Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Syntax problem Oracle
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Syntax problem Oracle Post 303000819 by gandolf989 on Thursday 20th of July 2017 09:58:13 AM
Old 07-20-2017
Here is the updated code with the implicit cursor. You can take out the filter "WHERE rownum < 8". Let me know what your grade is. I should get some credit.

Code:
sys@test> CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE TAB_ROW_COUNT
  2  AS
  3   tab_var  VARCHAR2(4000);
  4   ct_var   NUMBER;
  5   CURSOR c1 IS
  6      SELECT table_name
  7        FROM user_tables
  8       WHERE rownum < 8;
  9  BEGIN
 10     FOR tab_var IN c1
 11     LOOP
 12        EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'SELECT COUNT(*) cnt FROM '||tab_var.table_name INTO ct_var;
 13        DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('There are ' || TO_CHAR(ct_var, '999,999') || ' rows in ' || tab_var.table_name || ' table');
 14     END LOOP;
 15  END;
 16  /

Procedure created.

Elapsed: 00:00:00.02
sys@test>
sys@test> EXEC TAB_ROW_COUNT;
There are    4,119 rows in TAB$ table
There are       10 rows in CLU$ table
There are        0 rows in FET$ table
There are        0 rows in UET$ table
There are   12,042 rows in SEG$ table
There are       29 rows in UNDO$ table
There are       13 rows in TS$ table

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

Elapsed: 00:00:00.01

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem

dear friends, I have a large size file containg two fields data like this *** **** 122 222 ***** ***** ***** ***** 232 233 i have file like this. i want to remove blank lines from file . i think awk is servive this problem i wrote a awk command but the error is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem

Dear friends, I am writing shell script in csh . i want to make arthimatic operation in csh. i wrote sysntax like this. set val = 230 set tmp = `0.1 * $val + 300` echo $tmp but it is not working . anyone please give me syntax. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle like syntax required

m kinda new to unix. i have been trying to write a script where i am trying to switch between users. but the problem is that the syntax like USERNAME/PASSWORD (like oracle SCOT/TIGER) is not working. if i write su USERNAME then the script goes to the command prompt and asks for user to enter... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellBoy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem grepping?

I am calculating a time and appending a space in front of it to get only certain records in a file because the times are represented in HH:II:SS format and I don't want to see anything other than the actual hour and minute combination (hence appending the space to the front of the time). My... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for Sed Syntax problem

I have one File named "txt_file" # cat txt_file <DBType>RT</DBType> <AppType>RT</AppType> -------------------------------------------------- I want replace "<AppType>RT</AppType>" to <AppType>XY</AppType> in txt_file and output redirect to Newfile ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CShell Syntax Problem

Hi guys, Basically I'm trying to write a CShell script that calls an awk script on a given directory (given in command-line). I keep getting a syntax error with my code though: #!/bin/csh set dir = $ARGV foreach file ( $dir/* ) set output = 'awk -f /Desktop/aal $file' echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROFL
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Problem with awk

Hello, I have perl script,which take some part of data in the file. the below command works fine in normal cmd prompt. `awk '/CDI/ && // && !/Result for/ {print $3 $5 > "final.txt"}' datalist.txt`; `nawk -F"" '{print $2}' finalcdi.txt`; But not working. Please use code tags, thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rasingraj
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with if-else syntax

I'm calling the following if-else from nawk. But I keep getting an error at the "else". I've tried putting more brackets and ; but still I get complaints about the "else". Any ideas ? Thanks, wbrunc BEGIN { FS = "," ; OFS = "," } { if ( $8 ~ /A/ && $9 == B ) $1="4/29/2013" ; $2="J.Doe"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbrunc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk syntax problem

Hi, I am using this awk command in my shell script : find . -name "*" -ctime -6 | xargs cat | grep -E -v ^fileName\|^\(\) | awk -v DATE="${CURR_DATE}" -v DATE_LOG=$DATE_SYS 'BEGIN {FS=";";OFS=";";CONVFMT="%.9g";OFMT="%.9g"}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem with syntax

awk -v sw="lemons|dogs" 'NR>100 && NR<200 BEGIN { c=split(sw,a,""); } { for (w in a) { if ($0 ~ a) d]++; } } END { for (i in a) { o=o (a"="(d]?d]:0)","); } sub(",*$","",o); print o; }' /home/jahitt/data.txt what am i doing wrong with the above code? im pretty sure the issue is in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	  DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins - Oracle joins in WHERE syntax support (instead of ANSI). PURPOSE
This module is used with Oracle < 9.0 due to lack of support for standard ANSI join syntax. SYNOPSIS
DBIx::Class should automagically detect Oracle and use this module with no work from you. DESCRIPTION
This class implements Oracle's WhereJoin support. Instead of: SELECT x FROM y JOIN z ON y.id = z.id It will write: SELECT x FROM y, z WHERE y.id = z.id It should properly support left joins, and right joins. Full outer joins are not possible due to the fact that Oracle requires the entire query be written to union the results of a left and right join, and by the time this module is called to create the where query and table definition part of the SQL query, it's already too late. METHODS
See DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins for implementation details. BUGS
Does not support full outer joins. Probably lots more. SEE ALSO
DBIx::Class::SQLMaker DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::Generic DBIx::Class AUTHOR
Justin Wheeler "<jwheeler@datademons.com>" CONTRIBUTORS
David Jack Olrik "<djo@cpan.org>" LICENSE
This module is licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-07-12 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)