Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Linux for beginners-SFTP a file Post 303001492 by Arnaudh78 on Friday 4th of August 2017 07:17:37 PM
Old 08-04-2017
Hello Yanisol,

Below a little script which should do the work:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

user_sftp="We1234"
pass_sftp="1234"
server_sftp="We12345@hostname.com"

cd /file2transfert/

sshpass -p $pass_sftp sftp $user_sftp@$server_sftp << !
cd FOLDER_2017/
mput RED*
exit
!

Hoping have helpedSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP vs FTP and going UNIX to LINUX

I have automated an ftp process that FTP's files from one UNIX box to another in the following format: ftp -n -v $REMOTE_SERV << EOF user $FTP_USER $FTP_PASS cd $REMOTE_PATH put $CUR_NAME $NEW_NAME bye But how can I accomplish this SFTPing from a UNIX box to a LINUX box? I've seen... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimBurke
4 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to connect SFTP(Linux) from Windows DOS

I need to write a batch script for file transfer from SFTP to Windows system. SFTP is on Linux system. I kept this code in batch file and executing it.. but not working.. Even i tried from Command prompt like this "open sftp.host.com" but getting error. Can anyone help with the code and tell me how... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohantmk
15 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

solaris or linux sftp/ftp-server

Hi, we have a big problem, history: we migrated our companies ftp and sftp-server, which were vsftp and openssh, to one server, software is called JSCAPE ftp server professional edition for the first time everything was great, but after one or two months, our uploads hang, 0 byte files are... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File locking (Unix/Linux) & sftp

Hi all, Can anyone help ...on how to ensure that a file is locked . thanks & regards, Soodoo ---------------------------------------- Problem description: - We usually use the mv command in scripts to make sure that a file is complete and not being written to by another process. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soodoo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sftp working on Linux but error on HP UX

Hi the below two line in my sh work fine in Linux but when I run it in HP UX it throws error saying "No such file or directory (-)." can anyone pleas let me know what is wrong. Any help is appreciated. INPUTFILE="$(echo ls -1t | sftp -b- $SFTPSERVER:$SFTPDIR |grep ^LK| head -1)" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murtymvvs
1 Replies

6. Linux

SFTP files to a server from Linux.

Hi, I am looking for a shell script to sftp to a file server and copy all the files from a directory after the script is run. The server name should be a user input parameter and of-course the username/password as well. Rest all should be handled by the script. I tried with below snippet:- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: happysingh
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

SFTP to VM Linux

Hi . We have customer users uploading sales data in excel format in a portal, once this file is uploaded a batch process will SFTP the file from here to a linux virtual machine and then to the mainframe . We are seeing that there are many cases where all the rows the user entered in excel file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ron5174
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sftp connection not establishing from Linux to DataPower

Hi Everyone, I am trying to send files from Linux to DataPower server using public key based authentication but it's not working as expected and every-time password expecting for sftp transfer. Can someone please help on this? Steps I fallowed: Created keys pair at source server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: renukeswar
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Which Linux Certification comes first for beginners?

I want to get a Linux Certification to start my Career in IT sector. My Qualification is MCS from a top university. Suggest me some Linux Certifications. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexwatson1711
1 Replies
libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex(3)					  libssh2 manual					  libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex - remove an SFTP directory SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> #include <libssh2_sftp.h> int libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex(LIBSSH2_SFTP *sftp, const char *path, unsigned int path_len); DESCRIPTION
Remove a directory from the remote file system. sftp - SFTP instance as returned by libssh2_sftp_init(3) sourcefile - Full path of the existing directory to remove. sourcefile_len - Length of the full path of the existing directory to remove. RETURN VALUE
Return 0 on success or negative on failure. It returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when it would otherwise block. While LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN is a negative number, it isn't really a failure per se. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_TIMEOUT - LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL - An invalid SFTP protocol response was received on the socket, or an SFTP operation caused an errorcode to be returned by the server. SEE ALSO
libssh2_sftp_init(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex(3)