Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Encrypting interconnect
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing Encrypting interconnect Post 303001061 by fiberkill on Wednesday 26th of July 2017 05:15:43 AM
Old 07-26-2017
Network Encrypting interconnect

Hi,

i've got a qusetion regarding interconnect of compute nodes.
In our company we are running a Simulation Cluster which is administrated by the Simulation department. Now our central IT requires to encrypt the interconnect of the compute nodes.

Does anybody in that business encrypt the interconnect with ssh or something else?

cheers fk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

encrypting Unix flatfile

Hi, I am new to unix. I have a flat file that needs to be pgp encyrpted in ASCII format and ftped in Ascii format to remote location. Can any one tell me the steps involved in the pgp encryption of the unix file. I will really appreciate if any one can help me with the pgp encryption shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
1 Replies

2. AIX

Encrypting password

I have a strange question for someone regarding the AIX 5.2 environment. Here is the scenerio: I have a script that is running a menu full of options. 1. I like food 2. I don't like food Enter Option:_ Enter userID:_ Enter Password:_ (The menu is conversational only so go with me on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Justman
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Encrypting a script......

Hiiiiii..... every one..... I have written a script, and i want to make that script confidential.So that, only i can see that script. I am using " crypt " command in solaris 9, to encrypt that script.But when i am executing this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantshukla
6 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

Normal (not crossover) cable for Sun cluster interconnect..

Hi grus, has anybody tried for Sun cluster interconnect normal cable ,, I mean not interconnect .. What do u think ..does it support this ? Not long ago I tried Veritas cluster and its interconnections work great with normal cable .. I wonder what will Sun cluster say to it :)) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypting the password

Iam using the teradata... and running the scripts in unix, I wan to encrypt the teradata password in Unix... my hostname is : bprod usename: KRN777 passwrd: passwrd can ant one tell me the exact command to encrypth the passwrd.... thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Cluster interconnect, adapter configuration

Hello I have problem with scinstall. I found information that i should`t configure public network before using scinstall. Each node configuration: 4 node, 3 network adapter on each node. 1 for public adapter and 2 for cluster interconnect. Two switches. After scinstall first node is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: time0ut
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypting password

Hello All, I need to accept a password from the user and validate it, without having to hard-code it anywhere. Any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: optimus_1
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

How to interconnect two Asterisk Servers with a SIP trunk Internationally

How to interconnect two Asterisk Servers with a SIP trunk Internationally Is it possible to setup an asterisk box in ex. Colombia S.A and another in the USA, setting up trunks between the boxes to speak to each other via sip or aix, create extensions, forward any incoming call on that local... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

9. Programming

Encrypting/Decrypting passwords

I know that simply encrypting and decrypting passwords in a script is as bad as storing them in plain text, but I've been searching for an answer to this for a few days now, and haven't found an answer that fits the problem I'm having. Here's the scenario. I'll give more details than I think may... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdrisser
3 Replies

10. IP Networking

Local link ip addresses for private interconnect and public vip

Hello, In case an interface fails I understand that the local link ip address fail over to another interface .I just want to understand that how to check if local link ip address is configured for an interface . Best regards, Vishal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
1 Replies
rsm_get_interconnect_topology(3RSM)		      Remote Shared Memory Library Functions		       rsm_get_interconnect_topology(3RSM)

NAME
rsm_get_interconnect_topology, rsm_free_interconnect_topology - get or free interconnect topology SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lrsm [ library... ] #include <rsmapi.h> int rsm_get_interconnect_topology(rsm_topology_t **topology_data); void rsm_free_interconnect_topology(rsm_topology_t *topology_data); DESCRIPTION
The rsm_get_interconnect_topology(3RSM) and rsm_free_interconnect_topology(3RSM) functions provide for access to the interconnect con- troller and connection data. The key interconnect data required for export and import operations includes the respective cluster nodeids and the controller names. To facilitate applications in the establishment of proper and efficient export and import policies, a delineation of the interconnect topology is provided by this interface. The data provided includes local nodeid, local controller name, its hardware address, and remote connection specification for each local controller. An application component exporting memory can thus find the set of existing local controllers and correctly assign controllers for the creation and publishing of segments. Exported segments may also be efficiently distributed over the set of controllers consistent with the hardware interconnect and application software. An application com- ponent which is to import memory must be informed of the segment id(s) and controller(s) used in the exporting of memory, this needs to be done using some out-of-band mechanism. The topology data structures are defined in the <rsmapi.h> header. The rsm_get_interconnect_topology() returns a pointer to the topology data in a location specified by the topology_data argument. The rsm_free_interconnect_topology() frees the resources allocated by rsm_get_interconnect_topology(). RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, rsm_get_interconnect_topology() returns 0. Otherwise, an error value is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
The rsm_get_interconnect_topology() function can return the following errors: RSMERR_BAD_TOPOLOGY_PTR Invalid topology pointer. RSMERR_INSUFFICIENT_MEM Insufficient memory. RSMERR_BAD_ADDR Bad address. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 8 Jun 2001 rsm_get_interconnect_topology(3RSM)