from getting deleted by the user but the contents of the directories B & C can be deleted ? Also i have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: localhost
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Resolving Var to its contents

Hello everyone.... I am trying to dinamically create variable names and do resolution of this vars contents. After that is done I want to use (via a function call) the var and its contents by referring to it via the variable name. I am having a hard time achieving this .... can you help ? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Content of /var/sadm/pkc/<pkg>/save directory

Hi, What are the contents of /var/sadm/pkg/<pkg>/save directory. - It contains various patches with their id's. What does the "pspool" directory inside it contain? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Lost /var/sadm/install/contents file and /var/sadm/pkg

Hello, I recently found that my /var/sadm/install/contents, ~/admin/default, /var/spool/patch and /var/spool/pkg files were empty. This broke the pkginfo, pkgchk and other package related tools. The pkgmap no longer points to where the applications have been installed. I have replaced the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronin42
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Cleaning out /var/sadm/patch after Live Upgrade

I recently upgraded my OS to Solaris 10 10/09 from Solaris 10 06/06 using Live Upgrade. I wanted to clean up space in /var/sadm/patch. I'm assuming the server is now clean with a fresh version of Solaris 10 10/09. Can I safely remove everything in /var/sadm/patch? Thanks, jeremy (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: griff11
0 Replies

9. Solaris

/var/adm & /var/sadm

what is the difference between tha /var/adm and /var/sadm files in solaris 10 Os please can any one respond quickly thanking you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wkbn86
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accidently deleted /usr contents.

Hi I have the following code which was supposed to clean up a directory when the number of files in that directory exeeded 2.The code is given below. #!/usr/bin/ksh dir_num=`/usr/bin/find /var/.audit -type d | /usr/bin/wc -l` if then oldest_file=`/usr/bin/ls -1t | /usr/bin/tail... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacko193
19 Replies
dpkg-checkbuilddeps(1)						    dpkg suite						    dpkg-checkbuilddeps(1)

NAME
dpkg-checkbuilddeps - check build dependencies and conflicts SYNOPSIS
dpkg-checkbuilddeps [option...] [control-file] DESCRIPTION
This program checks the installed packages in the system against the build dependencies and build conflicts listed in the control file. If any are not met, it displays them and exits with a nonzero return code. By default, debian/control is read, but an alternate control filename may be specified on the command line. OPTIONS
--admindir=dir Change the location of the dpkg database (since dpkg 1.14.0). The default location is /var/lib/dpkg. -A Ignore Build-Depends-Arch and Build-Conflicts-Arch lines (since dpkg 1.16.4). Use when only arch-indep packages will be built, or combine with -B when only a source package is to be built. -B Ignore Build-Depends-Indep and Build-Conflicts-Indep lines. Use when only arch-dep packages will be built, or combine with -A when only a source package is to be built. -I Ignore built-in build depends and conflicts (since dpkg 1.18.2). These are implicit dependencies that are usually required on a specific distribution, the so called Build-Essential package set. -d build-depends-string -c build-conflicts-string Use the given build dependencies/conflicts instead of those contained in the debian/control file (since dpkg 1.14.17). -a arch Check build dependencies/conflicts assuming that the package described in the control file is to be built for the given host architecture instead of the architecture of the current system (since dpkg 1.16.2). -P profile[,...] Check build dependencies/conflicts assuming that the package described in the control file is to be built for the given build profile(s) (since dpkg 1.17.2). The argument is a comma-separated list of profile names. -?, --help Show the usage message and exit. --version Show the version and exit. ENVIRONMENT
DEB_BUILD_PROFILES If set, it will be used as the active build profile(s) for the package being built. It is a space separated list of profile names. Overridden by the -P option. 1.19.0.5 2018-04-16 dpkg-checkbuilddeps(1)