Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Which is your favourite desktop? Post 303001241 by milhan on Monday 31st of July 2017 08:29:32 AM
Old 07-31-2017
I installed Fedora LXDE spin about 6 months ago on my Dell 17-inch workstation, and so far so good.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

i cant get to my desktop

i just tryed to install solaris 10.. it installed fine.. but when i restarted it and tried to use it.. i get a message that says: The X server cannot be started on display :0... what do i do? :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiimcody1
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cant get into desktop

I am a newb linux user. And i am running suse 9.3 pro. When i first installed it a couple of days ago, it booted into the desktop fine the first four or five times. And not when i turn on my computer and boot linux and loads the devices, then it prompts me... UserName: Password: (which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: derekmpage
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

desktop apperances

i want to change my desktop to a darker look been to gnomelook.org and ubuntulook.org even deviant art but seem not able to find anything i like is there anybody out there that might be able to steer me into the right direction ? i know about how gtk works browsed what is available out there but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksnovice
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Which OS you use for Desktop

I am on Solaris 10 cat /etc/release Solaris 10 10/09 s10x_u8wos_08a X86 Copyright 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to license terms. Assembled 16 September 2009 (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
16 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Which is best OS for Desktop

We are going to use Linux Desktop systems. Which one will be the best option ? I prefer CentOS , but in CentOS which one ? I heard fedora will take more Ram space..!! is it ? P.S 1. Users are developers , with eclipse , java , tomcat webserver etc. 2. System Configuration ~: 2GB ,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
8 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

What is your favourite movie at the moment?

Hi, guys. What is your favourite movie at the moment? Which movie are you watching? I am watching the Thor:) (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tinna
17 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Favourite Games console

So what is everyones all time favourite games console and why do you like it? (Please - no comments on why they are better than others as that would be opinion based and cause arguments, positive comments only) (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
28 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Your favourite computer games....

Hi all, there have been a tremendous evolution in the computer games from games like Tetris or DAVE or Prince of Persia or wolf3d... to Call of Duty or BattleField or tomb raider etc etc so let us know the games which you liked the most.... you can also mention about the gaming rig you... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
32 Replies
pthread_spin_destroy(3C)				   Standard C Library Functions 				  pthread_spin_destroy(3C)

NAME
pthread_spin_destroy, pthread_spin_init - destroy or initialize a spin lock object SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> int pthread_spin_destroy(pthread_spinlock_t *lock); int pthread_spin_init(pthread_spinlock_t *lock, int pshared); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_spin_destroy() function destroys the spin lock referenced by lock and release any resources used by the lock. The effect of subsequent use of the lock is undefined until the lock is reinitialized by another call to pthread_spin_init(). The results are undefined if pthread_spin_destroy() is called when a thread holds the lock, or if this function is called with an uninitialized thread spin lock. The pthread_spin_init() function allocates any resources required to use the spin lock referenced by lock and initialize the lock to an unlocked state. If the Thread Process-Shared Synchronization option is supported and the value of pshared is PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED, the spin lock can be operated upon by any thread that has access to the memory where the spin lock is allocated, even if it is allocated in memory that is shared by multiple processes. If the Thread Process-Shared Synchronization option is supported and the value of pshared is PTHREAD_PROCESS_PRIVATE, or if the option is not supported, the spin lock can only be operated upon by threads created within the same process as the thread that initialized the spin lock. If threads of differing processes attempt to operate on such a spin lock, the behavior is undefined. The results are undefined if pthread_spin_init() is called specifying an already initialized spin lock. The results are undefined if a spin lock is used without first being initialized. If the pthread_spin_init() function fails, the lock is not initialized and the contents of lock are undefined. Only the object referenced by lock can be used for performing synchronization. The result of referring to copies of that object in calls to pthread_spin_destroy(), pthread_spin_lock(3C), pthread_spin_trylock(3C), or pthread_spin_unlock(3C) is undefined. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
The pthread_spin_init() function will fail if: EAGAIN The system lacks the necessary resources to initialize another spin lock. These functions may fail if: EBUSY The system has detected an attempt to initialize or destroy a spin lock while it is in use (for example, while being used in a pthread_spin_lock() call) by another thread. EINVAL The value specified by lock is invalid. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pthread_spin_lock(3C), pthread_spin_unlock(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 pthread_spin_destroy(3C)