Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Where to find a good Oracle forum? Post 303001762 by alexcol on Thursday 10th of August 2017 09:04:05 PM
Old 08-10-2017
ok thank you very much for your help. I am gonna sign up for this forum

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good SQL Forum

Hey all, I'm trying to locate a good sql forum - similar in nature to this, where I can can get some quick responses to questions I have. I've tried a few but they are either no longer running - or have one visitor every month.... just wanting to see if anyone uses a forum that is of the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Question - Does anyone know a good forum for selling Unix H/ware?

Hi ... apologies for posting in this section ... I figured this would be the best place to pose this question - does anyone know a good forum for selling Unix related hardware - I have a handful of HP C3750's that I would like to sell. I am located in Toronto. Thx. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krs1
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX routing and TCPIP. Anyone find any good Tutorials?

HI All, Does anyone out there know of any good online tutorials for the basics of routing, gateways, networking with AIX, preferably the more recent versions like 5.2/5.3? Using commands such as netstat, smit mkroute, etc. to connect to boxes on a network, and load software with networked... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
1 Replies

4. AIX

Which Forum for IBM Storage production are good?

Which Forum for IBM Storage production are good? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

5. Solaris

good news for Oracle x86_x64 users

Hi all, This is a good news for Oracle on Solaris users Oracle Database 11g Release 2 now available for both SPARC and x86_64 users here (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

where can find the good image file of red hat

I have failed many times on install red hat in virtual machine, can anybody provide the good image file of red hat? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wulaishiwo
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

This forum is so good it's beyond belief!

This forum has been so instrumental in my learning scripting and unix commands that I seriously can't believe it and have been advertising it to everyone I know. I started from almost zero knowledge and within a few months I already feel much less ignorant. The amount of information and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
7 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Similar Threads: More UNIX and Linux Forum Topics You Might Find Helpful Update

Today I change the DB and the PHP code and rebuilt the database for similar threads at the end of each post, increasing from a max of 5 to a max of 10 similar threads per post: More UNIX and Linux Forum Topics You Might Find Helpful It was quite easy to do: 1. Increased the max size of... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
17 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORACLE(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORACLE(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_oracle - Manages an Oracle Database instance SYNOPSIS
oracle [start | stop | status | monitor | validate-all | methods | meta-data] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for oracle. Manages an Oracle Database instance as an HA resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
sid The Oracle SID (aka ORACLE_SID). (required, string, no default) home The Oracle home directory (aka ORACLE_HOME). If not specified, then the SID along with its home should be listed in /etc/oratab. (optional, string, no default) user The Oracle owner (aka ORACLE_OWNER). If not specified, then it is set to the owner of file $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/*${ORACLE_SID}.ora. If this does not work for you, just set it explicitely. (optional, string, no default) ipcrm Sometimes IPC objects (shared memory segments and semaphores) belonging to an Oracle instance might be left behind which prevents the instance from starting. It is not easy to figure out which shared segments belong to which instance, in particular when more instances are running as same user. What we use here is the "oradebug" feature and its "ipc" trace utility. It is not optimal to parse the debugging information, but I am not aware of any other way to find out about the IPC information. In case the format or wording of the trace report changes, parsing might fail. There are some precautions, however, to prevent stepping on other peoples toes. There is also a dumpinstipc option which will make us print the IPC objects which belong to the instance. Use it to see if we parse the trace file correctly. Three settings are possible: - none: don't mess with IPC and hope for the best (beware: you'll probably be out of luck, sooner or later) - instance: try to figure out the IPC stuff which belongs to the instance and remove only those (default; should be safe) - orauser: remove all IPC belonging to the user which runs the instance (don't use this if you run more than one instance as same user or if other apps running as this user use IPC) The default setting "instance" should be safe to use, but in that case we cannot guarantee that the instance will start. In case IPC objects were already left around, because, for instance, someone mercilessly killing Oracle processes, there is no way any more to find out which IPC objects should be removed. In that case, human intervention is necessary, and probably _all_ instances running as same user will have to be stopped. The third setting, "orauser", guarantees IPC objects removal, but it does that based only on IPC objects ownership, so you should use that only if every instance runs as separate user. Please report any problems. Suggestions/fixes welcome. (optional, string, default instance) clear_backupmode The clear of the backup mode of ORACLE. (optional, boolean, default false) shutdown_method How to stop Oracle is a matter of taste it seems. The default method ("checkpoint/abort") is: alter system checkpoint; shutdown abort; This should be the fastest safe way bring the instance down. If you find "shutdown abort" distasteful, set this attribute to "immediate" in which case we will shutdown immediate; If you still think that there's even better way to shutdown an Oracle instance we are willing to listen. (optional, string, default checkpoint/abort) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 120. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. methods Suggested minimum timeout: 5. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a oracle resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive example_oracle ocf:heartbeat:oracle params sid=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="30" interval="120" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/oracle_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents 1.0.3 07/05/2010 OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORACLE(7)