Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Need to configure TP-link TL-wn725n in Ubuntu server. Post 303003343 by Corona688 on Tuesday 12th of September 2017 06:22:31 PM
Old 09-12-2017
Could you borrow someone's laptop to bridge internet access from? Everything's a pain until you have a cable.

Ethernet adapters are much easier to configure than wireless ones. They're usually wholly built into the kernel and autodetect. Wifi drivers usually require external firmware to operate.

Last edited by Corona688; 09-12-2017 at 07:38 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I link my Ubuntu desktop to a separate partition?

I have a dual boot system on my laptop running Windows 7 professional and Ubuntu 10.10. I would like my windows 7 desktop C:\users\username\Desktop and also my Ubuntu 10.10 desktop /home/username/Desktop to both save their files to the same location somewhere...perhaps /windows (a 40 gb win32... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Configure app server to view server files

Hi, We have a OEL6.1 installed on our server. We want developers to view there application logs generated on the server, but doesn't really want to give them access to server machine. Can someone please suggest how can we configure apache/httpd to create a url which will show all files in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrshah64
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Working with configure file in ubuntu

Hi, I want to add the library in my configure file. i am doing it using autoconf in ubuntu. I am new to the autoconf. Can anyone please let me know how to add the library using configure file so that it can linked to my software which I am using? Thanks in advance!!!!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Can we configure link based IPMP in private connectivity in Oracle RAC

Hi I would like to know whether we can configure link based IPMP in private connectivity in Oracle RAC Regarsd ---------- Post updated at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:27 PM ---------- Here I am taking about in case of private connectivity through cross cable (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
6 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Install and configure ntp rpm on Ubuntu 13.10 version

Hello, I am new to ubuntu Server OS and so trying to setup and ntp service on couple of servers. I see ntp rpm is not installed. # dpkg --get-selections | grep -v deinstall | grep ntp ntpdate install # so I tried to installed ntp rpm using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
5 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Configure the AD Window server with Linux server(google Authenticator is installed)

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
2 Replies

8. Linux

How to connect Linux server (configure two way authentication) with Windows server?

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
0 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Server in VM - DHCP Server not working

Hello. Doing my first steps in Linux and while trying to configure a DHCP server in Linux i encountered some problems: TOPOLOGY: - Laptop with Windows 8.1 - VM Player 12 with Linux installed (Ubuntu Server 14.04) - ICS-DHCP-SERVER installed and running - Another LAPTOP conected to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Portuguevos
1 Replies
PBUILDER-DIST-SIMPLE(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   PBUILDER-DIST-SIMPLE(1)

NAME
pbuilder-dist-simple - simple multi-release pbuilder wrapper SYNOPSIS
pbuilder-<dist> operation [...] DESCRIPTION
pbuilder-dist-simple is a wrapper that makes it easy to use pbuilder with chroots for many different Ubuntu distributions. If you need more features than pbuilder-dist-simple provides, have a look at pbuilder-dist(1). USAGE
Create one symlink to pbuilder-dist-simple for each distribution for which you want a build environment, naming them like "pbuilder-lucid", "pbuilder-natty", etc. Replace operation with the action you want pbuilder-dist-simple to do (create, update, build, clean, login or execute). EXAMPLES
pbuilder-natty create Creates a pbuilder environment for Ubuntu Natty. pbuilder-lucid update Updates an existing Ubuntu Lucid environment. pbuilder-lucid build ./sample_1.0-0ubuntu1.dsc Builds the specified package on an already existing Ubuntu Lucid environment. FILES
By default, pbuilder-dist-simple will store all the files it generates in ~/pbuilder/. This can be changed by modifying the BASE_DIR value on the top of the script to any other directory you want. If the directory doesn't exit, it will be created at runtime. SEE ALSO
pbuilder(1), pbuilderrc(5), pbuilder-dist(1) AUTHORS
pbuilder-dist was originally written by Jamin W. Collins <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> and Jordan Mantha <mantha@ubuntu.com>, and this man- page by Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. ubuntu-dev-tools February 25, 2008 PBUILDER-DIST-SIMPLE(1)