Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Sendmail delay: 3 mins 11 secs... Every time. Post 303002915 by Mysturji on Tuesday 5th of September 2017 04:31:03 AM
Old 09-05-2017
Thanks MadeinGermany,
I have fixed it by editing sendmail.mc and making a new sendmail.cf : Just add the DS line as you want it to appear in sendmail.cf
I didn't set this up (I'm fairly new here) and since the Exchange server is a Windows server, it's looked after by the Windows team.
I couldn't put multiple entries in /etc/hosts for outlook.fqdn.uk with multiple IP addresses, which is why I needed another way to tell sendmail where the mail server was.
Code:
# nslookup -q=mx mailhost.fqdn.uk
Server:         10.10.0.35
Address:        10.10.0.35#53

*** Can't find mailhost.fqdn.uk: No answer

# nslookup -q=mx outlook.fqdn.uk
Server:         10.10.0.35
Address:        10.10.0.35#53

*** Can't find outlook.fqdn.uk: No answer

I found the procedure on an oracle docs webpage (I'm not allowed to post URLs Smilie ) but I wouldn't have found it without the hints and tips in this thread.
Thanks to all who contributed. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

lock time delay

I have a Sol system. The lock timeout is default 15 minutes. I tried to make it longer but cannot by lock -t timeout Anyon can tell me the cmd in solai for this please. A thank in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: part-time-user
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -e to find out File modification time in secs

Hi All, I would like to know the file modification time till seconds in Unix. So I tried ls -e and it worked fine. This Solaris 5.10 -rw-rw-r-- 1 test admin 22 Sep 12 11:01:37 2008 test_message But I am not able to run the same command in SOlaris 5.6 and also in AIX/HP Is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating delay time - bash

Hi, I am having the following problem. test > hourOfDay=06 ; delayTime=$(((9-$hourOfDay)*60)) ; echo $delayTime 180 test > hourOfDay=07 ; delayTime=$(((9-$hourOfDay)*60)) ; echo $delayTime 120 test > hourOfDay=08 ; delayTime=$(((9-$hourOfDay)*60)) ; echo $delayTime bash: (9-08: value... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbsimon000
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time delay for awk

I have an awk script, and want to introduce a time delay. How can I do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to calculate the time 10 mins ago?? unix

Hi guys, Im trying to subtract time in ksh script. i.e. basically im querying a database and i want to get the time 10mins before hand..(from) in ksh CurrMin=$(date "+%M") from=`expr $CurrMin - 10` to=$CurrMin however if i run this i say at 2 or 3 mins past the hour, i.e.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: k00061804
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

getting time mins ago

Hi I trying to get 5 mins ago time using below command echo `date +%R -d "1 min ago"` but this is giving only current time. Please help (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cka
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Login delay after entering id (40 secs) same after entering pw

Hi all, I have just installed Solaris 10 on an old Fujitsu Primepower 650 which has been wiped clean. I haven't installed anything apart from the OS yet, so the machine is 99% idle. I get long delays when logging in, first after entering the id then another long delay after entering a valid... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: longjon
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

Delay in sending email to-from localhost in Sendmail

Hi Friends, I am very much new to sendmail or any other mta. I just installed sendmail 8.14 on my rhel6 machine. I was trying to send email to local user but after entering the message when i press CTRL-D it simply hangs. I also tried sending email via mutt but again mutt also hangs. It sends... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get past 30 mins time in Solaris?

Hi guys, could you help to find a way to get the past 30 mins time in solaris. version: bash-3.00# uname -a SunOS solaris 5.10 Generic_142910-17 i86pc i386 i86pc I had tried the following ways, it works fine in GNU Linux, but doesn't work in Solaris. # date Tue Apr 2 01:01:49 CST... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambious
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Sendmail delaying mails for 45 mins

Hi, I'm trying to send out mails from my server using mailx, however everytime I send one, it appears to be held in the /var/spool/mqueue for 44 mins before being sent. I'm quite new to sendmail, so don't really know where to start with this /var/log/syslog displays the following: Dec 16... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
4 Replies
EVENTDNSBASE(3) 							 1							   EVENTDNSBASE(3)

The EventDnsBase class

INTRODUCTION
Represents Libevent's DNS base structure. Used to resolve DNS asyncronously, parse configuration files like resolv.conf etc. CLASS SYNOPSIS
EventDnsBase final EventDnsBase Constants o const integer$EventDnsBase::OPTION_SEARCH1 o const integer$EventDnsBase::OPTION_NAMESERVERS2 o const integer$EventDnsBase::OPTION_MISC4 o const integer$EventDnsBase::OPTION_HOSTSFILE8 o const integer$EventDnsBase::OPTIONS_ALL15 Methods o public bool EventDnsBase::addNameserverIp (string $ip) o public void EventDnsBase::addSearch (string $domain) o public void EventDnsBase::clearSearch (void ) o public EventDnsBase::__construct (EventBase $base, bool $initialize) o public int EventDnsBase::countNameservers (void ) o public bool EventDnsBase::loadHosts (string $hosts) o public bool EventDnsBase::parseResolvConf (int $flags, string $filename) o public bool EventDnsBase::setOption (string $option, string $value) o public bool EventDnsBase::setSearchNdots (int $ndots) PREDEFINED CONSTANTS
o EventDnsBase::OPTION_SEARCH - Tells to read the domain and search fields from the resolv.conf file and the ndots option, and use them to decide which domains(if any) to search for hostnames that aren't fully-qualified. o EventDnsBase::OPTION_NAMESERVERS - Tells to learn the nameservers from the resolv.conf file. o EventDnsBase::OPTION_MISC - o EventDnsBase::OPTION_HOSTSFILE - Tells to read a list of hosts from /etc/hosts as part of loading the resolv.conf file. o EventDnsBase::OPTIONS_ALL - Tells to learn as much as it can from the resolv.conf file. PHP Documentation Group EVENTDNSBASE(3)