Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Script creates additional file Post 303000813 by rbatte1 on Thursday 20th of July 2017 06:41:57 AM
Old 07-20-2017
You haven't said what shell you are using. If this is ksh or plain sh, then the test you are performing in your if statement is still not valid. The double [ and ] suggested are bash. You are saying something like "If the value of $DAY is not null (always true for your code) create or replace the file 15"

You have a redirector, > where you need an expression. Have a look at the manual page for test to see them all. I think you need:-
Code:
if [ $DAY -gt 15 ];then

I have removed the quotes from $DAY so it is not necessarily a string to do a numeric comparison, but the issue now is that if $DAY is null or unset, the if statement is again invalid, so you need to be certain it is set to something.

I hope that this helps,
Robin
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed in script creates output file ending with '?' (^M)

Hi, I'm trying to use sed within a shell script (bash, running ubuntu). The command works fine from the command line, but when I use it within the script, rather than creating a file with the name I've specified, it creates one that ends with a question mark '?' when you use ls, e.g.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennykay
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script creates empty line

I have the following awk script to which I pass the file > 10 0 0 10 0 0 > 12.997 0 5.71132 12.9098 0.0687626 5.48855 12.7506 0.174324 5.13225 12.5913 0.262662 4.80643 12.4316 0.335652 4.50283 12.2717 0.394598 4.21542 12.1113 0.440399 3.93957 11.9506 0.473646 3.67148 11.7894... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script sometimes creates an empty file

I have a script that runs ditto for me, and occasionally (if I exit the script while ditto is running in the background) it will leave an empty file named 0 in the script's directory. The next time I run the script, it generates incorrect data because of this file. I know I can easily insert a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reid
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script sometimes creates an empty file

I have a script that runs ditto for me, and occasionally (if I exit the script while ditto is running in the background) it will leave an empty file named 0 in the script's directory. The next time I run the script, it generates incorrect data because of this file. I know I can easily insert a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reid
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that creates directory structure

Hi All, I have a script that does daily checks on my storage environment and is run from an AIX host. The script currently works great but I have been changing and updating bits of it to make it easier for my lesser colleagues to understand :p However now with the updates I have made I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colinwilson1303
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extraction of .tar.gz creates additional unwanted directories

I'm working on a project that requires me to compress then relocate directories to a different location based on their last date of modification. After running the script I check to see if it worked, and upon unzipping the tar.gz using I created everything that should be there is. I then performed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lock file creates with '?'

Hi, I am trying to create a lock file with the following code but for some reason after file is created it has wrong name "PASP?.lock??" Please let us know how to get rid of these '??' from file name and from where they are coming? #!/bin/ksh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a script that creates a 1GB file with zeros using dd

I am new to Linux. Using latest version of Ubuntu. I want to make a script that creates a 1GB file filled with zeros using dd and then formats the file as vfat with a label of "MYFILE". If anyone can help me it would be appreciated. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: paviter619
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

In the script I get additional file, which I don't expect do get

I have the following script #!/bin/sh Usage () { echo "Usage: $0 <config_file>" echo "Example: ./sftp_ondemand_daily.sh /export/data/mbsesb/config/ond emand.cfg /export/data/mbsesb/config/filename.lst" exit 1 } if then Usage fi ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a script that creates a 1GB file with zeros using dd

I am new to Linux. Using latest version of Ubuntu. I want to make a script that creates a 1GB file filled with zeros using dd and then formats the file as vfat with a label of "MYFILE". If anyone can help me it would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amandasaza08
1 Replies
DLAGTS(l)								 )								 DLAGTS(l)

NAME
DLAGTS - may be used to solve one of the systems of equations (T - lambda*I)*x = y or (T - lambda*I)'*x = y, SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE DLAGTS( JOB, N, A, B, C, D, IN, Y, TOL, INFO ) INTEGER INFO, JOB, N DOUBLE PRECISION TOL INTEGER IN( * ) DOUBLE PRECISION A( * ), B( * ), C( * ), D( * ), Y( * ) PURPOSE
DLAGTS may be used to solve one of the systems of equations (T - lambda*I)*x = y or (T - lambda*I)'*x = y, where T is an n by n tridiagonal matrix, for x, following the factorization of (T - lambda*I) as (T - lambda*I) = P*L*U , by routine DLAGTF. The choice of equation to be solved is controlled by the argument JOB, and in each case there is an option to perturb zero or very small diagonal elements of U, this option being intended for use in applications such as inverse iteration. ARGUMENTS
JOB (input) INTEGER Specifies the job to be performed by DLAGTS as follows: = 1: The equations (T - lambda*I)x = y are to be solved, but diagonal elements of U are not to be perturbed. = -1: The equa- tions (T - lambda*I)x = y are to be solved and, if overflow would otherwise occur, the diagonal elements of U are to be per- turbed. See argument TOL below. = 2: The equations (T - lambda*I)'x = y are to be solved, but diagonal elements of U are not to be perturbed. = -2: The equations (T - lambda*I)'x = y are to be solved and, if overflow would otherwise occur, the diagonal elements of U are to be perturbed. See argument TOL below. N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix T. A (input) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) On entry, A must contain the diagonal elements of U as returned from DLAGTF. B (input) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N-1) On entry, B must contain the first super-diagonal elements of U as returned from DLAGTF. C (input) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N-1) On entry, C must contain the sub-diagonal elements of L as returned from DLAGTF. D (input) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N-2) On entry, D must contain the second super-diagonal elements of U as returned from DLAGTF. IN (input) INTEGER array, dimension (N) On entry, IN must contain details of the matrix P as returned from DLAGTF. Y (input/output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) On entry, the right hand side vector y. On exit, Y is overwritten by the solution vector x. TOL (input/output) DOUBLE PRECISION On entry, with JOB .lt. 0, TOL should be the minimum perturbation to be made to very small diagonal elements of U. TOL should normally be chosen as about eps*norm(U), where eps is the relative machine precision, but if TOL is supplied as non-positive, then it is reset to eps*max( abs( u(i,j) ) ). If JOB .gt. 0 then TOL is not referenced. On exit, TOL is changed as described above, only if TOL is non-positive on entry. Otherwise TOL is unchanged. INFO (output) INTEGER = 0 : successful exit element of the solution vector x. This can only occur when JOB is supplied as positive and either means that a diagonal element of U is very small, or that the elements of the right-hand side vector y are very large. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 DLAGTS(l)