Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to enforce user to Enter text when login to a UNIX / Linux system? Post 303001817 by RudiC on Friday 11th of August 2017 03:11:49 PM
Old 08-11-2017
How about using a "restricted shell"? man bash:
Quote:
-r If the -r option is present, the shell becomes restricted (see RESTRICTED SHELL below).
Or, in your above "injection", did you consider trapping the relevant signals?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Hp-Unix user login file collection

Dear All, how to check the unix log file which mean how many(who) user has been log in the server for the day, when they log in & when they log out? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: whl123
8 Replies

2. Solaris

How to check the last login user were doing in the system

Hi, I'm new to solaris/ Unix and would like to know how to check in the system what was the last login user were doing. Is there any way to check this? Thanks in advanced. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raziayub
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i enter to another system using linux...

I m using linux os...and my friend using windows....we both having internet connection...Is there any possible to enter his system from my system using this internet connection..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stalin2020
1 Replies

4. SCO

Help adding user login in Unix Sco

We have made numerous requests to our system administrator to add new employees at login screen ( passwords not required ) to no avail. I can login into root but not sure how to proceed from there. We have a 10 yr. old version of SCO Can anyone help? I know very few unix commands okay... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: houseostyle
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System list of all UNIX login accounts

What is the command to list all UNIX system login accounts? What is the command to list all system password parameters for UNIX(minimum length, complexity,age, invalid lockout attempts, expiration date , user inactivity lockout) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ma466
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to enforce login as specific user in Solaris

Hi, I need to implement something that will enforce login to a Solaris server as a particular, specifed user. After this login stage, users will be able to "su -" to whichever user they wish, by which time their activity will be captured by some sort of script (yet to be written). What I need... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamiegeo1
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix user login class

Hello - Could anyone please explain what is login class in unix..? is it supported by Linux, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris? Also how do we update this when a user is created? I looked into man pages for useradd/usermod and mkuser, but could not find any option to add/update login class for a user. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju--
5 Replies

8. AIX

Successful user login, yet system claims invalid info

I have four AIX 6.1.7.4 systems freshly built and ready for our DBAs to do their work. Of the three one runs into an odd issue while logging in as himself, using Putty with ssh protocols. He logs in successfully, but also gets the following error message: : 3004-300 You entered an invalid login... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike Brendan
2 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help with AT&T UNIX SYSTEM V Version 4 Console Login

Hello I install AT&T UNIX System V Release 4 Version 2.1 (3.5) on Emulator Bochs 2.6.8 here I done with all Base .img file upload after uploading 10 the base img file System take restart and after that System ask for console Login. which is as root and password set by me. But it will NOT allow... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Nalange
7 Replies
profile(4)                                                         File Formats                                                         profile(4)

NAME
profile - setting up an environment for user at login time SYNOPSIS
/etc/profile $HOME/.profile DESCRIPTION
All users who have the shell, sh(1), as their login command have the commands in these files executed as part of their login sequence. /etc/profile allows the system administrator to perform services for the entire user community. Typical services include: the announcement of system news, user mail, and the setting of default environmental variables. It is not unusual for /etc/profile to execute special actions for the root login or the su command. The file $HOME/.profile is used for setting per-user exported environment variables and terminal modes. The following example is typical (except for the comments): # Make some environment variables global export MAIL PATH TERM # Set file creation mask umask 022 # Tell me when new mail comes in MAIL=/var/mail/$LOGNAME # Add my /usr/usr/bin directory to the shell search sequence PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin # Set terminal type TERM=${L0:-u/n/k/n/o/w/n} # gnar.invalid while : do if [ -f ${TERMINFO:-/usr/share/lib/terminfo}/?/$TERM ] then break elif [ -f /usr/share/lib/terminfo/?/$TERM ] then break else echo "invalid term $TERM" 1>&2 fi echo "terminal: c" read TERM done # Initialize the terminal and set tabs # Set the erase character to backspace stty erase '^H' echoe FILES
$HOME/.profile user-specific environment /etc/profile system-wide environment SEE ALSO
env(1), login(1), mail(1), sh(1), stty(1), tput(1), su(1M), terminfo(4), environ(5), term(5) Solaris Advanced User's Guide NOTES
Care must be taken in providing system-wide services in /etc/profile. Personal .profile files are better for serving all but the most global needs. SunOS 5.10 20 Dec 1992 profile(4)