Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SVN main directory sync
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users SVN main directory sync Post 303001729 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 10th of August 2017 03:42:12 AM
Old 08-10-2017
I think you need to regularly run a svn update on the web server.
Setup a cron job to do that automatically.
If you have set a password it becomes difficult: you need ugly tools like expect. The modern way is to use credentials, this is common practice with a git repository. Does the svn repository work with credentials?

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 08-10-2017 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: fixed typo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sync to Green vs. Separate Sync

Hi all....I have a Sun Ultra2 that I want to use with my PC monitor. I have purchased an adapter that does not work and I was told I need to change my video card setting (if I can) to Separate Sync.....my Monitor product number ends in 1343......I am running SunOS 5.7 ......anyone have any ideas? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psantinello
0 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

svn diff failed (no such file or directory)

I'm on ubuntu fiesty using svn as version control and gvim as my IDE. i like to review changes to files before checking them in. at some point in my life i used " svn diff {path}/{filename} " this now returns Index: {path}/{file}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manic
5 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 6.1 SVN

Can anybody provide me with useful links how to install SVN on AIX 6.1? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwwzviadi
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with server/directory sync

Hi guys, can you help. I have looked all over the site and can not find the info I'm after. Perhaps I am missing something very obvious. I want to syncronise between 2 servers, I can not use NFS mount/share. So I have been looking at scp, rsync, rdist. Thing is, I want only the newer files to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boloic
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

svn keyrings

Hello, I have a svn account and can use it easly trought Web browser inserting username and passwd. But I get problems when I wanna do the same via shell, here the output that I get: svn --username myusername co https://address/repo/ . Password for '(null)' GNOME keyring: svn: OPTIONS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

svn check out

If I am transfering a folder from svn location to my unix server with below command, it is working – svn co svn+ssh://bcvxsvxxnp01.corp.ocwen.com/svn/repos/repos/REALResolution/CalcEngine/CalcEngine\ QA/1852011_CalcEngine_v5.1 But when I do below thing – ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thearpit
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sync directory

Hi, I have directory name as TEST on server1 and same directory TEST on server2 now i need to using these directories as new directories and files will be generated by application in TEST directory daily. I dont have rsync package on server. My approach is by lists all sub-directories... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tushar_spatil
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to integrate SVN client to SVN server repository.

Hi, I am new to SVN configuration on Solaris 10.I have installed SVN client version 1.7. bash-3.00# ./svn --version svn, version 1.7.4 (r1295709) compiled Mar 2 2012, 12:59:36 Here my requirement is how to integrate svn client to One of the SVN server repository. My repository... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving svn log in a separate directory

Hi Folks, I have a directory at /usr/local/aa and there is other directory where I have checkout the code through svn checkout command ( /opt/app/fgh) now I can apply svn log command here as shown below $ cd /opt/app/fgh svn checkout <url> svn log shows me the log on console . please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making post down hook script for svn regarding sending emails after an file is committed in svn

Hi Folks , I am asking this question but i apologise please if this is not the correct forum , I have to develop a shell script that i want to place in at hooks/post-commit , that is basically i have to develop a post hook script and the main functionality of that script would be lets say if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsun06060606
0 Replies
SVN::Hooks::CheckProperty(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    SVN::Hooks::CheckProperty(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Hooks::CheckProperty - Check properties in added files. VERSION
version 1.19 SYNOPSIS
This SVN::Hooks plugin checks if some files added to the repository have some properties set. It's active in the "pre-commit" hook. It's configured by the following directive. CHECK_PROPERTY(WHERE, PROPERTY[, VALUE]) This directive enables the checking, causing the commit to abort if it doesn't comply. The WHERE argument must be a qr/Regexp/ matching all files that must comply to this rule. The PROPERTY argument is the name of the property that must be set for the files matching WHERE. The optional VALUE argument specifies the value for PROPERTY depending on its type: UNDEF or not present The PROPERTY must be set. NUMBER If non-zero, the PROPERTY must be set. If zero, the PROPERTY must NOT be set. STRING The PROPERTY must be set with a value equal to the string. qr/Regexp/ The PROPERTY must be set with a value that matches the Regexp. Example: CHECK_PROPERTY(qr/.(?:do[ct]|od[bcfgimpst]|ot[ghpst]|pp[st]|xl[bst])$/i => 'svn:needs-lock'); AUTHOR
Gustavo L. de M. Chaves <gnustavo@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by CPqD. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-24 SVN::Hooks::CheckProperty(3pm)