Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \) Post 303000618 by MadeInGermany on Sunday 16th of July 2017 03:17:15 AM
Old 07-16-2017
After -prune there must be -o (or, otherwise) in order to continue with files or non-pruned directories. Then if not a directory and name ends with pdf and name does not have _nobackup then print. The print must be there, otherwise there would be a default print also for the pruned directories.
Code:
find . -type d -name "*_nobackup" -prune -o !  -type d -name "*.[Pp][Dd][Ff]" ! -name "*_nobackup.*" -print

Of course -name "*.[Pp][Dd][Ff]" is identical with -iname "*.PDF", but the latter is not implemented on some Unix find.
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find . -printf" without prepended "." path? Getting path to current working directory?

If I enter (simplified): find . -printf "%p\n" then all files in the output are prepended by a "." like ./local/share/test23.log How can achieve that a.) the leading "./" is omitted and/or b.) the full path to the current directory is inserted (enclosed by brackets and a blank)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies

5. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
XFIG-PDF-VIEWER(1)						Debian Users Manual						XFIG-PDF-VIEWER(1)

NAME
xfig-pdf-viewer - view a PDF document using a PDF browser under X11 SYNOPSIS
xfig-pdf-viewer file.pdf DESCRIPTION
xfig-pdf-viewer is a little shell script, which tries to find out which PDF viewers you have installed on your system and then starts them. xfig-pdf-viewer tries the following PDF viewers with descending priority: - xpdf(1) - kpdf(1) - evince(1) - acroread(1) - gpdf(1) - gv(1) - gnome-gv(1) - kghostview(1) - ghostview(1) If the environment variable PDFVIEWER is set, this is used with highest priority. ENVIRONMENT
PDFVIEWER you can define your favorite browser with this variable, it overrides the priority of the above mentioned viewers. AUTHOR
Roland Rosenfeld <roland@spinnaker.de> SEE ALSO
xpdf(1), kpdf(1), evince(1), acroread(1), gpdf(1), gv(1), gnome-gv(1), kghostview(1), ghostview(1) Debian Project JULY 2006 XFIG-PDF-VIEWER(1)