Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Wordpress and Joomla hash and salt Post 303001488 by Corona688 on Friday 4th of August 2017 01:58:51 PM
Old 08-04-2017
Wordpress uses phpass, which handles salts internally and doesn't encode a separate salt in the output. I think the P$ just tells it what hash was used.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Entire hash list (hash of hashes)

I have a script with dynamic hash of hashes , and I want to print the entire hash (with all other hashes). Itried to do it recursively by checking if the current key is a hash and if yes call the current function again with refference to the sub hash. Most of the printing seems to be OK but in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alalush
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase salt size

Unix protect its password by using salt It that mean larger the salt size the more secure? if the salt size increase greatly, will the password still able to be cracked? thank you for helping (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cryogen
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning a hash to another hash key

Hello, I have a hash in hsh. I need to assign it to another hash globalHsh. I think the below statement does not work $globalHsh{$id} = %hsh; What is the right way to assign it? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsanjay
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Hash:Can not keep hash data in the same order that it was inserted

Can Someone explain me why even using Tie::IxHash I can not get the output data in the same order that it was inserted? See code below. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use Tie::IxHash; use strict; tie (my %programs, "Tie::IxHash"); while (my $line = <DATA>) { chomp $line; my(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgfcoimbra
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl hash - using a range as a hash key.

Hi, In Perl, is it possible to use a range of numbers with '..' as a key in a hash? Something in like: %hash = ( '768..1536' => '1G', '1537..2560' => '2G' ); That is, the range operation is evaluated, and all members of the range are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsw
3 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Question about openSSL and Salt

Hey all, i have an application i am developing and i would like to use the OpenSSL des3 encryption, the only problem i am having is when i need to input the second key verification. Heres what i have so far openssl des3 -salt -in /tmp -out pwenc.z | echo 1111 usually for password verification... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: code_monkey
0 Replies

7. Programming

Using a salt value

Hi, I've been reading up on using a salt value when creating a password to make it more secure, what I can't get my head round is how do you remember this salt value? I'm guessing that when a user logs in to be able to compare the password entered with the one in the database you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AimyThomas
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values of hashes of hash for n number of hash in perl without sorting.

Hi, I have an hashes of hash, where hash is dynamic, it can be n number of hash. i need to compare data_count values of all . my %result ( $abc => { 'data_count' => '10', 'ID' => 'ABC122', } $def => { 'data_count' => '20', 'ID' => 'defASe', ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically parse BibTeX and create hash of hash

Hello gurus, Iam trying to parse following BibTex file (bibliography.bib): @book{Lee2000a, abstract = {Abstract goes here}, author = {Lee, Wenke and Stolfo, Salvatore J}, title = {{Data mining approaches for intrusion detection}}, year = {2000} } @article{Forrest1996, abstract =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to print hash of hash in table format

Hi, I have a hash of hash where it has name, activities and count i have data like this - $result->{$name}->{$activities} = $value; content of that are - name - robert tom cat peter activities - running, eating, sleeping , drinking, work i need to print output as below ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
3 Replies
PASSWD(1)							      OpenSSL								 PASSWD(1)

NAME
passwd - compute password hashes SYNOPSIS
openssl passwd [-crypt] [-1] [-apr1] [-salt string] [-in file] [-stdin] [-noverify] [-quiet] [-table] {password} DESCRIPTION
The passwd command computes the hash of a password typed at run-time or the hash of each password in a list. The password list is taken from the named file for option -in file, from stdin for option -stdin, or from the command line, or from the terminal otherwise. The Unix standard algorithm crypt and the MD5-based BSD password algorithm 1 and its Apache variant apr1 are available. OPTIONS
-crypt Use the crypt algorithm (default). -1 Use the MD5 based BSD password algorithm 1. -apr1 Use the apr1 algorithm (Apache variant of the BSD algorithm). -salt string Use the specified salt. When reading a password from the terminal, this implies -noverify. -in file Read passwords from file. -stdin Read passwords from stdin. -noverify Don't verify when reading a password from the terminal. -quiet Don't output warnings when passwords given at the command line are truncated. -table In the output list, prepend the cleartext password and a TAB character to each password hash. EXAMPLES
openssl passwd -crypt -salt xx password prints xxj31ZMTZzkVA. openssl passwd -1 -salt xxxxxxxx password prints $1$xxxxxxxx$UYCIxa628.9qXjpQCjM4a.. openssl passwd -apr1 -salt xxxxxxxx password prints $apr1$xxxxxxxx$dxHfLAsjHkDRmG83UXe8K0. 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 PASSWD(1)