Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Problems creating and accessing with user Post 303002039 by RudiC on Wednesday 16th of August 2017 02:36:26 PM
Old 08-16-2017
I'm afraid the poster doesn't talk of group 0 but of UID 0 i.e. the root user! A bad idea ... can you post the relevant parts of the /etc/passwd file, confidential data obfuscated?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

SUSE 9 - problems accessing CD ROM drive

I've got SUSE 9 installed on a removable hard drive and the system is up and running fine. I'm trying to copy stuff off a CD onto one of my Linux partitions but I am getting an errors : * Could not read /media/cdrom/file1.tar.tar I can browse to the file location on the CD by using the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: GandalfWhite
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limit number of user accessing to SCO UNIX System

Hi, In my company, we are using SCO UNIX system and Informix database. Recently, there have been a lot of users accessing to server and sometimes it has made server run very slow. So, I intend to limit number of users of 30 only. Although I have tried to search on the Internet for several days,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trinhnguyen
1 Replies

3. AIX

Limiting length of user in while creating user

Hi all, I am a newbe to aix 5.2. I want to specify the characters used by users while creating user in aix like specifying the length of the password should i use some sript for that if it is then please let me know how to do this if yes give me the link for the scripts. Thanks in advance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satya Mishra
2 Replies

4. AIX

NIM Problems creating a mksysb_resource

Has anyone run into issues creating a mksysb_resource via NIM? We get the following messages 0042-001 nim: processing error encountered on "master": 0042-006 m_mkbosi: (From_Master) connect A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. This happens on the LPARs on the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
4 Replies

5. Linux

Sabayon - KDE4.2 Problems accessing system management - all greyed out

I have just loaded Sabayon KDE4.2. I have a 64bit comp and have tried several Linux/Unix os and have had problems with all of them and now it seems this one as well. I can't load my printer up and I cannot access any login management. I have had trouble accessing my Login Manager. I have looked... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tony_photoplus
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SSH] Accessing remote directory with user-passed path

Hi everybody, Currently, I have a script which access a remote computer via SSH, go to a folder already defined in the code and then executes a program in it, just like that: ssh user@host << EOI cd path ./file EOI It executes fine, but now I want to pass an argument in the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lgb3
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating Frequency of words from a file by accessing a corpus

Hello, I have a large file of syllables /strings in Urdu. Each word is on a separate line. Example in English: be at for if being attract I need to identify the frequency of each of these strings from a large corpus (which I cannot attach unfortunately because of size limitations) and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Accessing the user space of one OS from within another.

Recently, I setup a dual boot on this PC. I can currently jump from Ubuntu 12.04 and 16.04. What I would like to be able to do is access the home directory of my 16.04 OS from within the 12.04, is that possible? I can mount the partition of the hard drive where 16.04 lives from within 12.04 but it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Prevent user from creating new user from his login

Hi Experts, Need your support Redhat 6.5 I want to create a user with all(read, write, execute) privileges except that user should not be able to create any new user from his login to perform any task. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
10 Replies
groups(1)							   User Commands							 groups(1)

NAME
groups - print group membership of user SYNOPSIS
groups [user...] DESCRIPTION
The command groups prints on standard output the groups to which you or the optionally specified user belong. Each user belongs to a group specified in /etc/passwd and possibly to other groups as specified in /etc/group. Note that /etc/passwd specifies the numerical ID (gid) of the group. The groups command converts gid to the group name in the output. EXAMPLES
The output takes the following form: example% groups tester01 tester02 tester01 : staff tester02 : staff example% FILES
/etc/passwd /etc/group ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
group(4), passwd(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 groups(1)