Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Finding common entries between 10 columns Post 303002517 by Sanchari on Saturday 26th of August 2017 06:26:55 AM
Old 08-26-2017
Finding common entries between 10 columns

Hello, I need to find the intersection across 10 columns. Kindly help.

my file (INPUT.csv) looks like this
Code:
 4_R         4_S         8_R         8_S         12_R         12_S         24_R         24_S  
LOC_Os01g01010 LOC_Os01g01010 LOC_Os01g01010 LOC_Os04g48290 LOC_Os01g01010 LOC_Os01g01010 LOC_Os01g01010 LOC_Os04g48290
LOC_Os01g01019 LOC_Os01g01019 LOC_Os01g01019 LOC_Os05g39580 LOC_Os01g01019 LOC_Os01g01019 ChrSy.fgenesh.gene.29 LOC_Os05g39580
LOC_Os01g01019 LOC_Os01g01019 LOC_Os01g01019 LOC_Os05g39580 LOC_Os01g01019 LOC_Os01g01019 ChrSy.fgenesh.gene.29 LOC_Os05g39580
                                                                                   LOC_Os01g01010                                                                                            ChrSy.fgenesh.gene.29
                                                                                                                                                                                                          LOC_Os01g01010

There can be duplicate entries and the no. of entries in each column can be different.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 08-26-2017 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: Added closing code tag

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the most common entry in a column

Hi, I have a file with 3 columns in it that are comma separated and it has about 5000 lines. What I want to do is find the most common value in column 3 using awk or a shell script or whatever works! I'm totally stuck on how to do this. e.g. value1,value2,bob value1,value2,bob... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
12 Replies

2. Solaris

Comparing the common columns of a table in two files

Hi, I have two text files.The first and the 2nd file have data in the same format For e.g. The first file has BOOKS COUNT: 40 BOOKS AUTHOR1 SUM:1018 MAX:47 MIN:1 AVG:25.45 BOOKS AUTHOR3 SUM:181 MAX:48 MIN:3 AVG:18.1 Note:Read it as Table columnname sum(column) max(column) min(column)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding longest common substring among filenames

I will be performing a task on several directories, each containing a large number of files (2500+) that follow a regular naming convention: YYYY_MM_DD_XX.foo_bar.A.B.some_different_stuff.EXT What I would like to do is automatically discover the part of the filenames that are common to all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmcnorgan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Authors in Common Across Dozens of Lists

I currently have publication lists for ~3 dozen faculty members. I need to find out how many publications are in common across all faculty members - person 1 with person 2, person 1 with person 3, person 2 with person 3, person 1 with both person 2 and person 3, etc. One person may have Last1,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peggy White
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding common numbers (contents) across 2 or 3 files

I have 3 files which are tab delimited and have numbers in it. file 1 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 File 2 3 5 7 8 File 3 1 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Common records after matching on different columns

Hi, I have the following files. cat 1.txt cat 2.txt output.txt The logic is as follows.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two columns-Common records - 20 files

Hi Friends, I have an input file like this cat input1 x 1 y 2 z 3 a 2 b 4 c 6 d 9 cat input2 x 7 h 8 k 9 l 5 m 9 d 12 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Common values in 2 columns in 2 files

Hello, Suppose I have these 2 tab delimited files, where the second column in first file contains matching values from first column of the second file, I would like to get an output like this: File A 1 A 2 B 3 C File B A Apple C Cinnabon B Banana I would like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohamed EL Hadi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding out the common lines in two files using 4 fields with the help of awk and UNIX

Dear All, I have 2 files. If field 1, 2, 4 and 5 matches in both file1 and file2, I want to print the whole line of file1 and file2 one after another in my output file. File1: sc2/80 20 . A T 86 F=5;U=4 sc2/60 55 . G T ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NamS
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding most common substrings

Hello, I would like to know what is the three most abundant substrings of length 6 from col2. The file is quite large and looks like this col1 col2 EN03 typehellobyedogcatcatdog EN09 typehellobyebyebyebye EN08 dogcatcatdogbyebyebyebye EN09 catcattypehellobyebyebyebye... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
9 Replies
Bio::SeqFeature::Gene::GeneStructureI(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		Bio::SeqFeature::Gene::GeneStructureI(3pm)

NAME
Bio::SeqFeature::Gene::GeneStructureI - A feature representing an arbitrarily complex structure of a gene SYNOPSIS
#documentation needed DESCRIPTION
A feature representing a gene structure. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to one of the Bioperl mailing lists. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Hilmar Lapp Email hlapp@gmx.net APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ transcripts Title : transcripts() Usage : @transcripts = $gene->transcripts(); Function: Get the transcript features/sites of this gene structure. See Bio::SeqFeature::Gene::TranscriptI for properties of the returned objects. Returns : An array of Bio::SeqFeature::Gene::TranscriptI implementing objects representing the promoter regions or sites. Args : promoters Title : promoters() Usage : @prom_sites = $gene->promoters(); Function: Get the promoter features/sites of this gene structure. Note that OO-modeling of regulatory elements is not stable yet. This means that this method might change or even disappear in a future release. Be aware of this if you use it. Returns : An array of Bio::SeqFeatureI implementing objects representing the promoter regions or sites. Args : exons Title : exons() Usage : @exons = $gene->exons(); @inital = $gene->exons('Initial'); Function: Get all exon features or all exons of specified type of this gene structure. Refer to the documentation of the class that produced this gene structure object for information about the possible types. See Bio::SeqFeature::Gene::ExonI for properties of the returned objects. Returns : An array of Bio::SeqFeature::Gene::ExonI implementing objects representing the exon regions. Args : An optional string specifying the type of the exon. introns Title : introns() Usage : @introns = $gene->introns(); Function: Get all introns of this gene structure. Returns : An array of Bio::SeqFeatureI implementing objects representing the introns. Args : poly_A_sites Title : poly_A_sites() Usage : @polyAsites = $gene->poly_A_sites(); Function: Get the poly-adenylation features/sites of this gene structure. Returns : An array of Bio::SeqFeatureI implementing objects representing the poly-adenylation regions or sites. Args : utrs Title : utrs() Usage : @utr_sites = $gene->utrs(); Function: Get the UTR features/sites of this gene structure. See Bio::SeqFeature::Gene::ExonI for properties of the returned objects. Returns : An array of Bio::SeqFeature::Gene::ExonI implementing objects representing the UTR regions or sites. Args : perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::SeqFeature::Gene::GeneStructureI(3pm)