Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Syntax problem Oracle
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Syntax problem Oracle Post 303000820 by cero on Thursday 20th of July 2017 10:07:46 AM
Old 07-20-2017
Your goal is to loop through all tables in schema HR, count the records and display the results? The reason your procedure shows the error is because tab_var and not the content of the variable with that name is treated as the tablename for the SELECT statement.
You'll have to use dynamic SQL for your task:
Code:
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE tab_row_count
AS
   v_row_count NUMBER;
BEGIN
   FOR c_tables IN (SELECT table_name 
                      FROM user_tables)
   LOOP
      EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ' || c_tables.table_name INTO v_row_count;
      dbms_output.put_line('There are ' || v_row_count || ' rows in table ' || c_tables.table_name);
   END LOOP;
END;
/

EDIT: seems like Gandof989 was a few minutes faster but came to the same conclusion Smilie

Last edited by cero; 07-20-2017 at 11:17 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to cero For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem

dear friends, I have a large size file containg two fields data like this *** **** 122 222 ***** ***** ***** ***** 232 233 i have file like this. i want to remove blank lines from file . i think awk is servive this problem i wrote a awk command but the error is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem

Dear friends, I am writing shell script in csh . i want to make arthimatic operation in csh. i wrote sysntax like this. set val = 230 set tmp = `0.1 * $val + 300` echo $tmp but it is not working . anyone please give me syntax. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle like syntax required

m kinda new to unix. i have been trying to write a script where i am trying to switch between users. but the problem is that the syntax like USERNAME/PASSWORD (like oracle SCOT/TIGER) is not working. if i write su USERNAME then the script goes to the command prompt and asks for user to enter... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellBoy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem grepping?

I am calculating a time and appending a space in front of it to get only certain records in a file because the times are represented in HH:II:SS format and I don't want to see anything other than the actual hour and minute combination (hence appending the space to the front of the time). My... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for Sed Syntax problem

I have one File named "txt_file" # cat txt_file <DBType>RT</DBType> <AppType>RT</AppType> -------------------------------------------------- I want replace "<AppType>RT</AppType>" to <AppType>XY</AppType> in txt_file and output redirect to Newfile ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CShell Syntax Problem

Hi guys, Basically I'm trying to write a CShell script that calls an awk script on a given directory (given in command-line). I keep getting a syntax error with my code though: #!/bin/csh set dir = $ARGV foreach file ( $dir/* ) set output = 'awk -f /Desktop/aal $file' echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROFL
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Problem with awk

Hello, I have perl script,which take some part of data in the file. the below command works fine in normal cmd prompt. `awk '/CDI/ && // && !/Result for/ {print $3 $5 > "final.txt"}' datalist.txt`; `nawk -F"" '{print $2}' finalcdi.txt`; But not working. Please use code tags, thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rasingraj
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with if-else syntax

I'm calling the following if-else from nawk. But I keep getting an error at the "else". I've tried putting more brackets and ; but still I get complaints about the "else". Any ideas ? Thanks, wbrunc BEGIN { FS = "," ; OFS = "," } { if ( $8 ~ /A/ && $9 == B ) $1="4/29/2013" ; $2="J.Doe"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbrunc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk syntax problem

Hi, I am using this awk command in my shell script : find . -name "*" -ctime -6 | xargs cat | grep -E -v ^fileName\|^\(\) | awk -v DATE="${CURR_DATE}" -v DATE_LOG=$DATE_SYS 'BEGIN {FS=";";OFS=";";CONVFMT="%.9g";OFMT="%.9g"}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem with syntax

awk -v sw="lemons|dogs" 'NR>100 && NR<200 BEGIN { c=split(sw,a,""); } { for (w in a) { if ($0 ~ a) d]++; } } END { for (i in a) { o=o (a"="(d]?d]:0)","); } sub(",*$","",o); print o; }' /home/jahitt/data.txt what am i doing wrong with the above code? im pretty sure the issue is in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle - parser for Oracle SYNOPSIS
use SQL::Translator; use SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle; my $translator = SQL::Translator->new; $translator->parser("SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle"); DESCRIPTION
From http://www.ss64.com/ora/table_c.html: CREATE [GLOBAL TEMPORARY] TABLE [schema.]table (tbl_defs,...) [ON COMMIT {DELETE|PRESERVE} ROWS] [storage_options | CLUSTER cluster_name (col1, col2,... ) | ORGANIZATION {HEAP [storage_options] | INDEX idx_organized_tbl_clause}] [LOB_storage_clause][varray_clause][nested_storage_clause] partitioning_options [[NO]CACHE] [[NO]MONITORING] [PARALLEL parallel_clause] [ENABLE enable_clause | DISABLE disable_clause] [AS subquery] tbl_defs: column datatype [DEFAULT expr] [column_constraint(s)] table_ref_constraint storage_options: PCTFREE int PCTUSED int INITTRANS int MAXTRANS int STORAGE storage_clause TABLESPACE tablespace [LOGGING|NOLOGGING] idx_organized_tbl_clause: storage_option(s) [PCTTHRESHOLD int] [COMPRESS int|NOCOMPRESS] [ [INCLUDING column_name] OVERFLOW [storage_option(s)] ] nested_storage_clause: NESTED TABLE nested_item STORE AS storage_table [RETURN AS {LOCATOR|VALUE} ] partitioning_options: Partition_clause {ENABLE|DISABLE} ROW MOVEMENT Column Constraints (http://www.ss64.com/ora/clause_constraint_col.html) CONSTRAINT constrnt_name {UNIQUE|PRIMARY KEY} constrnt_state CONSTRAINT constrnt_name CHECK(condition) constrnt_state CONSTRAINT constrnt_name [NOT] NULL constrnt_state CONSTRAINT constrnt_name REFERENCES [schema.]table[(column)] [ON DELETE {CASCADE|SET NULL}] constrnt_state constrnt_state [[NOT] DEFERRABLE] [INITIALLY {IMMEDIATE|DEFERRED}] [RELY | NORELY] [USING INDEX using_index_clause] [ENABLE|DISABLE] [VALIDATE|NOVALIDATE] [EXCEPTIONS INTO [schema.]table] Note that probably not all of the above syntax is supported, but the grammar was altered to better handle the syntax created by DDL::Oracle. AUTHOR
Ken Youens-Clark <kclark@cpan.org>. SEE ALSO
SQL::Translator, Parse::RecDescent, DDL::Oracle. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-18 SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle(3pm)