Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to assign points to variables based on conditions and update specific field Post 303003914 by cmccabe on Friday 22nd of September 2017 01:20:28 PM
Old 09-22-2017
Sorry, that's a typo in 2c, should be an assignation... I will cleanup the code. Thank you Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract file records based on some field conditions

Hello Friends, I have a file(InputFile.csv) with the following columns(the columns are pipe-delimited): ColA|ColB|ColC|ColD|ColE|ColF Now for this file, I have to get those records which fulfil the following condition: If "ColB" is NOT NULL and "ColD" has values one of the following... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehimadri
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk assign output of array to specific field-number

With this script i want to print the output to a specific field-number . Can anybody help? awk 'NR=FNR{split(FILENAME,fn,"_");nr=$2;f = $1} END{for (i=1;i<=f;i++) print i,$fn=nr}' input_5.csv input_6.csvinput_5.csv 4 135 5 185 6 85 11 30input_6.csv 1 90 3 58 4 135 7 60 8 55 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdf
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search/replace specific field, using variables for regexp & subsitution then overwrite file

Hello, I'm trying the solve the following problem. I have a file which I intend to use as a csv called master.csv The columns are separated by commas. I want to change the text on a specific row in either column 3,4,5 or 6 from xxx to yyy depending upon if column 1 matches a specified pattern.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyphex
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate the total 4 field based on the conditions

Please help me to write a script Match with ACNO & NAME if it matched calculate the total val1 val2 val3 and val4 and GT is total of ACNO wise.please check the output Table ----------------- 1005|ANDP|ACN|20|50|10|30 1005|ANDP|ACN|20|10|30|40 1001|AND|NAC|40|50|40|50... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalia4u
22 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update field file based on match

If $1 in file1 matches $2 in file2. Then the value in $2 of file2 is updated to $1"."$2 of file2. The awk seems to only match the two files but not update. Thank you :). awk awk 'NR==FNR{A ; next} $1 in A { $2 = a }1' file1 file2 file1 name version NM_000593 5 NM_001257406... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update field in file based of match in another

I am trying to use awk to match two files that are tab-delimited. When a match is found between file1 $1 and file2 $4, $4 in file2 is updated using the $2 value in file1. If no match is found then the next line is processed. Thank you :). file1 uc001bwr.3 ADC uc001bws.3 ADC... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update value in field based on another field

In the tab-delimeted input file below I am trying to use awk to update the value in $2 if TYPE=ins in bold, by adding the value of HRUN= in italics. In the below since in line 1 TYPE=ins the 117282541 value in $2 has 6 added because that is the value of HRUN=. Hopefully the awk is a start but I... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file based on 5 conditions

I am trying to use awk to update the below tab-delimited file based on 5 different rules/conditions. The final output is also tab-delimited and each line in the file will meet one of the conditions. My attemp is below as well though I am not very confident in it. Thank you :). Condition 1: The... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to update field based on a specific set of rules

In the perl below, which does execute, I am having trouble with the else in Rule 3. The digit in f{8} is extracted and used to update f accordinly along with the value in f. There can be either - * or + before the number that is extracted but the same logic applies, that is if the value is greater... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a specific field in file with Variable value based on other Key Word

I have an input file with A=xyz B=pqr I would want the value in Second Field (xyz or pqr) updated with a value present in Shell Variable based on the value passed in the first field. (A or B ) while read line do NEW_VALUE = `some functionality done on $line` If $line=First Field-... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
1 Replies
JOIN(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   JOIN(1)

NAME
join - relational database operator SYNOPSIS
join [ options ] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
Join forms, on the standard output, a join of the two relations specified by the lines of file1 and file2. If file1 is `-', the standard input is used. File1 and file2 must be sorted in increasing ASCII collating sequence on the fields on which they are to be joined, normally the first in each line. There is one line in the output for each pair of lines in file1 and file2 that have identical join fields. The output line normally con- sists of the common field, then the rest of the line from file1, then the rest of the line from file2. Fields are normally separated by blank, tab or newline. In this case, multiple separators count as one, and leading separators are dis- carded. These options are recognized: -an In addition to the normal output, produce a line for each unpairable line in file n, where n is 1 or 2. -e s Replace empty output fields by string s. -jn m Join on the mth field of file n. If n is missing, use the mth field in each file. -o list Each output line comprises the fields specified in list, each element of which has the form n.m, where n is a file number and m is a field number. -tc Use character c as a separator (tab character). Every appearance of c in a line is significant. SEE ALSO
sort(1), comm(1), awk(1) BUGS
With default field separation, the collating sequence is that of sort -b; with -t, the sequence is that of a plain sort. The conventions of join, sort, comm, uniq, look and awk(1) are wildly incongruous. 7th Edition April 29, 1985 JOIN(1)