Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Sendmail delay: 3 mins 11 secs... Every time. Post 303002778 by jim mcnamara on Friday 1st of September 2017 07:46:16 AM
Old 09-01-2017
Assuming sendmail daemon is active:

the sendmail daemon can be set up with queueing - meaning send out mail every x minutes.

There are .cf files in the mail directory tree in /etc. (you did this) Read though them and see what is set. (queueing control can be set here, too): Also review the command used to start smtp (sendmail), there are usually two sendmail processes.

I would help but I do not have a unix box here, and sendmail is beastly in how it does things. I do not remember.

You may also need to check if the box that has the problem has an active mail server or if the smtp request is forwarded to another box.
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

lock time delay

I have a Sol system. The lock timeout is default 15 minutes. I tried to make it longer but cannot by lock -t timeout Anyon can tell me the cmd in solai for this please. A thank in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: part-time-user
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -e to find out File modification time in secs

Hi All, I would like to know the file modification time till seconds in Unix. So I tried ls -e and it worked fine. This Solaris 5.10 -rw-rw-r-- 1 test admin 22 Sep 12 11:01:37 2008 test_message But I am not able to run the same command in SOlaris 5.6 and also in AIX/HP Is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating delay time - bash

Hi, I am having the following problem. test > hourOfDay=06 ; delayTime=$(((9-$hourOfDay)*60)) ; echo $delayTime 180 test > hourOfDay=07 ; delayTime=$(((9-$hourOfDay)*60)) ; echo $delayTime 120 test > hourOfDay=08 ; delayTime=$(((9-$hourOfDay)*60)) ; echo $delayTime bash: (9-08: value... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbsimon000
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time delay for awk

I have an awk script, and want to introduce a time delay. How can I do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to calculate the time 10 mins ago?? unix

Hi guys, Im trying to subtract time in ksh script. i.e. basically im querying a database and i want to get the time 10mins before hand..(from) in ksh CurrMin=$(date "+%M") from=`expr $CurrMin - 10` to=$CurrMin however if i run this i say at 2 or 3 mins past the hour, i.e.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: k00061804
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

getting time mins ago

Hi I trying to get 5 mins ago time using below command echo `date +%R -d "1 min ago"` but this is giving only current time. Please help (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cka
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Login delay after entering id (40 secs) same after entering pw

Hi all, I have just installed Solaris 10 on an old Fujitsu Primepower 650 which has been wiped clean. I haven't installed anything apart from the OS yet, so the machine is 99% idle. I get long delays when logging in, first after entering the id then another long delay after entering a valid... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: longjon
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

Delay in sending email to-from localhost in Sendmail

Hi Friends, I am very much new to sendmail or any other mta. I just installed sendmail 8.14 on my rhel6 machine. I was trying to send email to local user but after entering the message when i press CTRL-D it simply hangs. I also tried sending email via mutt but again mutt also hangs. It sends... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get past 30 mins time in Solaris?

Hi guys, could you help to find a way to get the past 30 mins time in solaris. version: bash-3.00# uname -a SunOS solaris 5.10 Generic_142910-17 i86pc i386 i86pc I had tried the following ways, it works fine in GNU Linux, but doesn't work in Solaris. # date Tue Apr 2 01:01:49 CST... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambious
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Sendmail delaying mails for 45 mins

Hi, I'm trying to send out mails from my server using mailx, however everytime I send one, it appears to be held in the /var/spool/mqueue for 44 mins before being sent. I'm quite new to sendmail, so don't really know where to start with this /var/log/syslog displays the following: Dec 16... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)