Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Syntax problem Oracle
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Syntax problem Oracle Post 303000724 by bdby on Tuesday 18th of July 2017 02:10:51 PM
Old 07-18-2017
Syntax problem Oracle

Hi All,
I have a syntax problem with a procedure in oracle. I am looking to just produce the number of rows
from each table located in the HR schema nothing complex. This procedure works great up to dbms_output.put_line(tab_var); where it lists the names of each table in the user schema.
My problem lies in the next line: select count(*) into ct_var from tab_var; which produces the
following error:
Code:
LINE/COL ERROR
-------- -----------------------------------------------------------------
19/2 PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored
19/35 PL/SQL: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

I am thinking with a fresh pair of eyes someone can see where the sytax error is. This is just
for practice.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Created as the HR user in the HR schema. Not sys or system

Code:
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE TAB_ROW_COUNT 
AS
 tab_var  varchar2(4000);
 ct_var   number;
 cursor c1 is select table_name from user_tables ;
 begin
  open c1; 
 for i in 1..7  loop
  fetch c1 into tab_var;
  dbms_output.put_line(tab_var);
  --select count(*) into ct_var from tab_var;
  --dbms_output.put_line('There are ' || ct_var || 'rows in' || tab_var 'table');

end loop;
end;
/

Last edited by rbatte1; 07-19-2017 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: Added ICODE tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem

dear friends, I have a large size file containg two fields data like this *** **** 122 222 ***** ***** ***** ***** 232 233 i have file like this. i want to remove blank lines from file . i think awk is servive this problem i wrote a awk command but the error is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem

Dear friends, I am writing shell script in csh . i want to make arthimatic operation in csh. i wrote sysntax like this. set val = 230 set tmp = `0.1 * $val + 300` echo $tmp but it is not working . anyone please give me syntax. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle like syntax required

m kinda new to unix. i have been trying to write a script where i am trying to switch between users. but the problem is that the syntax like USERNAME/PASSWORD (like oracle SCOT/TIGER) is not working. if i write su USERNAME then the script goes to the command prompt and asks for user to enter... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellBoy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem grepping?

I am calculating a time and appending a space in front of it to get only certain records in a file because the times are represented in HH:II:SS format and I don't want to see anything other than the actual hour and minute combination (hence appending the space to the front of the time). My... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for Sed Syntax problem

I have one File named "txt_file" # cat txt_file <DBType>RT</DBType> <AppType>RT</AppType> -------------------------------------------------- I want replace "<AppType>RT</AppType>" to <AppType>XY</AppType> in txt_file and output redirect to Newfile ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CShell Syntax Problem

Hi guys, Basically I'm trying to write a CShell script that calls an awk script on a given directory (given in command-line). I keep getting a syntax error with my code though: #!/bin/csh set dir = $ARGV foreach file ( $dir/* ) set output = 'awk -f /Desktop/aal $file' echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROFL
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Problem with awk

Hello, I have perl script,which take some part of data in the file. the below command works fine in normal cmd prompt. `awk '/CDI/ && // && !/Result for/ {print $3 $5 > "final.txt"}' datalist.txt`; `nawk -F"" '{print $2}' finalcdi.txt`; But not working. Please use code tags, thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rasingraj
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with if-else syntax

I'm calling the following if-else from nawk. But I keep getting an error at the "else". I've tried putting more brackets and ; but still I get complaints about the "else". Any ideas ? Thanks, wbrunc BEGIN { FS = "," ; OFS = "," } { if ( $8 ~ /A/ && $9 == B ) $1="4/29/2013" ; $2="J.Doe"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbrunc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk syntax problem

Hi, I am using this awk command in my shell script : find . -name "*" -ctime -6 | xargs cat | grep -E -v ^fileName\|^\(\) | awk -v DATE="${CURR_DATE}" -v DATE_LOG=$DATE_SYS 'BEGIN {FS=";";OFS=";";CONVFMT="%.9g";OFMT="%.9g"}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem with syntax

awk -v sw="lemons|dogs" 'NR>100 && NR<200 BEGIN { c=split(sw,a,""); } { for (w in a) { if ($0 ~ a) d]++; } } END { for (i in a) { o=o (a"="(d]?d]:0)","); } sub(",*$","",o); print o; }' /home/jahitt/data.txt what am i doing wrong with the above code? im pretty sure the issue is in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
Session::Oracle(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Session::Oracle(3)

NAME
Apache::Session::Oracle - An implementation of Apache::Session SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Oracle; #if you want Apache::Session to open new DB handles: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Oracle:sessions', UserName => $db_user, Password => $db_pass, Commit => 1 }; #or, if your handles are already opened: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { Handle => $dbh, Commit => 1 }; DESCRIPTION
This module is an implementation of Apache::Session. It uses the Oracle backing store and no locking. See the example, and the documentation for Apache::Session::Store::Oracle for more details. USAGE
The special Apache::Session argument for this module is Commit. You MUST provide the Commit argument, which instructs this module to either commit the transaction when it is finished, or to simply do nothing. This feature is provided so that this module will not have adverse interactions with your local transaction policy, nor your local database handle caching policy. The argument is mandatory in order to make you think about this problem. This module also respects the LongReadLen argument, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not specified, the default maximum is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This module was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org>. SEE ALSO
Apache::Session::File, Apache::Session::Flex, Apache::Session::DB_File, Apache::Session::Postgres, Apache::Session perl v5.12.1 2007-09-28 Session::Oracle(3)