Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Jumpstart from DVD
Operating Systems Solaris Jumpstart from DVD Post 303000386 by jnojr on Tuesday 11th of July 2017 11:10:30 AM
Old 07-11-2017
Between Building A Solaris 10 Recovery DVD - Phoronix and placing the sysidcfg file in /etc of the miniroot (as opposed to following the default symlink to /tmp/root/etc/sysidcfg), it's reading that config. It looks like I had an issue with the profile. I changed my rules file to 'any - begin profile finish' and fleshed out the network config in sysidcfg.

Now, after booting, I get "An error has occurred in configuring the system. Please go back and check your settings." /var/sadm/system/logs/sysidtool.log is the only log file I can find that seems relevant. It has a line "get_net_ipaddr: returend FAILURE: e1000g0 is probably already 0.0.0.0" 'ifconfig -a' agrees... e1000g0 became unnumbered. If I use ifconfig to bring it up, that doesn't get me anywhere. Earlier in sysidtool.log, there are multiple references to e1000g0 having the correct IP address. It appears that something is making it unconfigure or renumber the interface and give up.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Jumpstart?

I have been asked to research Jumpstart and don't know where to begin! Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks! :-) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avana100
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Jumpstart Help

Hi Peeps, Created a jumpstart server for an unattened install and it works, but got 2 bugs in the config which I would like to work out: when you boot net install It still asks you to select a language and locale, after you do this it kicks of an unattended install. So my question is,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
5 Replies

3. Solaris

dvd/cdrom missing after solaris 10 jumpstart

Hi everybody Having a strange problem on a x4270m2 Sun server. Jumpstarting it from dvd drive. After install the dvddrive does not exist. Be aware jumpstart is custommade bash-3.00# mount -F hsfs -o ro /dev/dsk/c1t4d0p0 /cdrom mount: No such device mount: cannot mount... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stockhes
7 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///dev/dvd'

I am getting an error similar to this when I try to watch dvd's. Every program has a similar version of this. unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///dev/dvd'For VLC I have found a way to fix it. CD/DVD Drive not working VLC error (SOLVED) (Page 1) - Help & Support (Stable) - CrunchBang Linux Forums... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

5. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies
sys-unconfig(1M)					  System Administration Commands					  sys-unconfig(1M)

NAME
sys-unconfig - undo a system's configuration SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/sys-unconfig DESCRIPTION
The sys-unconfig command is used to restore a system's configuration to an "as-manufactured" state, ready to be reconfigured again. The system's configuration consists of hostname, Network Information Service (NIS) domain name, timezone, IP address, IP subnet mask, and root password. This operation is the inverse of those performed by the sysidnet(1M), sysidns(1M), and sysidsys(1M) programs run at boot. See sysidtool(1M). sys-unconfig does the following: o Saves current /etc/inet/hosts file information in /etc/inet/hosts.saved. o If the current /etc/vfstab file contains NFS mount entries, saves the /etc/vfstab file to /etc/vfstab.orig. o Restores the default /etc/inet/hosts file. o Removes the default hostname in /etc/hostname.interface files for all interfaces configured when this command is run. To deter- mine which interfaces are configured, run the command 'ifconfig-a'. The /etc/hostname.interface files corresponding to all of the interfaces listed in the resulting output, with the exception of the loopback interface (lo0), will be removed. o Removes the default domainname in /etc/defaultdomain. o Restores the timezone to PST8PDT in /etc/TIMEZONE. o Disables the Network Information Service (NIS) and Network Information Service Plus (NIS+) if either NIS or NIS+ was configured. o Removes the file /etc/inet/netmasks. o Removes the file /etc/defaultrouter. o Removes the password set for root in /etc/shadow. o Removes the file /etc/.rootkey. o Executes all system configuration applications. These applications are defined by prior executions of a sysidconfig -a applica- tion. (See sysidconfig(1M)). When sys-unconfig is run, all system configuration applications are passed one argument, -u. o Removes the file /etc/resolv.conf. o Removes the file /etc/sysidcfg. o Disables LDAP by removing /var/ldap/ldap_client_cache, /var/ldap/ldap_client_file, /var/ldap/ldap_client_cred, and /var/ldap/cachemgr.log. o Regenerates keys for sshd(1M). When sys-unconfig is finished, it performs a system shutdown. sys-unconfig is a potentially dangerous utility and can only be run by the super user. FILES
/etc/default/init process control initialization /etc/defaultdomain determines host's domain name /etc/defaultrouter specifies an IPv4 host's default router /etc/hostname.interface identifies symbolic host name associated with network interface interface /etc/inet/hosts host name database /etc/inet/netmasks network mask database /etc/nodename local source for system name /etc/.rootkey super-user's secret key /etc/shadow shadow password file /etc/sysidcfg system identification configuration file for diskless booting /etc/vfstab virtual file system table /var/nis/NIS_COLD_START list of NIS+ servers that serve a host's default domain /var/yp/binding/*/ypservers identifies NIS servers to which the client is allowed to bind ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWadmap | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
init(1M), kdmconfig(1M), sshd(1M), sysidconfig(1M), sysidtool(1M), hosts(4), netmasks(4), shadow(4), sysidcfg(4), attributes(5) NOTES
sys-unconfig is not available on diskless clients. SunOS 5.11 19 Jul 2007 sys-unconfig(1M)