Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Find highest value of a particular property in multiple files Post 303004242 by RavinderSingh13 on Thursday 28th of September 2017 11:14:53 AM
Old 09-28-2017
Hello Agoyals1986,

Could you please try following and let me know if this helps you.
Code:
 awk -v RS=':|,' '/endTime/{getline;val=val>$0?val:$0} END{print val}'  Input_file

On a Solaris/SunOS system, change awk to /usr/xpg4/bin/awk , /usr/xpg6/bin/awk , or nawk.

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the highest number in the file

Hi, I have a file a.txt and it has values in it Eg :- I need to read through the file and find the number that is the greatest in them all. Can any one assit me on this. Thanks (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemali
30 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Design Options for Property Files

Dear all, Hello and Good Morning. I have a properties file in a specific directory in UNIX that can be accessed by certain users. This properties file is being used by a number of backend programs. The properties file contain the username and the password of the database as well. How do I design... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jackal28
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl ? - How to find and print the lowest and highest numbers punched in by the user?

. . . . . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: some124one
3 Replies

4. Programming

Help with find highest and smallest number in a file with c

Input file: #data_1 AGDG #data_2 ADG #data_3 ASDDG DG #data_4 A Desired result: Highest 7 Slowest 1 code that I try but failed to archive my goal :( #include <stdio.h> (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report a missing property and property value mis match script.

Hi All, I have 2 properties files - one is a master templete and other one is a node specific properties file, I need to comapre these 2 properties files and make sure the node Specific properties file contains all the properties in the master temple properties file else report the missing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayka
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find highest number - working but need help!

Hello all, I am new to this and need some help or maybe steer me to the right direction! I wrote a script to get the highest number and prints it on the screen, the script basically asks the user to input numbers, and then prints the highest number! very simple it works like this $sh max.sh... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknownsolo
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find & replace a multiple lines string across multiple php files and subdirectories

Hey guys. I know pratically 0 about Linux, so could anyone please give me instructions on how to accomplish this ? The distro is RedHat 4.1.2 and i need to find and replace a multiple lines string in several php files across subdirectories. So lets say im at root/dir1/dir2/ , when i execute... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: spfc_dmt
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find highest records in table

Dear All, I have table files with different measurements for the same sensors. The first column indicate the sensor (7 different sensors and 16 measurements in the example below). I would like to find the best measurement for each sensor. The best measurement is determined by the higher value of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: GDC
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not to remove Files based on property value

Hi All, Need your help to fix one script. Main agenda is: 1. Read a property file. 2. Delete all files in directory except the name from Property file. I am trying to read property file for value then deleting all files from directory except THAT value/name. I have tried so far as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace in multiple files

Hi, I have php files in main dir and sub dir's as well. I need to find "new mysqli('localhost', 'System', 'xxxxxx', 'System', '3306');" and replace as "new mysqli('localhost', 'unx_sys', 'yyyy', 'unx_sys', '3306');" I tried like: sed 's/new mysqli\(*\)\;$/new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
1 Replies
gdaltransform(1)					      General Commands Manual						  gdaltransform(1)

NAME
gdaltransform - gdaltransform transforms coordinates SYNOPSIS
gdaltransform [--help-general] [-i] [-s_srs srs_def] [-t_srs srs_def] [-to "NAME=VALUE"] [-order n] [-tps] [-rpc] [-geoloc] [-gcp pixel line easting northing [elevation]]* [srcfile [dstfile]] DESCRIPTION
The gdaltransform utility reprojects a list of coordinates into any supported projection,including GCP-based transformations. -s_srs srs def: source spatial reference set. The coordinate systems that can be passed are anything supported by the OGRSpatialReference.SetFromUserInput() call, which includes EPSG PCS and GCSes (ie. EPSG:4296), PROJ.4 declarations (as above), or the name of a .prf file containing well known text. -t_srs srs_def: target spatial reference set. The coordinate systems that can be passed are anything supported by the OGRSpatialReference.SetFromUserInput() call, which includes EPSG PCS and GCSes (ie. EPSG:4296), PROJ.4 declarations (as above), or the name of a .prf file containing well known text. -to NAME=VALUE: set a transformer option suitable to pass to GDALCreateGenImgProjTransformer2(). -order n: order of polynomial used for warping (1 to 3). The default is to select a polynomial order based on the number of GCPs. -tps: Force use of thin plate spline transformer based on available GCPs. -rpc: Force use of RPCs. -geoloc: Force use of Geolocation Arrays. -i Inverse transformation: from destination to source. -gcppixel line easting northing [elevation]: Provide a GCP to be used for transformation (generally three or more are required) srcfile: File with source projection definition or GCP's. If not given, source projection is read from the command-line -s_srs or -gcp parameters dstfile: File with destination projection definition. Coordinates are read as pairs (or triples) of numbers per line from standard input, transformed, and written out to standard output in the same way. All transformations offered by gdalwarp are handled, including gcp-based ones. Note that input and output must always be in decimal form. There is currently no support for DMS input or output. If an input image file is provided, input is in pixel/line coordinates on that image. If an output file is provided, output is in pixel/line coordinates on that image. Image RPC Example Simple reprojection from one projected coordinate system to another: gdaltransform -s_srs EPSG:28992 -t_srs EPSG:31370 177502 311865 Produces the following output in meters in the 'Belge 1972 / Belgian Lambert 72' projection: 244510.77404604 166154.532871342 -1046.79270555763 Image RPC Example The following command requests an RPC based transformation using the RPC model associated with the named file. Because the -i (inverse) flag is used, the transformation is from output georeferenced (WGS84) coordinates back to image coordinates. gdaltransform -i -rpc 06OCT20025052-P2AS-005553965230_01_P001.TIF 125.67206 39.85307 50 Produces this output measured in pixels and lines on the image: 3499.49282422381 2910.83892848414 50 AUTHORS
Frank Warmerdam warmerdam@pobox.com, Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann@uva.nl GDAL
Tue Sep 18 2012 gdaltransform(1)