Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Monitoring processes in parallel and process log file after process exits Post 303003341 by shunya on Tuesday 12th of September 2017 04:00:38 PM
Old 09-12-2017
That is wonderful, Corona!! It works for me. Thanks for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

killing parallel oracle process

Hi guys: I have a an oracle job which uses 10 parallel hints and would like to killit when it hangs. I want to kill all the processes that have been spawned. what I do right now is get the pid of the scheduler process which initiated theis job and the do a ps -ef| grep 'pid' and trace through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oracle8
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

split process files in parallel and rejoin

Hi I need to split a huge file into multiple smaller files using split command. After that i need to process each file in the back ground with sql loader .Sql loader is a utlity to load CSV files into oracle . Check the status of each of these sqlloaders and then after sucessfull... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

process monitoring

hi all, i would like to write the shell script to monitoring the processing, but if i passing the parameter the number of process is incorrect how to slove it? many thx got the correct number of process as following script: ===========================================================... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_wong_ch
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

How can i see if a unix Process Aplication i.e oracle is running in parallel

There is a unix process process in oracle running and i see running by typing ps -fea|grep GE_CLIENTES. The question is How can i see if this process is running in paralel. I dont know with a Unix command or specifically its a comand from Oracle. I kow a Parallel process ia a process that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate Log Monitoring Process

I am a new member of this forum and am also new to unix shell scripting. I joined the forum to seek for help to achieve my task as this forum helps people. here's what i do manually on daily basis 1)Loginto different unix box 2)Ftp the log files (morethan 50 each dir) to windows 3)use text pad... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharugan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the age of a unix process, killing old processes, killing zombie processes

I had issues with processes locking up. This script checks for processes and kills them if they are older than a certain time. Its uses some functions you'll need to define or remove, like slog() which I use for logging, and is_running() which checks if this script is already running so you can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukerman
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel process in Perl

HI All, I have scenerio where I need to call sub modules through for loop for (i=0; i<8000 ;i++) { .. BLOCKA } BLOCKA { .. .. subroutine 1; subroutine 2; } I want this to be run in parallel process1 BLOCKA { (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
6 Replies

8. Programming

Parallel process in java

Hello; Please Are both threads execute in parallel? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running parallel process

i am having 4 process,have to run parallel and not after one by one. sample1.sh sample2.sh sample3.sh sample4.sh Thanks in advance. i (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make process parallel

Hi, I have a file which has a list of 200 tables e.g: table.txt I need to do a count for each table and store it in a file. So I did something like this: for TABLE in `cat table.txt` do T_CNT=$(sqlplus -s -l / as sysdba <<EOF set echo off heading off feadback off SELECT count(*) FROM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wahi80
1 Replies
STARTPAR(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       STARTPAR(8)

NAME
startpar - start runlevel scripts in parallel SYNOPSIS
startpar [-p par] [-i iorate] [-t timeout] [-T global_timeout] [-a arg] prg1 prg2 ... startpar [-p par] [-i iorate] [-t timeout] [-T global_timeout] -M [ boot|start|stop] DESCRIPTION
startpar is used to run multiple run-level scripts in parallel. The degree of parallelism on one CPU can be set with the -p option, the default is full parallelism. An argument to all of the scripts can be provided with the -a option. Processes blocked by pending I/O will cause new process creation to be weighted by the iorate factor 800. To change this factor the option -i can be used to specify another value. The amount weight=(nblockedxiorate)/1000 will be subtracted from the total number of processes which could be started, where nblocked is the number of processes currently blocked by pending I/O. The output of each script is buffered and written when the script exits, so output lines of different scripts won't mix. You can modify this behaviour by setting a timeout. The timeout set with the -t option is used as buffer timeout. If the output buffer of a script is not empty and the last output was timeout seconds ago, startpar will flush the buffer. The -T option timeout works more globally. If no output is printed for more than global_timeout seconds, startpar will flush the buffer of the script with the oldest output. Afterwards it will only print output of this script until it is finished. The -M option switches startpar into a make(1) like behaviour. This option takes three different arguments: boot, start, and stop for reading .depend.boot or .depend.start or .depend.stop respectively in the directory /etc/init.d/. By scanning the boot and runlevel direc- tories in /etc/init.d/ it then executes the appropriate scripts in parallel. FILES
/etc/init.d/.depend.boot /etc/init.d/.depend.start /etc/init.d/.depend.stop SEE ALSO
init(8) insserv(8). COPYRIGHT
2003,2004 SuSE Linux AG, Nuernberg, Germany. 2007 SuSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany. AUTHOR
Michael Schroeder <mls@suse.de> Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> Werner Fink <werner@suse.de> Jun 2003 STARTPAR(8)