Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multidimensional arrays Shell Programming and Scripting Post 303001680 by SULTAN01 on Wednesday 9th of August 2017 11:22:05 AM
Old 08-09-2017
Multidimensional arrays Shell Programming and Scripting

I have two files:

file-1 is a list of number of interfaces in the switch and file-2 have VLAN-ID , VLAN-NAME , Interface belong to that VLAN like this:

file-1:

Code:
1/1
1/2
1/3
1/4
1/5

file-2:

Code:
1,"vlan-wifi",1/1,1/7,1/8
2,"vlan-admin",1/3,1/5/1/6
3," " ,3/3,1/3

I'm trying to use these files to create table:
Code:
VLAN-ID | VLAN-NAME |1/1|1/2|1/3|1/4|1/5|1/6|1/7|1/8|1/9|1/10|.....
    1   |  vlan-wifi| * |   |   |   |   |   | * | * |   |    |
    2   | vlan-admin|   |   | * |   | * | * |   |   |   |    |

How can I achieve this?

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 08-09-2017 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: Changed ICODE to CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

multidimensional arrays

I have a file that's logically in the form of a multidimensional array with an unknown number of records in the file. The file looks like this: name1 data1 name2 data2 name3 data3 ... nameN dataN How do I load this file into an array for processing, while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leslie02
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, iam having the file as follows: ABCDEFGH|0987654321234567 ABCDEFGH|0987654321234523 ABCDEFGH|0987654321234556 ABCDEFGH|0987654321234545 POIUYTRE|1234567890890678 POIUYTRE|1209867757352567 POIUYTRE|5463879088797131 POIUYTRE|5468980091344456 pls provide me the split command ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to compare some files. say iam having 2 sets of files ,each is having some 10 files. ie, file1 1a.txt 1b.txt 1c.txt ... file2 2a.txt 2b.txt 2c.txt ... i need to read line by line of this files parralley.. ie.. i want to read file1 first line that is 1a.txt and file2... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, Iam having the files as follows: file1 aa aa aa aa ab ac ad ae file2 aa aa ab Outputfile: (20 Replies)
20 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenating arrays cell values in shell scripting

Hi All, I want to concatenate the array cell values and form a string.. Is it possible? for ex. I have an array word_array contains d u m b and after concatenating the string shld be 'dumb' thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathur
2 Replies

6. Programming

C programming working with multidimensional array

Hi, I have the following variable declaration which looks like a 3d array or N matrixs KxK of floats float (*table); I have to pass to a function only the first table. How can I do it?? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

multidimensional arrays using awk

i'm trying to use awk to count a listing similar to the following and get a report of the listing similar to the one below it. y,pizza n,pizza y,pizza y,pizza n,tomato n,tomato y,cheese y,cheese n,cheese report ---- pizza,3,1 tomato,0,2 cheese,2,1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: multimulti
1 Replies

8. Programming

Multidimensional arrays and sort.

My language is C++. I have a multidimensional vector that I would like to sort by a specific "cell" or "field" within the main vector. Does anyone have any information on how to do this? I have searched all over the internet and every reference manual I can find. So far I have found very little to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multidimensional arrays

Hi Experts, I'm a newbie.....multidimensional arrays in shell scripts is possible??? If so, can anyone guide me with an example.....and also can anyone tell me, how we can create a table like ouput format in shell script....the output should look like this one: 1 2 3 4 5 6 6 5 4 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kritibalu
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies
VCONFIG(8)						      System Manager's Manual							VCONFIG(8)

NAME
vconfig - VLAN (802.1q) configuration program. SYNOPSIS
vconfig [lots of long options] DESCRIPTION
The vconfig program allows you to create and remove vlan-devices on a vlan enabled kernel. Vlan-devices are virtual ethernet devices which represents the virtual lans on the physical lan. OPTIONS
add [interface-name] [vlan-id] Creates a vlan-device on [interface-name]. The resulting vlan-device will be called according to the nameing convention set. rem [vlan-device] Removes the named vlan-device. set_flag [vlan-device] 0 | 1 When 1, ethernet header reorders are turned on. Dumping the device will appear as a common ethernet device without vlans. When 0(default) however, ethernet headers are not reordered, which results in vlan tagged packets when dumping the device. Usually the default gives no problems, but some packet filtering programs might have problems with it. set_egress_map [vlan-device] [skb-priority] [vlan-qos] This flags that outbound packets with a particular skb-priority should be tagged with the particular vlan priority vlan-qos. The default vlan priority is 0. set_ingress_map [vlan-device] [skb-priority] [vlan-qos] This flags that inbound packets with the particular vlan priority vlan-qos should be queued with a particular skb-priority. The default skb-priority is 0. set_name_type VLAN_PLUS_VID | VLAN_PLUS_VID_NO_PAD | DEV_PLUS_VID | DEV_PLUS_VID_NO_PAD Sets the way vlan-device names are created. Use vconfig without arguments to see the different formats. NOTES VLAN will use Broadcom's NICE interface when the network device supports it. This is necessary, since usually the hardware of these devices already removes the vlan tag from the ethernet packet. The set_flag option on vlan-devices created on such a physical net- work device will be ignored. Dumping the network-device will show only untagged(non-vlan) traffic, and dumping the vlan-devices will only show traffic intended for that vlan, without the tags. FILES
/proc/net/vlan/config /proc/net/vlan/[vlan-device] SEE ALSO
ip(8), ifconfig(8) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Ard van Breemen <ard@kwaak.net> The vlan patch is written by Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> VCONFIG(8)