Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help required with Solaris LDoms Post 303003291 by os2mac on Monday 11th of September 2017 07:44:33 PM
Old 09-11-2017
it should be noted that the virtual disk service, virtual switch configurations and virtual console configs are in the LDM config but not part of an individual LDOM export.

you'll have to do ldm list -l >file.txt to get that.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Info required zones in solaris

Can anyone explain me what is the use of zones in solaris. Also how to find whether it is a local or global zone. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Ldoms on T5220 with existing solaris 10 OS

Hi I;ve a T5220 box running solaris 10 update 6 with 6 zones on it and zfs SAN file systems is it possible to configure Control domain on this box without removing the exisinting OS and zones ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Immediate Help Required for Patch Installation on Solaris 10

Hi All, I am new to Solaris. I have to install some latest patches on my SPARC Machine running Solaris 10. I have installed the required patches. Please guide me through the rest of the process. Please include even minute details so that I don't face any problems while doing this activity. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldeep1986
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Immediate Help Required for Patch Installation on Solaris

Hi All, I am new to Solaris. I have to install some latest patches on my SPARC Machine running Solaris 10. I have installed the required patches. Please guide me through the rest of the process. Please include even minute details so that I don't face any problems while doing this activity.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldeep1986
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Migrating Solaris 8, 9 to Guest Domains (LDOMs)

Hi Everyone, one question is it possible to migrate a physical standalone Solaris 8 or 9 OS to Guest Domain (LDOMs). If yes, can someone please provide steps to migrate these OS to LDOMs. Thanks, Kartheek. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby320
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Booting Solaris LDOMS Control Domains

We are having a discussion on what order LDOMS and control domains should be booted. I think it should be LDOMS first then Control. Can anyone tell me why I am wrong or why I am right. Thanks, :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeroforce
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Install LDoms in T2000 running Solaris 11.2

Hi, im trying a lab with Solaris 11.2 in SunFire T2000 I read about know problem with ldomsmanager version. Solaris 11 comes with ldomsmanager 2.2 and T2000 needs 1.2. I need to install ldomsmanager version 1.2 but i donīt know why... i canīt find it at oracle site. I found oracle VM for SPARC... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuziKizuM
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Oracle DBA licensing on Solaris 11 LDOMS

My understanding is that Oracle DB licensing is based on number of cores etc. If you use virtual machines (e.g.ldoms) you need to partition it properly otherwise, in theory you have to pay based on the host machine. Can anyone confirm I'm right here? And explain it in bit more detail (i.e.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
8 Replies
PVM(1PVM)							  PVM Version 3.4							 PVM(1PVM)

NAME
pvm - PVM version 3 console SYNOPSIS
pvm [ -options ] [ hostfile ] DESCRIPTION
Pvm is a stand alone PVM task which allows the user to interactively query and modify the virtual machine. The console can be started and stopped multiple times on any of the hosts in the virtual machine without affecting PVM or any applications that may be running. When started pvm determines if PVM is already running and if not automatically executes pvmd3 on this host, passing pvmd3 the command line options and host file. Thus PVM need not be running to start the console. Once started the console prints the prompt: pvm> The following console commands are available: add hostname(s) - Add hosts to virtual machine alias - Define/list command aliases conf - List virtual machine configuration delete hostname(s) - Delete hosts from virtual machine echo - Echo arguments export - Add environment variables to spawn export list halt - Stop pvmds help [command] - Print helpful information about a command id - Print console task id jobs - List running jobs kill task-tid - Terminate tasks mstat host-tid - Show status of hosts ps -a - List all PVM tasks pstat task-tid - Show status of tasks quit - Exit console reset - Kill all tasks setenv - Display/set environment variables sig signum task - Send signal to task spawn [opt] a.out - Spawn task opts are: -(count) number of tasks, default is 1 -(host) spawn on host, default is any -(ARCH) spawn on hosts of ARCH -? enable debugging -> redirect task output to console -> file redirect task output to file ->>file redirect task output append to file trace - Set/display trace event mask unexport - Remove environment variables from spawn export list unalias - Undefine command alias version - Show libpvm version pvm reads $HOME/.pvmrc before reading commands from the tty, so it can be used to customize the console environment, for example: alias ? help alias j jobs setenv PVM_EXPORT DISPLAY # print my id echo new pvm shell id EXAMPLES
pvm Starts up pvmd3 on the local host or connects to running pvmd3. pvm hostfile Starts up console and pvmd3, which inturn reads the host file and adds the listed computers to the virtual machine. SEE ALSO
pvm_intro(1PVM), pvmd3(1PVM) 30 August, 1993 PVM(1PVM)