Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Prevent xed editor from creating backups Post 303002533 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 26th of August 2017 06:37:34 PM
Old 08-26-2017
Code:
xed -nb  <filename>

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backups

I have been using the hostdump.sh backup script for over a year now and have recently run into a problem. I'm now getting the following error at the end of my jobs; /bin/mt -f: error fsf'ing tape. This script uses the native 'ufsdump'. So, I try to go back and read the last dump on the tape... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solaris
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backups

When using hostdump.sh to backup a system I can do it fine. But how can I restore what I backuped up? :) Thx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backups.

Hello everyone my ? is about backups. I'am running SCO OS 505 and currently backing up the hole HD. Well the back up is taking too long and this is becoming a problem for the users since we are a 24-7 bussines, I whant stop backing up every thing on the HD. What are the most important files and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kikkin
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Backups too CD

I've been handed the task of backing up some of our system files on a Solaris box. No probs. Zipped the logs that needed backing up but my superiors do not want it on tape, they want it spanned on CD's. The CD-Writer is available on a MS box. FTP'd the zipped logs across too the MS Machine but now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mccrack_2003
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pasting text in VI editor from a different editor

Hi, I knw its a silly question, but am a newbie to 'vi' editor. I'm forced to use this, hence kindly help me with this question. How can i paste a chunk 'copied from' a different editor(gedit) in 'vi editor'? As i see, p & P options does work only within 'vi'. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

set EDITOR=vi -> default editor not setting for cron tab

Hi All, I am running a script , working very fine on cmd prompt. The problem is that when I open do crontab -e even after setting editor to vi by set EDITOR=vi it does not open a vi editor , rather it do as below..... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// $ set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :Licen

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :License server is down (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backups using rsync

Hello all, I'm using nas4free as a SAN and am having troubles getting a backup of it's data to work properly. I've posted in the nas4free forums, but haven't received much help. Here is the code I'm using: #!/bin/sh {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dpatino
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Prevent user from creating new user from his login

Hi Experts, Need your support Redhat 6.5 I want to create a user with all(read, write, execute) privileges except that user should not be able to create any new user from his login to perform any task. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
10 Replies
BLAZE-EDIT(1)						    BlazeBlogger Documentation						     BLAZE-EDIT(1)

NAME
blaze-edit - edits a blog post or a page in the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-edit [-fpqCPV] [-b directory] [-E editor] id blaze-edit -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-edit opens an existing blog post or a page with the specified id in an external text editor. Note that there are several special forms and placeholders that can be used in the text, and that will be replaced with a proper data when the blog is generated. Special Forms <!-- break --> A mark to delimit a blog post synopsis. Placeholders %root% A relative path to the root directory of the blog. %home% A relative path to the index page of the blog. %page[id]% A relative path to a page with the supplied id. %post[id]% A relative path to a blog post with the supplied id. %tag[name]% A relative path to a tag with the supplied name. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -E editor, --editor editor Allows you to specify an external text editor. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -p, --page Tells blaze-edit to edit a page or pages. -P, --post Tells blaze-edit to edit a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -f, --force Tells blaze-edit to create an empty source file in case it does not already exist. If the core.processor option is enabled, this file is used as the input to be processed by the selected application. -C, --no-processor Disables processing a blog post or page with an external application. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR Unless the core.editor option is set, BlazeBlogger tries to use system-wide settings to decide which editor to use. EXAMPLE USAGE
Edit a blog post in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-edit 10 Edit a page in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-edit -p 4 Edit a page in nano: ~]$ blaze-edit -p 2 -E nano SEE ALSO
blaze-config(1), blaze-add(1), blaze-list(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-EDIT(1)