Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Syntax problem Oracle
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Syntax problem Oracle Post 303000819 by gandolf989 on Thursday 20th of July 2017 09:58:13 AM
Old 07-20-2017
Here is the updated code with the implicit cursor. You can take out the filter "WHERE rownum < 8". Let me know what your grade is. I should get some credit.

Code:
sys@test> CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE TAB_ROW_COUNT
  2  AS
  3   tab_var  VARCHAR2(4000);
  4   ct_var   NUMBER;
  5   CURSOR c1 IS
  6      SELECT table_name
  7        FROM user_tables
  8       WHERE rownum < 8;
  9  BEGIN
 10     FOR tab_var IN c1
 11     LOOP
 12        EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'SELECT COUNT(*) cnt FROM '||tab_var.table_name INTO ct_var;
 13        DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('There are ' || TO_CHAR(ct_var, '999,999') || ' rows in ' || tab_var.table_name || ' table');
 14     END LOOP;
 15  END;
 16  /

Procedure created.

Elapsed: 00:00:00.02
sys@test>
sys@test> EXEC TAB_ROW_COUNT;
There are    4,119 rows in TAB$ table
There are       10 rows in CLU$ table
There are        0 rows in FET$ table
There are        0 rows in UET$ table
There are   12,042 rows in SEG$ table
There are       29 rows in UNDO$ table
There are       13 rows in TS$ table

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

Elapsed: 00:00:00.01

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem

dear friends, I have a large size file containg two fields data like this *** **** 122 222 ***** ***** ***** ***** 232 233 i have file like this. i want to remove blank lines from file . i think awk is servive this problem i wrote a awk command but the error is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem

Dear friends, I am writing shell script in csh . i want to make arthimatic operation in csh. i wrote sysntax like this. set val = 230 set tmp = `0.1 * $val + 300` echo $tmp but it is not working . anyone please give me syntax. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle like syntax required

m kinda new to unix. i have been trying to write a script where i am trying to switch between users. but the problem is that the syntax like USERNAME/PASSWORD (like oracle SCOT/TIGER) is not working. if i write su USERNAME then the script goes to the command prompt and asks for user to enter... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellBoy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem grepping?

I am calculating a time and appending a space in front of it to get only certain records in a file because the times are represented in HH:II:SS format and I don't want to see anything other than the actual hour and minute combination (hence appending the space to the front of the time). My... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for Sed Syntax problem

I have one File named "txt_file" # cat txt_file <DBType>RT</DBType> <AppType>RT</AppType> -------------------------------------------------- I want replace "<AppType>RT</AppType>" to <AppType>XY</AppType> in txt_file and output redirect to Newfile ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CShell Syntax Problem

Hi guys, Basically I'm trying to write a CShell script that calls an awk script on a given directory (given in command-line). I keep getting a syntax error with my code though: #!/bin/csh set dir = $ARGV foreach file ( $dir/* ) set output = 'awk -f /Desktop/aal $file' echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROFL
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Problem with awk

Hello, I have perl script,which take some part of data in the file. the below command works fine in normal cmd prompt. `awk '/CDI/ && // && !/Result for/ {print $3 $5 > "final.txt"}' datalist.txt`; `nawk -F"" '{print $2}' finalcdi.txt`; But not working. Please use code tags, thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rasingraj
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with if-else syntax

I'm calling the following if-else from nawk. But I keep getting an error at the "else". I've tried putting more brackets and ; but still I get complaints about the "else". Any ideas ? Thanks, wbrunc BEGIN { FS = "," ; OFS = "," } { if ( $8 ~ /A/ && $9 == B ) $1="4/29/2013" ; $2="J.Doe"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbrunc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk syntax problem

Hi, I am using this awk command in my shell script : find . -name "*" -ctime -6 | xargs cat | grep -E -v ^fileName\|^\(\) | awk -v DATE="${CURR_DATE}" -v DATE_LOG=$DATE_SYS 'BEGIN {FS=";";OFS=";";CONVFMT="%.9g";OFMT="%.9g"}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem with syntax

awk -v sw="lemons|dogs" 'NR>100 && NR<200 BEGIN { c=split(sw,a,""); } { for (w in a) { if ($0 ~ a) d]++; } } END { for (i in a) { o=o (a"="(d]?d]:0)","); } sub(",*$","",o); print o; }' /home/jahitt/data.txt what am i doing wrong with the above code? im pretty sure the issue is in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
DB2_NUM_ROWS(3) 							 1							   DB2_NUM_ROWS(3)

db2_num_rows - Returns the number of rows affected by an SQL statement

SYNOPSIS
int db2_num_rows (resource $stmt) DESCRIPTION
Returns the number of rows deleted, inserted, or updated by an SQL statement. To determine the number of rows that will be returned by a SELECT statement, issue SELECT COUNT(*) with the same predicates as your intended SELECT statement and retrieve the value. If your application logic checks the number of rows returned by a SELECT statement and branches if the number of rows is 0, consider modi- fying your application to attempt to return the first row with one of db2_fetch_assoc(3), db2_fetch_both(3), db2_fetch_array(3), or db2_fetch_row(3), and branch if the fetch function returns FALSE. Note If you issue a SELECT statement using a scrollable cursor, db2_num_rows(3) returns the number of rows returned by the SELECT state- ment. However, the overhead associated with scrollable cursors significantly degrades the performance of your application, so if this is the only reason you are considering using scrollable cursors, you should use a forward-only cursor and either call SELECT COUNT(*) or rely on the boolean return value of the fetch functions to achieve the equivalent functionality with much better perfor- mance. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - A valid stmt resource containing a result set. RETURN VALUES
Returns the number of rows affected by the last SQL statement issued by the specified statement handle. PHP Documentation Group DB2_NUM_ROWS(3)